Anyone have the dealership install factory remote start on their car?

nags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
I've seen people here have done it themselves but has anyone had the dealership do it for them? Is it something they do?
Sponsored

Seeps96

First Name
Sepan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI coupe
Country flag
I've actually called my dealership here in TN, and the rep told me not only do we not have the parts for it, but we won't even install it if you bring it to us, something to do with safety.

OP
OP
nags

nags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
I've actually called my dealership here in TN, and the rep told me not only do we not have the parts for it, but we won't even install it if you bring it to us, something to do with safety.
I forgot to come back and update this. They told me they absolutely can and will do it..... For $750 ?

Hemegonia

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I did a self install for $200-$250 of a fortin kit. A bunch of dealers said no in Massachusetts because of safety issues on a manual (bs excuse). If you’re in the MA area I can lend a hand.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
I honestly wouldn't trust a dealer to install it anyway.

OP
OP
nags

nags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
I did a self install for $200-$250 of a fortin kit. A bunch of dealers said no in Massachusetts because of safety issues on a manual (bs excuse). If you’re in the MA area I can lend a hand.

I haven't heard of Fortin. I'm looking at their site now. How do you like it?

Hemegonia

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I haven't heard of Fortin. I'm looking at their site now. How do you like it?
No complaints, the config software was easy to use. (You will need the programmer) The install guide was MOSTLY helpful. You won’t get official support because you are not an authorized installer. No big deal. They’re somehow related to crimestoppers? I’ve installed the fortin evo one on 5 different cars now (friends and family). Configured remote start to factory remote lock button three times. I did one with a extended 2-way rf remote, that wasn’t bad either But not worth another $100 to me. Should be able to get HON7 harness bundled with the evo one unit for $180 on eBay and another $30 for the programmer and $10 for posi tap splicers.

I vaguely remember looking for alternatives but they didn’t have enough newbie friendly information/harness. Fortin made it the most plug and play like that I could find.

Johnny_Bane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
I'd love to pick your brain more about that self install job and the fortin kit. Also located in Massachusetts conveniently, and sad to see that you can't get them installed around here anymore without the crazy 19 step programming. I had remote starts in both of my RSX-S back in the day and it cost me MAYBE $350 installed, and have always parked in neutral/E-brake as long as I've been driving. I love my fk7 but man I miss remote start.

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
I wish Honda had elected to do an OEM 2-way starter. My car is well out of view from the apartment, and it's so damned cold-blooded that starting it early is almost a necessity to have it start to warm up for my 8 mile work commute. My F150 Super Crew warms faster - and I do the run extension on the civic once it starts as well.
(But My heated seats in the civic beat the heated seats in the F150 hands down.)
Sponsored