Anyone have experience purchasing from carvana?

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
My daughter is looking into purchasing a used car, and we’ve seen some decent deals on carvana. Has anyone purchased through them? Good/bad experiences?
Sponsored

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have not personally, but I have heard good things. A good friend of mine bought his last two cars with Carvana and has no complaints at all.

JD_SA

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
My Carvana experience was miles of smiles :) I live in San Antonio, TX and bought a 2019 Civic Si Coupe from them 2 weeks ago. A sweet ride: Lunar Silver Metallic with a humming 1.5 L 4-cylinder turbo connected to a 6-speed MT.
Gotta say everything they advertise on the site was legit: condition of the coupe, mileage, pricing including tags title, etc. The price they gave me for my trade-in was fair. The coupe description and pics on the site were accurate, it showed 2 minor defects: surface scratch on passenger fender and some rubbing on the passenger side outer mirror. Rest of car pristine. Day of delivery they trailered the coupe to my door, gave me ample time to inspect and take it on a test run. They checked over my trade-in which I listed as very good condition with no drama and no attempt to give me less than what was promised. Loaded my trade-in and off they went. The 7 day test period is gravy: if you don't like the vehicle they bring, you can request a different vehicle (3 is the limit) or they will return your trade-in. I fell hard for the coupe, so there was 0 chance of me giving it back.
Granted this was my one and only Carvana experience, but I was highly satisfied. JD

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
My good friend got his Lexus from carvana it honestly sounded sooooooo much easier than when I bought my car at the Honda dealership lol. You do everything online (find the car you want, financing, additional paperwork). The car he wanted was in Tx and they brought it over to Ca. We got to the carvana location the guy went over all the paperwork again that he had done online (a final review), wet signed all the documents, they gave him his coin. Popped it into the machine and his car came down (slower than I expected lol). Did a final walk through of the vehicle and then he gave my friend the keys and he was off. He actually had a few minor stuff that went out that was covered under the warranty (don’t remember how long the warranty was), but the way it works is you take it to the vehicles dealership. So he took it to Lexus, they verified the issue and that it was covered under warranty and they fixed the issue, of course free of charge. If I ever want to get a used car I’m for sure going through carvana. Plus they have the 7-day refund, if you don’t like it you can return the car and receive a refund

OP
OP
justasimpleman

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Carvana definitely sounds like the move for used. My daughter almost bought a used car recently through them, but she was impatient, and wanted to drive her first car “off the lot”...

kaputt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Accord 5MT; 2020 Civic Sport Coupe 6MT
Country flag
Never bought from them but when I was thinking about selling my Accord Carvana gave me the highest offer; in fact it wasn’t even all that far under private party value.

If I didn’t want to deal with private sale I would definitely lean toward selling to Carvana.

They seem like a solid operation.

Twizzy27

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
My fiance and I purchased a hrv through carvana. At first I was a bit on edge as the experience was totally different then what were used to at a dealership. But long story short it was really nice and easy everything was worked out online. We went to one of the big vending operations in Atlanta it spit out the car for a test drive and then we bought it. Honestly they way they do cars is another like carmax no haggling but for the most part your promised a car that is in good shape as they don't stock older and worn out cars. I would 100% recommend it and would do it again!

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Am considering trading in for whenever I get a different car so I decided to check out their website and get a quote real quick, and holy, they offered like $3,000 less than the average I see online for my exact car.

Mae22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
My stepson bought and financed his fully electric Chevy Spark through Carvana last year. He was 21 at the time, so he'd never experienced buying a vehicle at the dealership - he didn't know how good he had it. The entire process was simple and positive for him. The vehicle delivery process is very cool - their customer service is top notch. I, however, was disappointed that he chose delivery instead of the Carvana "car vending machine"...it's not far from us and I wanted to see it in action. :) Totally recommend Carvana.
Sponsored