First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well guys thanks for all of your help and encouragement. Unfortunately I talked to my recruiter today and he essentially said right away sorry ur disqualified.
Ugh. That really sucks. It's hard to weight in on any of it without know what had happened in the past. Given whatever it was not being on your permanent record... and assuming it isn't medically disqualifying due to a sustained injury that would prevent you from being fit-for-full-duty, or a psychological issue that would bring dependability into question... I'd of figured they would have been something that could have been done.

Sorry to hear about it. You can always call another recruiting station... discuss your scenario and get a second opinion. I don't know all the criteria for disqualification... so I can't speak very knowledgably about whether or not there's wiggle room with your situation. Some no's… as I understand... are conditional. If it is... then it might still be possibly, with work on the detailer's part. If they've hit quotas already in the middle of the month with more prospects lined up for next month, they may not be interested in putting energy in trying to push you through. Sounds terrible to say... and I'm no detailer... but I've worked with many that did detailing duty and know that when numbers are good, with prospects lined up for awhile, it's short days/days off... and minimal effort put forth, because they've already accomplished their goals.
Sponsored

pcsavvy

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (Sonic Gray Pearl)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bummer. If you are serious about getting in the military check with the other branches to see if you are disqualified as far as they are concerned. The Air Force is the smallest branch of the military as far as number of personnel needed whereas the Marine Corps and Army need more personnel due to their missions. The Air Force is usually lot more selective of its recruits while the other branches may not be as selective.
You may want to try going Army National Guard first and then as you get some service under your belt then switch to active duty if you are still interested. Unfortunately, a lot of Guard units are being treated as regular Army and being deployed overseas for long term. No matter what branch Active, Reserves, or National Guard you would still have to go to Basic Training so you would not need to that a second time.

Edit:
Also if accepted into the Army National Guard, you can later, possibly switch to the Air National Guard or Active Air Force.

Edit2:
If you can get into the Army National Guard and then decide to switch branches of service, you have less scrutiny into your civilian background because you are currently serving so they are less strict due to that.

Last edited:

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man, that sucks. like @pcsavvy said, try other branches. One thing that may be disqualifying for the Air Force/Air National Guard may not be necessarily disqualifying for the Army, Navy, or Marines. Best of luck to you, my dude.
Sponsored