Anyone here involved in class action against SiriusXM?

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was involved in a class action suit against them last year ,basically for calling me all the time when they weren't be supposed to. They gave me a choice between 3 free months of service, which I took, or a cash settlement of around 12.00
Today, I got a postcard that says it's a check for 38.00, for the settlement. Never seen any type of check etc issued as a post card, just wondering if anyone else received one.
As I mentioned, I took the 3 months of free service, and used it , but now they are sending me cash too it seems. I'll take it though lol
Sponsored

XIO1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I was involved in a class action suit against them last year ,basically for calling me all the time when they weren't be supposed to. They gave me a choice between 3 free months of service, which I took, or a cash settlement of around 12.00
Today, I got a postcard that says it's a check for 38.00, for the settlement. Never seen any type of check etc issued as a post card, just wondering if anyone else received one.
As I mentioned, I took the 3 months of free service, and used it , but now they are sending me cash too it seems. I'll take it though lol
I remember signing up for the free service but was never notified that I could activate it. I too received a postcard check in the mail today. 38.45. I just tried to do a mobile deposit but the endorsement side is the address side of the postcard and the mobile reader apparently thinks it isn't legit because it will not take it. Anyone else have that happen?

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I actually had to contact them about getting the free service activated, but i got that several months ago right after the case was over.
The postcard is definitely legit though, the bank cashed it with no issues.
I can't believe more people on here weren't involved in this.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Settlements can often change depending on several factors. They even say on the site that it could be higher or lower then the estimated $12. You should have no issues going to bank to deposit though. I could definitely see mobile deposit being an issue. I’ve received similar checks from settlements before but I never had an issue with mobile deposit at my bank.

https://siriusxmdnctcpasettlement.com/

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
They never called me, but they clog my mailbox and inbox, is there a class action suit for that? ?

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Got the check this week. It’s pretty common for the class action checks to be like that small postcard type. Also if you do like mail in rebates sometimes. They come that way too. Had a few car care item rebates that came thru those.

No problems doing the deposit via online banking app.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Settlements can often change depending on several factors. They even say on the site that it could be higher or lower then the estimated $12. You should have no issues going to bank to deposit though. I could definitely see mobile deposit being an issue. I’ve received similar checks from settlements before but I never had an issue with mobile deposit at my bank.

https://siriusxmdnctcpasettlement.com/
I wasn't really surprised at the amount difference, just that they gave me both the free service and the cash settlement. Not complaining by any means, was just surprised. I refuse to pay for it though,and they've already started sending me tons of stuff in the mail to start it back up,lol
Sponsored