Anyone from OHIO

NightTrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone in the Cleveland area have the eibach pro kit installed on their Si? Installer recommendation?
Sponsored

1.5T_174

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T CVT w/Sensing
Country flag
Columbus, OH area

Question related to dealerships around this area
My AC is not blowing cold air, I have extended 10 year warranty on condenser, and need to take car to dealership
Has anyone done this activity? Did dealer honor the warranty?

Jmillerohio

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R Champion White
Country flag
Columbus, OH area

My AC is not blowing cold air, I have extended 10 year warranty on condenser, and need to take car to dealership
There is a warranty extension on the A/C for Honda Civics currently so you shouldnt need to use your extended warranty at all. Honda knows this is an issue. I work for a local Honda dealer and get this multiple times a day. All you have to do is call your local Honda dealer, schedule an appointment and they can look at the condenser for black oil spots which is where the condenser rotted allowing the freon to leak out. Bad part is the condensers are currently on a national back order and may be a while before they become available. Repair generally takes around 2 hrs and should not cost you anything assuming the condenser is the issue. Any other questions let me know. Good luck.

Wasperator

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport, 2014 Honda CR-V, 2007 Toyota Yaris
Country flag
Near Springfield Oh. My brother and stepfather retired from Honda.

JackOfAllBlades

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport 2.0L 6MT Lunar Silver Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not quite, but in SE Indiana near the IN, KY, OH tri-state area.

1.5T_174

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There is a warranty extension on the A/C for Honda Civics currently so you shouldnt need to use your extended warranty at all. Honda knows this is an issue. I work for a local Honda dealer and get this multiple times a day. All you have to do is call your local Honda dealer, schedule an appointment and they can look at the condenser for black oil spots which is where the condenser rotted allowing the freon to leak out. Bad part is the condensers are currently on a national back order and may be a while before they become available. Repair generally takes around 2 hrs and should not cost you anything assuming the condenser is the issue. Any other questions let me know. Good luck.
Thanks for a quick reply.
Is the warranty extended for entire AC system or just the condenser?
I am not sure if the problem is with condenser or something else, and dealerships are saying diagnostic fees itself would be $150 to $400
For 3.5 year old Honda having just 25,000 miles, which was bought brand new, this kind of expense is unacceptable

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe
Country flag
If anyone in the Cleveland area is looking for some wheel/tires I’m selling mine. Let me know if your interested.

Wheels: Konig Oversteer 18x8 +35, Gloss Black

Tires (stock): Goodyear Eagle Sport A/S, 235/40/18

54528408-7B26-4990-A9DD-77B9EDC9AFEC.jpeg

451724FE-E40B-413B-8537-E85FB7B8F959.jpeg

2E5D9019-60F7-4484-9838-4A138EAE8CA0.jpeg

067BD3F0-997E-43CF-B433-1729B7415724.jpeg

985A2412-C1A1-4E5D-9866-FECD9B31409F.jpeg

73C81E08-C574-4C7B-B897-C8D805EB8ACB.jpeg
Hey man do you still have these by any chance?

1.5T_174

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you for your advise.
I visited dealership with warranty extension letter
They found the leak in condenser, replaced it with new one, recharged the system, and the car started blowing cold air
It took about 1.5 hours from start to finish, no cost to me, everything covered in warranty
Unbelievable experience...

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I’m in Columbus looking for someone to install my Eibach pro kit, does anyone have a recommendation for an installer in the area please, thanks!

samguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Columbus, OH area

Hope your dealer isn't Hugh White. They suck.