NeemEss

First Name
Neven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si (sedan)
Country flag
I'm having the same issue. At first I thought there was something in the trunk or it was ice coming loose, but I've ruled out those possibilities. I'm going to blame commuting on the roads of St.Chicago everyday to work.

As an update, I went to the dealership yesterday. I am not sure if I got fleeced or not, still all very new to me.

I went to change my oil and to have them check out my rear clunking. When they(Inver Grove Honda) called me back, they said on paper, they will say the performed some service on the Shocks and added foam. When I look at the invoice again, I'll give more details. However, what actually happened was my rear seat was not fully latched after I had it down one day. They said they needed to mark it differently so I wouldn't get charge to the diagnosis. Seems a bit fishy to me.

The noise seems to be much better now, but I still seem to hear more than normal noise. Unsure if I am just over sensitive to it now or now.

Anyway, for a spring meet, we could find a local spot to meet and then do a small ride or circuit around a highway.
Sponsored

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Hi, Guys. I really want to take a good drive around to kill some time, but I can't find a good scenic drive here in Mpls.

I would like a good drive around with lake, river or skyline views, but I just don't know of any around here. Anyone has good suggestion? I am from Savage area, so I prefer the south side of the city as i am trying to stay away from 35W which is horrible with pot holes around the city area.

Thawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type R
Country flag
Hi, Guys. I really want to take a good drive around to kill some time, but I can't find a good scenic drive here in Mpls.

I would like a good drive around with lake, river or skyline views, but I just don't know of any around here. Anyone has good suggestion? I am from Savage area, so I prefer the south side of the city as i am trying to stay away from 35W which is horrible with pot holes around the city area.
Head east to Hastings and work your way up & down the river roads. Some fantastic roads between Stillwater, Afton & Prescott - from Prescott you can either head up toward afton/stillwater or go further down 35 on the WI side down to Red Wing.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Head east to Hastings and work your way up & down the river roads. Some fantastic roads between Stillwater, Afton & Prescott - from Prescott you can either head up toward afton/stillwater or go further down 35 on the WI side down to Red Wing.
Thanks, where are the river roads in Hasting? Sounds very interesting...

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Chevy C10 custom deluxe, 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited, 2019 Honda Civic Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Look for the highway that follows the Mississippi River. The towns mentioned will be along that route. We took that once coming home from Wisconsin.

BuiltForSpeed

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I would second what the others have stated about taking Highway 35 along the Wisconsin side of the Mississippi. In my opinion the WI side is generally nicer to drive than the MN side. There are plenty of fun roads when you head up the bluffs away from the river (still on the WI side). If you make it down to Pepin, WI then take County Rd N north. Off of N, take SS, CC, U, A. Highway 10 west out of Plum City is nice, but not as much fun as the smaller county roads. The nice thing about the county roads is that they are lightly traveled and usually in good shape. County Rd P south out of Elmood is a fun road and recently repaved. Another favorite of mine is 128 & B between Elmood and Spring Valley. 128 is recently repaved, but B is a little rough in places, but passable. Take a map with you or download Google maps for offline use. If you have more time, there some great bluff roads south of Durand, to Mondovi, Alma. If you want to get back to the Cities a little quicker, then cross over to the MN side and come up Highway 61 (fewer towns to slow you down). Enjoy!

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I personally enjoy driving out towards Prescott. There's a bit of scenery and I get to come back with spotted cow and cheese curds.

cone_klr

First Name
glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 lx hatchback 6mt..... 1999 audi a4 1.8t quattro
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
now that proving grounds is cancelled(ill still be going up for friday auto x).. whos up for a cruise next weekend? meet in roch and hit some nice roads out to lake city up to red wing and back throw a lunch stop in.

ac253189

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GS F
Country flag
Anyone here daily driving their FK8 in the winter? How's snow clearance ? I'm moving to Bemidji and trying to avoid having to get a truck or SUV.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Anyone here daily driving their FK8 in the winter? How's snow clearance ? I'm moving to Bemidji and trying to avoid having to get a truck or SUV.
i dont and i would say the clearance is not that much with the splitter, since it would hit my rhino ramps with stock 20" wheels. So, itd be less with snow tire set. Good luck and hope you enjoy ur fk8 - its fun!

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any reason you don’t want to/can’t get a winter beater?

ac253189

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GS F
Country flag
The idea behind picking up the FK8 was to use it as a daily during winter and also at track. Thought maybe I could get away with driving one in the winter with the FWD and good winter tires, but wasn't sure how snow clearance would be. During nonwinter months I would drive my current ride, a GS F. The GS F would be a horrible winter option because it's lowered. Unfortunately three cars is not an option, says my fiance, lol... if it was up to me on the other hand.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh boy lol. Almost everyone I know with an R up here uses them as their summer cars so good luck lol