Anyone have experience shooting rollers with a gopro?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Want to start getting some rollers, wondering if the hand grip mount they offer provides enough stability for some good footage or if there are any other recommendations
Sponsored

techguy124

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback EX
Country flag
Depends on which gopro you have. I have one of the newer ones with image stabilization and on video it's amazing. But I don't think the stabilization works with photos but mine does take 4k pictures which are really good as well. I think I have the hero 7 black but not positive, at work currently.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Depends on which gopro you have. I have one of the newer ones with image stabilization and on video it's amazing. But I don't think the stabilization works with photos but mine does take 4k pictures which are really good as well. I think I have the hero 7 black but not positive, at work currently.
yeah I have the go pro 8, the stabilization helps a ton but when shooting up close it can be a little bit shaky holding it with my hand

techguy124

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback EX
Country flag
yeah I have the go pro 8, the stabilization helps a ton but when shooting up close it can be a little bit shaky holding it with my hand
Maybe get o
Maybe try a hand held stabilizer? I know they have them for phones idk if they have any for gopros specifically. I wanted to get one for my phone but I don't take photos or videos enough to justify the price.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
The wide angle lens on the GoPro makes for a....... "unique" photo imo. You can buy a really decent used DSLR for about the same price as a GoPro. And they take much nicer photos.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe get o
Maybe try a hand held stabilizer? I know they have them for phones idk if they have any for gopros specifically. I wanted to get one for my phone but I don't take photos or videos enough to justify the price.
yeah they do at best buy i think i might just scoop one, bit pricey though
Here's a rabbit hole. Go forth and make wonderful shots to share with us ?

https://www.google.com/search?q=diy...ndroid-google&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
looking into this now, if i can find a cheap stabilizer im going to pull the trigger since im not too good with diy stuff heh
The wide angle lens on the GoPro makes for a....... "unique" photo imo. You can buy a really decent used DSLR for about the same price as a GoPro. And they take much nicer photos.
yeah mainly want roller footage, i had a canon 60d years ago with a 35mm lens that i sincerely regret selling

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
yeah they do at best buy i think i might just scoop one, bit pricey though

looking into this now, if i can find a cheap stabilizer im going to pull the trigger since im not too good with diy stuff heh

yeah mainly want roller footage, i had a canon 60d years ago with a 35mm lens that i sincerely regret selling
60D is a great camera, and I had one a few years back too. I've since moved on to mirrorless cameras and love my a7iir and wish I could afford an a7iiir. Mine takes phenomenal video and the best photos I've ever taken.
Sponsored