Anyone get pulled over for front window tint?

logan

New Civic Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CIVIC EX-T
I really want to tint my two front windows with at least 50% but am worried I will get pulled over possibly. I see a hell of a lot of people do it but I feel like doing so puts you at risk if the cop decides to pull you over. And this may affect certain groups of people depending on which stereotype you fit. Some can afford to get away easier but the cops may be looking for a reason to pull other types over.

Has anyone in California gotten pulled over and did you get a ticket. Did you have to pay for it to be removed? What is your race if you don't mind me asking?
Sponsored

mugenx78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
I have light ceramic tint (70% sunlight) all around with (98% sunlight) ceramic tint on my front windshield. Cops don't really stare at my car.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only time I've ever had an officer say anything about my tint was 22 years ago on an old mustang with 5% all around. But I had got pulled over for something else and he just told me to get it removed, didn't give me a ticket for it. I still got the other ticket though. :mad:

mugenx78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
I just got mine done today, 20% all around.

Time for me to turn the music down, take the hoodie off, and wear a suit at all times...
Yup I agree, I wear business casual for work all the time. I've even had cops right next to me and they don't even look. With tiny on the front windshield you can tell but I guess they don't really care since I look like a regular joe haha

Pearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CivicT
If cops pull you over for window tint, start calling your city council or county commissioner about cutting their excess budget because obviously they have more money than needed when other departments could better use it.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If cops pull you over for window tint, start calling your city council or county commissioner about cutting their excess budget.
Good point. And there's such a drug problem out here, the least of their worries should be a guy on the straight-and-narrow with tints.

spnewera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Black
I've never actually heard of someone getting pulled over explicitly for their tint. However, because I don't like risking legal issues, I decided to go with the ol' 35% front (legal) and 15% back. I'd say the peace of mind is worth sacrificing the coolness factor.

dgarcia619

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
I live in San Diego and I have 20% on my fronts. So many people have their windows tinted here that I honestly think cops don't care anymore. Many places who tint usually offer to remove it for free if you get pulled over. I work for the courts and I've talked to a bunch of cops about it and they usually tell me if they can at least see you inside from the fronts, you're fine. If you do get pulled over its a fix it ticket. Get em removed, show the ticket to the cop and get it signed off, pay the $25 transaction fee to the court and move on with life.

OP
OP
logan

logan

New Civic Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CIVIC EX-T
I've never actually heard of someone getting pulled over explicitly for their tint. However, because I don't like risking legal issues, I decided to go with the ol' 35% front (legal) and 15% back. I'd say the peace of mind is worth sacrificing the coolness factor.
35% front is not legal at all? did you do 35% onto of the already 70% or you actually had them calculate it to be 35%. I actually really want to get 35% on my two fronts and go darker as I move to the rear, to get a fading effect.

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
me from ca, i got pulled over and ticketed for tint on the front driver and passenger windows. why did i get pulled over, easy i had my window cracked so it was easy to see it was a non factory tint, that and money gurbbing chp.
note this was several years ago in a 2006 corolla. in ca or at least at the time it was a no no to apply a film to the windshield and or any window in front of or to the side of the driver. now i actually don't like windows tinted with a film, it just seems harder to see out em'.

Mr. Milo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone get pulled over for front window tint? ima
20% on front and 5% on rear. I see it all the time on cars, so hope I don't need to ever have to remove it.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
image.jpeg
20% on front and 5% on rear. I see it all the time on cars, so hope I don't need to ever have to remove it.
The only way you'll get hassled is if you get that one cop that is going through a nasty divorce and just hates the world or something.

Or if you live in Virginia. ;)

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The only way you'll get hassled is if you get that one cop that is going through a nasty divorce and just hates the world or something.

Or if you live in Virginia. ;)
Yeah, if you get this guy pulling you over, you're probably getting shot.

Sponsored