BuiltForSpeed

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Anyone here daily driving their FK8 in the winter? How's snow clearance ? I'm moving to Bemidji and trying to avoid having to get a truck or SUV.
I drove mine this past winter and had no issue. You will need to run winter tires. I would also recommend a good set of floor liners to capture the snow and slush. I went with Husky liners, which have worked out great for me. I also installed Rally Armor mud flaps which helped keep the crap off the rockers and fenders. My only other suggestion is wash it frequently. I washed mine both by hand to get underneath it and inside the wheel wells and use a local touchless when I didn't have the time to do it by hand.
Sponsored

ac253189

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GS F
Country flag
I drove mine this past winter and had no issue. You will need to run winter tires. I would also recommend a good set of floor liners to capture the snow and slush. I went with Husky liners, which have worked out great for me. I also installed Rally Armor mud flaps which helped keep the crap off the rockers and fenders. My only other suggestion is wash it frequently. I washed mine both by hand to get underneath it and inside the wheel wells and use a local touchless when I didn't have the time to do it by hand.
Thanks! What part of MN are you in?

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Chevy C10 custom deluxe, 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited, 2019 Honda Civic Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can’t comment on the FK8, but I bought my car from Walser and I’ve been there a couple times and they’ve been very nice to me. I even set an envelope on the hood to get something from my pocket to show the Ass. manager and he got mad at me. Lol

He said ”Don’t set anything on the paint, I’ll hold it.” I thought it was funny, but he was kidding and he’s really nice.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
I can’t comment on the FK8, but I bought my car from Walser and I’ve been there a couple times and they’ve been very nice to me. I even set an envelope on the hood to get something from my pocket to show the Ass. manager and he got mad at me. Lol

He said ”Don’t set anything on the paint, I’ll hold it.” I thought it was funny, but he was kidding and he’s really nice.
Yes, i think Walser Honda has a pretty good shop and a good waiting louge too. But last time i was there, the service rep told that he didn't see many fk8 in the shop so they had limited experience with them. It was about a year ago and i certainly hope that has changed.

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Chevy C10 custom deluxe, 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited, 2019 Honda Civic Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well first you have to think about how many are in the twin cities. Then how many might be brought to Walser. Not many I’m guessing. But it’s a car, a Honda and they work on Honda’s. Now if you were to bring in a Saab or a BMW, then I’d question their ability to do it right. I’m not saying they can’t do it, but it might be harder because of their training. I think you’d have better luck at a Honda dealership than a joes garage. Even if they’re known for tuning and performance builds, you don’t know if they’ve ever worked on a car like yours.

BuiltForSpeed

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I bought my FK8 from Tom Kadlec Honda in Rochester, MN and had my first oil change at Inver Grove Honda. The experience at both was fine. I see I'll have to take it in for the fuel pump recall. I'll probably go back to Inver Grove Honda.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
I bought my FK8 from Tom Kadlec Honda in Rochester, MN and had my first oil change at Inver Grove Honda. The experience at both was fine. I see I'll have to take it in for the fuel pump recall. I'll probably go back to Inver Grove Honda.
Inver Grove was where I got my fk8 from, MSRP straight deal, I really appreciated it. I never brought mine back for their complementary oil change though, because they are too far away from me.

When will you bring yours in for the recall? Please post back your experience and job quality once you do.

BuiltForSpeed

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Inver Grove was where I got my fk8 from, MSRP straight deal, I really appreciated it. I never brought mine back for their complementary oil change though, because they are too far away from me.

When will you bring yours in for the recall? Please post back your experience and job quality once you do.
I haven't received the official recall notification. Just read about the recall in the news. Sounds like the notifications will be delivered next month.

What year and color is your FK8? Have you done any mods?

Mine is basically stock. I added mud flags immediately after purchasing. I installed a Honda Homelink module this past winter. I really like the Homelink, since it looks totally stock (it is sort of) and works great. I also bought and installed the Honda red leather shift knob., but I preferred the original so removed it. I also installed/wired my Valentine One immediately after getting it home.. My next project is to paint correct, polish and ceramic coat it.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
I haven't received the official recall notification. Just read about the recall in the news. Sounds like the notifications will be delivered next month.

What year and color is your FK8? Have you done any mods?

Mine is basically stock. I added mud flags immediately after purchasing. I installed a Honda Homelink module this past winter. I really like the Homelink, since it looks totally stock (it is sort of) and works great. I also bought and installed the Honda red leather shift knob., but I preferred the original so removed it. I also installed/wired my Valentine One immediately after getting it home.. My next project is to paint correct, polish and ceramic coat it.
Mine is 2018 CW and I have installed Mishimoto oil catch can, Rally mud flaps and JB4. I always want to install a RV6 catless dp but I am too scared of the chances of error codes though.

BuiltForSpeed

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
How difficult was the install of the Mishimoto oil catch can? I'm reluctant to do any engine mods at this time so I don't void the warranty (beyond the catch can). I would also like to install Acuity's pedal spacer. The auto-rev matching works great, but I still enjoy heel-toeing.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
How difficult was the install of the Mishimoto oil catch can? I'm reluctant to do any engine mods at this time so I don't void the warranty (beyond the catch can). I would also like to install Acuity's pedal spacer. The auto-rev matching works great, but I still enjoy heel-toeing.
catch can installation is easy and i also have the spacer too, forgot about it hehe. They both are good product. jb4 is also good n easy to install n remove as needed. On top of a bit of power gaining, JB4 allows you to log and view vital data, such afe, ita temp, tran temp, etc. and also to view and reset codes too. I love it!

Last edited:

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
For FK8 owners, which shop do you take yours to for works? Quality of work 1 to 10?
Depends on what kind of work. Recall and service bulletins? Then the dealer is the only place qualified to do the work.

Personally I try to do everything myself, so I know that everything was installed correctly.

Just to give you an idea, our 2017 CRV received an oil change from Inver Grove Honda and the technician didn't install the aluminum undertray properly. Keep in mind this is a CRV, one of their most common cars they service. It caught wind and was hanging about 3" all manged up. It's these little things like a not installing an undertray properly and you end up wasting more time than you initially anticipated.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Depends on what kind of work. Recall and service bulletins? Then the dealer is the only place qualified to do the work.

Personally I try to do everything myself, so I know that everything was installed correctly.

Just to give you an idea, our 2017 CRV received an oil change from Inver Grove Honda and the technician didn't install the aluminum undertray properly. Keep in mind this is a CRV, one of their most common cars they service. It caught wind and was hanging about 3" all manged up. It's these little things like a not installing an undertray properly and you end up wasting more time than you initially anticipated.
oh yeah, i have heard worse, years ago my friends brand new Mercede SUV for first oil change at Freeman, and he came from St Cloud. by the time he got back home after service, he found that they didnt put back the oil cap, and there was oil splaashing everywhere.
Sponsored