Anyone Have OEM Type R RMM installed on their Hatchback?

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I keep seeing Si users with Type R RMM but are there any FK7 peeps using the Type R RMM in their hatch? How is it? Does it benefit tuned CVT builds as well? Want to go with Type R one as I heard the increased NVH is very little compared to the aftermarket ones.
Sponsored

litcrayon

First Name
Kanav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch ST (CVT)
Country flag
I’ve been using it for a few weeks now on a CVT!

I think it’s worth it, it smooths out some of that CVT jerkiness you get when in slow traffic and the increase in NVH is almost nothing, the only thing I notice is the engine running sound is a bit louder when at idle but it’s something only you as the owner might notice, anyone else would assume it’s OEM sound

i would recommend it myself, pretty much 0 downsides to the Type R one, i hear some aftermarket solutions have serious NVH problems which I’m not interested in

OP
OP
Robot3RK

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I’ve been using it for a few weeks now on a CVT!

I think it’s worth it, it smooths out some of that CVT jerkiness you get when in slow traffic and the increase in NVH is almost nothing, the only thing I notice is the engine running sound is a bit louder when at idle but it’s something only you as the owner might notice, anyone else would assume it’s OEM sound

i would recommend it myself, pretty much 0 downsides to the Type R one, i hear some aftermarket solutions have serious NVH problems which I’m not interested in
Just what I wanted to hear thank you! One more thing. You just used the Type R RMM as it is right? Or did you also used the Perrin Insert to it as well?

litcrayon

First Name
Kanav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch ST (CVT)
Country flag
Just what I wanted to hear thank you! One more thing. You just used the Type R RMM as it is right? Or did you also used the Perrin Insert to it as well?
just the type r mount, nothing else, I actually have the perrin insert in my trunk lol just incase but I think for the power I’m making going farther wouldn’t really be worth it, I’m only running a tune & intake right now

I’m going to be putting on a DP/FP and intercooler within 6-8 weeks so maybe after all that I will see if I want to try the insert but I think anymore noise or vibrations will bother me, I’m all for mods but not at the expense of daily driving comfort

moverbaugh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Hatch
Country flag
I need to get around to installing mine. It's been sitting on the shelf for a while now.

I did install the Focus Electric RMM on my old Mazda3 HB, and it definitely made a difference over the spongy stock mount.

SleepyCivic

First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Sedan WOP
Country flag
I know this is a hatch post, but I run the CTR RMM in my SI with the Perrin insert and the nvh after break in is negligible. The SI mount with the Perrin insert was actually worse nvh wise. The CTR mount with the insert is a damn near perfect trade off between daily driver friendly and response/performance. Zero wheel hop too.
Sponsored