Anyone here shoot POV driving videos with GoPro?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My lovely girlfriend just got me the newest GoPro Hero 8 for my birthday and I'm beyond ecstatic and hype to use it. Been telling her for so long how I thought all these youtube POV driving videos are so cool and how I thought it'd be cool to record some of the night runs I do.

I'm wondering the optimal settings to use and where to place it, I've seen some people say put it on a hat and avoid the headband etc.

I know nothing about GoPro as this is my first so any tips are helpful, thanks!
Sponsored

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
I do have the one that you put on your head but I haven’t used it yet. I bought a double suction thing where you can place your gopro on it and mount it on either driver or passenger side mirror.

Smatree Double Suction Cup Mount with Greater Suction Power Compatible for Gopro Max/Hero 8/7/6/5/4/3+/3/2/1/ Hero Session/for DJI OSMO Action Camera https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PQ4ACQ2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_UqowFbE893K8G

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I do have the one that you put on your head but I haven’t used it yet. I bought a double suction thing where you can place your gopro on it and mount it on either driver or passenger side mirror.

Smatree Double Suction Cup Mount with Greater Suction Power Compatible for Gopro Max/Hero 8/7/6/5/4/3+/3/2/1/ Hero Session/for DJI OSMO Action Camera https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PQ4ACQ2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_UqowFbE893K8G
Hahahha I love the new picture man

But yeah I was going to look into something like that too, it'd be cool to have it outside but I feel like wind noise would be too much. Maybe something for the dash is better

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
One more thing, if you plan on doing the external mic, don’t buy the gopro jack. It’s crap man. Mine was useless after a couple of shots. When I used it at the 2018 F1 USGP in COTA, the sound was distorted.

Last edited:

BadDriversNH

Second best dashcammer in NH?
First Name
Burke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I made a short little POV video, it wasn't too bad. I have the original Session and I just used the regular headstrap and default settings, albeit it was a day run, not night like you mentioned. GoPros aren't regarded for their nighttime capabilities.
Sponsored