Twizzy27

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey guys its no secret that the awe touring exhaust is by far the most popular for the civic type r. I was wondering how many people have actually tried the invidia r400 instead. I've always been a fan of invidia and love the look of them. Plus I'm a sucker and I'd like my ctr to match my s2k. (Red s2k2 red ctr). My main fear is that as my daily the invidia will drone on the highway. I've spent tons of time on YouTube listening to sound clips but I just can't seem to tell all that well. Anyways if anyone has some experience let me know!

Cheers!

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone have the invidia r400 on ctr? 20180219_124547
Sponsored

Eugene_Fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Type R FK8, 2018 RX350 base
Country flag
just to let you know, you will have drone cursing in the highway at 3000-4000 rpm, but my trick is to go above or stay at 4000 rpm. It then have no drone at all. Of course, release the gas padel you will still have the drone but if you just holding it on 4000 ish, no drone at all.
took me a while to figure it out and now i'm cursing on 5th gear or 4th gear most time

Mantihts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
Country flag
The r400 sounds great but has probably the worst drone of any exhaust on the market. Even cruising on the highway it can be unbearable at times.

Hatchi

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Prius, 2020 BBP CTR
Country flag
Hey guys its no secret that the awe touring exhaust is by far the most popular for the civic type r. I was wondering how many people have actually tried the invidia r400 instead. I've always been a fan of invidia and love the look of them. Plus I'm a sucker and I'd like my ctr to match my s2k. (Red s2k2 red ctr). My main fear is that as my daily the invidia will drone on the highway. I've spent tons of time on YouTube listening to sound clips but I just can't seem to tell all that well. Anyways if anyone has some experience let me know!

Cheers!
If you wanna stay brand loyal, get the Invidia Q300, it's a milder tone, and supposedly doesn't drone anywhere near as hard as the R400. In the Type R world, the R400 and the ARK DT-S are the drone kings.

OP
OP
Twizzy27

Twizzy27

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
If you wanna stay brand loyal, get the Invidia Q300, it's a milder tone, and supposedly doesn't drone anywhere near as hard as the R400. In the Type R world, the R400 and the ARK DT-S are the drone kings.
I didn't even realize there was a q300 for the type r lol. I'll definitely be looking at that.

Thanks!

Eugene_Fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Type R FK8, 2018 RX350 base
Country flag
pretty much for titanium pipes type exhaust, they will have drone but also a really deep tone with light weight then typical stainless steel one.

JGood757

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have the catted invidia downpipe and R400. It definitely drones but it’s all personal preference. It doesn’t bother me much and I’ve made multiple 3+ hour road trips. Overall I love the sound

Rayzorman1

I bleed Honda red.......
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Touring Hatchback, 2019 Type R. 2021 CRV Black Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We have the Invidia Gemini on our FK7 and love it. Based on that and videos online I went with the R400 for the FK8. From the outside, the R400 sounds great, nice growl.

On the inside, it’s pretty loud and the drone for me was unbearable. Had it on for 3-4 weeks and ended up taking it off and selling it.

REC13

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1999 Integra gsr, 2014 Mustang GT
Country flag
I'll start by saying I think the term drone is some internet buzz word that people get stuck on when talking exhaust. All performance exhaust make more noise and flow more air...that is why we buy them. I have the R400 on my R and I think it sounds great. It isn't like an old fart can exhaust on a 90's Honda, but yes it is louder than stock and yes you can hear it on the freeway. It is very tolerable and enjoyable. I didn't like the raspy raw sound from a bunch of the other options and also didn't like the restriction on the Greddy SP unit.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have listened in person to both the track Awe and the R400 and both were too loud for me but still sounded great. I did multiple rides in different cars. Cruising at 3000 rpm was unbearable for me as in it just got old to constantly hear the drone. Again everyone is different. If I were to stick with an invidia I would get the more tame q300 but that one I did not hear live.

For me though after listening to multiple exhausts I now plan on running the Sequence exhaust which is a nice valved exhaust with no drone and still need to sell my Borla ATAK.

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I have listened in person to both the track Awe and the R400 and both were too loud for me but still sounded great.
Thanks for the great words! The Touring edition is a more refined tone and easier going on the cabin noise, and I believe there is a third system coming out from AWE to address those of you running DownPipes.

REC13

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1999 Integra gsr, 2014 Mustang GT
Country flag
Stock down pipe.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Some folks have really sensitive ears I think. My buddy has the R400 and I've ridden in his car, there is drone yes but it is so damn quiet. Easy to have a conversation still, and a just a mild hum while cruising around 3000rpms. On acceleration it sounds nice, deeper and more aggressive than most exhausts I've heard on the Type R which at this point is quite a few.

We did a catless downpipe over the weekend, and while it definitely added more volume, it is still pretty bearable. Drone is so subjective though, what is just fine for some isn't for others.

Vaporeon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Civic Type R
Country flag
I have the R400 on mine, and personally it is by far the best sounding exhaust for the R... It is the most "boxer/sti" sounding exhaust which is why I bought it.

Deeper, Lower Tones, Rumbly, no lawnmower noises which is a big deal breaker for me in most mainstream CTR exhausts.

Albeit, my buddy with an R400 in his STI commented on the drone from mine being worse than his... I still love it, makes me really love driving the car that much more. Even volume nob at 27 I can still hear it creeping over the bass of the car.

Again that being said, I fucking love it. ?

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
I have the R400 on mine, and personally it is by far the best sounding exhaust for the R... It is the most "boxer/sti" sounding exhaust which is why I bought it.

Deeper, Lower Tones, Rumbly, no lawnmower noises which is a big deal breaker for me in most mainstream CTR exhausts.

Albeit, my buddy with an R400 in his STI commented on the drone from mine being worse than his... I still love it, makes me really love driving the car that much more. Even volume nob at 27 I can still hear it creeping over the bass of the car.

Again that being said, I fucking love it. ?
Did you say you have the volume at 27 and can just hear the radio over the exhaust? When's the last time you got a hearing check haha. I normally listen to the volume at 8 max...
Sponsored