Anyone have a custom wallet or holder for their key fob?

AUGM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI
Country flag
I may be looking to get something that covers up the buttons on the fob because I keep "pocket dialing" my car, and opening the trunk, rolling down windows, etc.
Anyone else run into this?
Sponsored

Bunhyung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Touring
Check on Etsy. Lots of vendors there but be prepared to spend more than you want to.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
guys it's a piece of plastic

If you're that worried about keeping your plastic shiny, some leftover PPF is probably the best course of action.
OP is worried about buttons getting pressed while fob is in his pockets, not worried about the fob getting scratched.

I've never had this issue. Can't wear skinny jeans cause my knots don't fit.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
I have the same one in black with the red stitching... and as you said, it doesn't do anything to prevent accidental button presses but it does look good while protecting the fob.

I couldn't imagine having my fob in something that i'd have to open up just to unlock my car.
I too have the black with red stitching. It's currently out of stock that's why it's not showing it. I have walk away locking enabled so there's never a need to take the fob out of my pocket. I'm loving the tech in this car. Except I wish I could do voice command like Mercedes does it. Would be nice to say "Hey Honda, tune to XM CNN" or "Hey Honda, open the roof". lol...

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I too have the black with red stitching. It's currently out of stock that's why it's not showing it. I have walk away locking enabled so there's never a need to take the fob out of my pocket. I'm loving the tech in this car. Except I wish I could do voice command like Mercedes does it. Would be nice to say "Hey Honda, tune to XM CNN" or "Hey Honda, open the roof". lol...
I always feel ridiculous talking to machines lol... Google Asistant, Alexa, anything.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I always feel ridiculous talking to machines lol... Google Asistant, Alexa, anything.
Man you haven't live until you tell Alexa to change tv channels for you. I ditched my plan to get one of them fancy Harmony Remotes.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I want to ditch the buttons altogether and just have a credit card sized fob that I can carry in my wallet.
Yeah you'll get you wish when they figure out how to make a credit card size battery or nuclear reactor with enough juice to power the transmitters.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Yeah you'll get you wish when they figure out how to make a credit card size battery or nuclear reactor with enough juice to power the transmitters.
Credit cards don’t need a battery to function with a card reader. Maybe the car detects the specific chip in your card and unlocks / starts as usual. I don’t think it’s that outlandish. Not like I am asking for the car to unlock or start using the power of my thoughts. Lol

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Credit cards don’t need a battery to function with a card reader. Maybe the car detects the specific chip in your card and unlocks / starts as usual. I don’t think it’s that outlandish. Not like I am asking for the car to unlock or start using the power of my thoughts. Lol
Yeah but have you notice the chipped credit cards have to be inserted into a slot for it to work? Even the Tesla credit card key needs a physical touch to work. The producer and consumer need to be physically very close for these to work.

I guess you could build a large wireless power transmitter (maybe large enough to cook flesh as a side effect. lol...) in the car and have the cc key fob receive this power to transmit its identify to the car. However, you can't just have the car transmit the power all the time because the car's battery will run out rather quickly. Ok so you can make the car only transmit the power when it detects the cc key fob. But if the cc key fob doesn't have a battery, then how could it transmit its identify so the car can detect when it's nearby? I believe this is known as the Chicken or Egg problem in System Engineering. :hmm: :lol:

So unless you're happy with a solution where you have to dry hump the door handle to unlock the car, then you're SOL for now. :lol:

Last edited:

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Yeah but have you notice the chipped credit cards have to be inserted into a slot for it to work? Even the Tesla credit card key needs a physical touch to work. The producer and consumer need to be physically very close for these to work.

I guess you could build a large wireless power transmitter (maybe large enough to cook flesh as a side effect. lol...) in the car and have the cc key fob receive this power to transmit its identify to the car. However, you can't just have the car transmit the power all the time because the car's battery will run out rather quickly. Ok so you can make the car only transmit the power when it detects the cc key fob. But if the cc key fob doesn't have a battery, then how could it transmit its identify so the car can detect when it's nearby? I believe this is known as the Chicken or Egg problem in System Engineering. :hmm: :lol:

So unless you're happy with a solution where you have to dry hump the door handle to unlock the car, then you're SOL for now. :lol:
I wasn’t trying to make this a nerd fight. My knowledge of tech is very small. Was just making a fun wishful request. Geez

OP
OP

AUGM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI
Country flag
OP is worried about buttons getting pressed while fob is in his pockets, not worried about the fob getting scratched.

I've never had this issue. Can't wear skinny jeans cause my knots don't fit.
I don't wear skinny jeans, but I have always had a habit of carrying my keys, change, pocket knife, etc in my right pocket as I'm right handed.
Anyway, I'm trying to get in the habit of putting the Honda key in my left by itself, and I put the dealer key chain thing over the buttons and wrapped a rubber band around it for now.
Sponsored