Anyone get pulled over for front window tint?

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thats why you never use your horn, or if you do, just tap it, because the other person could be a psycho. Unfortunately for that guy, the psycho was a cop. Although, he was being a little bit of a butt with his horn. What was the big hurry? Still didn't deserve all that though.

Incidentally, if that would've been me, he wouldn't have had to "subpoena" the camera, the local PD would've got their very own copy of the recording. :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

ext_katie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T Coupe
I really want to tint my two front windows with at least 50% but am worried I will get pulled over possibly. I see a hell of a lot of people do it but I feel like doing so puts you at risk if the cop decides to pull you over. And this may affect certain groups of people depending on which stereotype you fit. Some can afford to get away easier but the cops may be looking for a reason to pull other types over.

Has anyone in California gotten pulled over and did you get a ticket. Did you have to pay for it to be removed? What is your race if you don't mind me asking?

I'm from Texas, not California but the tint laws are a little strange here. I live on the Texas/Arkansas state line and Arkansas is a little more leniant as to how dark your tint can be. But I have 15% on my driver/passanger, and limo on all back and rear, and a 5% strip across the front windshield and I have never been pulled over even though I am on Texas side 99% of the time where law states they must be 30% or lighter.

kqn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The tint will look darker because the interior seats are black which will make it seem like it's 0% from certain angles..

richarev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WOP Civic Touring | 2002 Acura RSX
I actually got pulled over JUST for tint at 10am. They were 15%, but during the time my whole car was black which could have made it seem a lot darker as well. Debating if I should do 15% or 20% all around on my WOP.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I actually got pulled over JUST for tint at 10am. They were 15%, but during the time my whole car was black which could have made it seem a lot darker as well. Debating if I should do 15% or 20% all around on my WOP.
Damn. I passed a high-strung VA State Trooper (VA State Police are known to be assholes), he was literally yelling at another car, veins bulging out his neck, and didn't give my 20% Civvy a second glance (50% front/35% rear is legal)

Pure luck.

OP
OP
logan

logan

New Civic Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CIVIC EX-T
I ended up doing 20% on rear and let the fronts remain un-tinted for now. Seeing how light the 20% came out, I think i might consider getting 50% on the front as that is probably enough to be a nice tint but practically still clear enough to pass. I really like the tint job I got, but I kinda wish I had gone darker for the rear. 20% isn't even that dark and I have black interior. I feel a little embarrassed after bragging about how I was finally going to treat my car out to a nice rear tinting, and then could now make out with my girl friend in the back of the car privately. After the tint, she was like, are you sure you got your windows tinted? :doh::(

In my experience with the 20% rear tint, vision got better during the day because it reduced the glare that the sun was causing reflecting off the interior. At night, it is slightly darker, but definitely still able to identify everything well. In fact, I feel like it helps me focus on the important things while driving.

Last edited:

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ended up doing 20% on rear and let the fronts remain un-tinted for now. Seeing how light the 20% came out, I think i might consider getting 50% on the front as that is probably enough to be a nice tint but practically still clear enough to pass. I really like the tint job I got, but I kinda wish I had gone darker for the rear. 20% isn't even that dark and I have black interior. I feel a little embarrassed after bragging about how I was finally going to treat my car out to a nice rear tinting, and then could now make out with my girl friend in the back of the car privately. After the tint, she was like, are you sure you got your windows tinted? :doh::(

In my experience with the 20% rear tint, vision got better during the day because it reduced the glare that the sun was causing reflecting off the interior. At night, it is slightly darker, but definitely still able to identify everything well. In fact, I feel like it helps me focus on the important things while driving.
Damn, if it didn't get the GF seal of approval...

ext_katie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T Coupe

It'll get darker over the next 72 hours as it cures also.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got pulled over today because of my tint. Then the gorgeous female cop insisted on doing a strip search to be thorough. After that she tried to get me for having an illegal concealed weapon. She new she wouldn't have been able to hold me after she had tampered with the evidence though, so she let me go with a stern warning.

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag
The only way you'll get hassled is if you get that one cop that is going through a nasty divorce and just hates the world or something.

Or if you live in Virginia. ;)
Noooooooo don't jinx me!!!! VA cops are...nevermind, one might be reading this!

Pearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CivicT
I got pulled over today because of my tint. Then the gorgeous female cop insisted on doing a strip search to be thorough. After that she tried to get me for having an illegal concealed weapon. She new she wouldn't have been able to hold me after she had tampered with the evidence though, so she let me go with a stern warning.
Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone get pulled over for front window tint? IMG_8717_zps45a19060