First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know everyone wants to delete rev hang but i find it pretty useful especially putting around neighborhoods at low rpms so it doesnt buck around back and forth when going on/off throttle.

....or maybe i just got to used to shifting with revhang :rofl:
Sponsored

FC1Dawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I don't mind it. I normally just enable Cruise Main to turn on rev hang in low speed areas, such as neighborhoods. Then, just disable it to turn rev hang off when I'm out on the street.

But lately, I've gotten used to not having rev hang and I haven't been jerking/bucking around when going on/off throttle.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I'm either too stupid to notice a problem or my car doesn't have this problem. Someone explain what this issue is to me please.

OP
OP
Jtantuco

Jtantuco

luv_SIc
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't mind it. I normally just enable Cruise Main to turn on rev hang in low speed areas, such as neighborhoods. Then, just disable it to turn rev hang off when I'm out on the street.

But lately, I've gotten used to not having rev hang and I haven't been jerking/bucking around when going on/off throttle.
Thats what i do as well. Ive been trying to get used to it without cruise control but idk even when im slow off/on it bucks a little. Especially in the cold

OP
OP
Jtantuco

Jtantuco

luv_SIc
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm either too stupid to notice a problem or my car doesn't have this problem. Someone explain what this issue is to me please.
When going light light throttle in first gear especially in my neighborhood when its 10mph speed limit when you take your foot off the throttle it bucks when rev hang is disabled.

I either just renable or go into second gear which still bucks a bit but not as bad.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
When going light light throttle in first gear especially in my neighborhood when its 10mph speed limit when you take your foot off the throttle it bucks when rev hang is disabled.

I either just renable or go into second gear which still bucks a bit but not as bad.
From what I understand... This happens mostly when you are below 10 mph in 1st and 2nd gear, and it is bad in this car for a few reasons.

When your foot goes on and off throttle, the engine switches from acceleration mode and engine braking mode. This doesn’t happen the same way in an Automatic trans car with a torque converter. You can get on and off the throttle as much as you want, making micro adjustments to your speed with no jerking.

When you do this in 1st or 2nd gear in this car below 10 mph, the transition from engine braking to accelerating rocks the engine back and forth. This car has a soft rear motor mount with a lot of play that transfers a lot of this energy to the chassis. Many people here change out the RMM for a harder racing one that reduces this feeling and transfers more of that energy to the ground.

Once you start bucking in this car, it really runs away because you are accidentally hitting the pedal with your foot a little bit while you are getting tossed around like a rag doll in the drivers seat.

My solution is to make your throttle inputs more methodical at these low speeds. On pedal for the required time, off pedal or put in neutral and coast more as you predict what the cars in front of you are doing when you come to a stop in heavy traffic.

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From what I understand... This happens mostly when you are below 10 mph in 1st and 2nd gear, and it is bad in this car for a few reasons.

When your foot goes on and off throttle, the engine switches from acceleration mode and engine braking mode. This doesn’t happen the same way in an Automatic trans car with a torque converter. You can get on and off the throttle as much as you want, making micro adjustments to your speed with no jerking.

When you do this in 1st or 2nd gear in this car below 10 mph, the transition from engine braking to accelerating rocks the engine back and forth. This car has a soft rear motor mount with a lot of play that transfers a lot of this energy to the chassis. Many people here change out the RMM for a harder racing one that reduces this feeling and transfers more of that energy to the ground.

Once you start bucking in this car, it really runs away because you are accidentally hitting the pedal with your foot a little bit while you are getting tossed around like a rag doll in the drivers seat.

My solution is to make your throttle inputs more methodical at these low speeds. On pedal for the required time, off pedal or put in neutral and coast more as you predict what the cars in front of you are doing when you come to a stop in heavy traffic.
Ah so that's why people get the RMM.

I usually don't mind rev hang. With aftermarket exhausts it consistently gives a nice crackle whenever you let off the throttle that's more inconsistent with rev hang off. I used to hate it but now it's a plus.

DRuby

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si, 2013 CR-V
Country flag
In casual driving when I'm limited in acceleration, such as a bunch of cars ahead starting from a light, I sometimes get into 2nd and then to 4th. The RPM drop rate seems to match the 2nd - 4th ratios.

I also try to minimize driving in 1st gear, use 2nd as much as possible as long as the car is moving and watching for lugging it.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
I like it for putting around.

Dan-O

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I much prefer not having any. driving my friends cars is nicer imo since they don't have any delay to the inputs or when they can shift.

Dan-O

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

My car does this in first gear with rev hang on lol it's just really aggressive in 1st gear so i just try to be careful.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
The worst is when you go from a civic to some non-rev hanging car. You feel like a slow-shifting noob waiting for the rev hang when there is none :doh:
test drove an s2000 at a dealership awhile back and I burned the shit out of that clutch. it was embarrassing. haha
Sponsored