Anyone here see Scotty Kilmer's YouTube channel?

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Honest question - I recently came across this guy on YouTube and I honestly cannot understand why he has such a following and why people actually like this guy. I could probably disprove a lot of the things he says on his channel and not to mention the fact that he seems to dislike everything if it isn't a Toyota. Just curious if anyone likes him or feels the same way.
Sponsored

warsaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civicx
Country flag
I can tell you haven’t watched very many of his videos

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
I’ve watched several of his videos over the years. He’s definitely not my favorite, but I’ve gotten some tips from him on a few things. I much prefer EricTheCarGuy and ChrisFix.

SoCalCivicSI

Car Addict
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
South Carolina Near Spartanburg, formally So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic SI, 2006 2.4 5 Speed EX Accord Sedan, 1973 Ford Ranchero 500, 351 C with 73 Boss 351 block and internals, Holley 750, Edelbrock manifold
Country flag
Ah....Chris Fix won't show his face, don't trust him!! :rofl:

Seriously, Scotty is definitely set in his ways but he's like your old uncle that's been working on cars since before power tools!!
You CAN learn stuff from him!!!

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Scotty is a nice guy and has a lot of experience, but recently is posting way way too much and most of the new stuff is clearly produced just to make views. Anyway he is there to give simple suggestions to non-car people, if you are interested in detailed technical guides there are other channels.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve watched several of his videos over the years. He’s definitely not my favorite, but I’ve gotten some tips from him on a few things. I much prefer EricTheCarGuy and ChrisFix.
Eric the car guy is the bomb. No nonsense, great advice and vids. Scotty is ok, just don't need his drama.

olivia

First Name
olivia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Country flag
I watched some of his videos and wish Sam Elliott would be on his place. Do you remember that guy? He is most famous for playing the role of Gar in “Mask.” I read that he is an actor, writer, and producer whose “bad boy” looks and physique have earned him a spot on both the Hollywood scene and in the hearts of women.

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
Hey guys!!! I love watching Chrisfix videos. Just the way his videos are produced and the tone of his speech keeps me interested. Hell, I once watched his radiator flush video because I was bored and it came up on my recommended videos. I fell like Kilmores videos are more for people who think they are "real" car people and that everyone else is either lazy or just wasting money. I remember watching his video on why key turn ignition is better than keyless ignition. If what I remember, his reason was "it's more expensive to repair keyless or to get a replacement." No sherlock. Of course some new technology is going to cost more than the old way. His style of videos is almost strange. Its shot in 5 second increments and its always something odd like him rolling out the bed of a truck.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
i respect that scotty lives in the best state in the country (tejas). i also like his passuon for his celica

what i dont like is that his videos are so general. .. like 5 minute repair videos that dont help with shit. ericthecarguy is better for real walk through repair videos of hondas that ive used a few tines for my older honda cars. tue only thing about eric is that he is bald and is really insecure about it so he wears a hat 24/7.

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
He makes some videos that offer good advice, BUT he makes some videos too that are mediocre and biased.

In most cases, the videos are aimed toward the category of viewers who know little to nothing about cars and maintenance, so in that regard, his advice can save headaches and money for that crowd; however, he does make helpful videos to reinforce misnomers about accessories or products.

All in all, I’ll watch his videos if they are about a maintenance process, but when he posts videos about why car Brand X is worse/better than car Brand Y, then I’ll just skip the video.

Sty09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I honestly cannot understand why he has such a following and why people actually like this guy.
He's a meme on 4chan's automotive board. I think that accounts for the majority of his views if I had to guess.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
Honest question - I recently came across this guy on YouTube and I honestly cannot understand why he has such a following and why people actually like this guy. I could probably disprove a lot of the things he says on his channel and not to mention the fact that he seems to dislike everything if it isn't a Toyota. Just curious if anyone likes him or feels the same way.
He's alright - but I think he's on coke. If you've ever seen how many edits go into a rant, he's cutting out a LOT.. hah.

Habanero

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX. 2012 G25
Country flag
One thing I noticed is he contradicts himself a lot! He actually recommend NOT to buy one of our civics because of the high cost of CVT failure down the line fair enough so he says buy a corolla. Then in another video he says don't'buy a corolla! Then I see all these apology videos where he says he is wrong I mean really? The thumbnail descriptions often don't match the content they are clickbaity but I do like it when he goes into the details of a repair find it interesting.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
He seems to have knowledge and experience, but he's a sensationalist and often erratic (at least on camera) which gets him views. Just don't mistake his opinions with facts

OP
OP
jred721

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
He seems to have knowledge and experience, but he's a sensationalist and often erratic (at least on camera) which gets him views. Just don't mistake his opinions with facts
The thing that gets me the most about him is that he has inherent biases from years ago that you can see in his videos. I saw a video where a 2015 silverado came in with a broken ac compressor. Proceeds to call the car junk and then at the same time can find no other fault with the truck whatsoever. Stuff like that makes me not take a lot of the things he says seriously. A truck is not "junk" just because an ac compressor goes bad. By that logic, our civics are junk too.
Sponsored