Anyone get pulled over for front window tint?

Elvis 66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic 2015 mustang. 2001 tundra..1997 4runner..1972 chevelle 1966 Lemans
The only time I've ever had an officer say anything about my tint was 22 years ago on an old mustang with 5% all around. But I had got pulled over for something else and he just told me to get it removed, didn't give me a ticket for it. I still got the other ticket though. :mad:
Hmmm I wonder if it was speeding;)
Sponsored

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmm I wonder if it was speeding;)
Nope. It was an older mustang, and the headlight switch shorted and my headlights blinked just as I was passing him. No joke. The one time the switch faltered just happened to be when I was passing a cop. I got an inattentive driving ticket for that. Total BS. I got a new switch the next day, and we beat the ticket, but still.

Last edited:

3HondaLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Fortunately, I have not. The tint is really useful especially in these 100+ degree days we keep having in So Cal. I hope I do not ever get pulled over for it as it really makes a difference in driving comfort. It's a bonus that it happens to look cool.

JAY_Z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Ex-T
I have 15% all around and a visor on the front window, nothing yet but only time will tell.

baleskyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Have had multiple cars previous to my current civic, all with same tint setup (35% fronts, 15% rears) while living basically everywhere in CA: Bay Area to LA, OC, SD, and never had any issue. Although maybe I have been lucky as I have yet to get a speeding ticket ever (and I do at least 80mph on the 15 between SD and IE every week).

mugenx78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Not yet. Have 35% in the front, 5% rear side windows and 20% in the back.
unnamed (1).jpg
I also have ceramic tint in my front windshield. I live in OC and have never been pulled over. I've even sat next to an officer and he didn't even notice

Streetkid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura integra
Country flag
I got pulled over in my Ford Ranger somewhere around 2010 and got a window tint ticket. I was merging onto the freeway like an a-hole and she pulled me over - never commented on my driving as I was never actually speeding, she went straight to the tint and wrote me up.

On my next car that I got tinted the tint shop said keep it under 80 and i'll be fine, never had any issues in the 5 years of driving that Integra with 20% all the way around. Don't go to far over the speed limit and don't drive aggressively and you'll most likely never get pulled over for window tint.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I was considering getting tint for my civic, but I think I'll pass. The California law states that the fronts cannot have anything which is easy to tell if you do. Plus if you are "just going to pay the ticket" your cost isn't just the ticket, it's your insurance premium going up as well.

Plus I've taken off tint before and it's a nightmare. If you have to take it off you better be 100% careful with the defroster grid or else you will destroy it. If I get some it'll be 40 or 50% where it's negligible.

I used to have that drug dealer 5% limo tint before and it looks great, but I was sick of getting haggled for it.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I didn't know there were defrosting grids on the driver and front passenger windows.
There are not. I misspoke. In CA the back a can be whatever and the front nothing so the rear would not need removing.

In my previous state 35% all around was legal so the 5% on the back windshield had to be removed. CA it would not. I had to be very careful taking off the back and it took off some grid anyways.

Either way I'm not inclined myself plus I'm ocd so if I see lint or whatever under the flim I know it will bother me

romeovertome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 1997 Acura Integra
Vehicle Showcase
I have 20% front and passenger, and 5% rear. Have had no problems. But I do want to tint the front windshield, considering how hot it gets in the summer. Anyone have their windshield tinted at least a bit?
Sponsored