Anyone from Minnesota?

Exeon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatchback
Country flag
Anyone here from Minnesota? I am from the St. Louis Park area.

I used to own a FA5 (si sedan) then went to BMW E90 then Acura TLX. Now I am looking to coming back to Honda with Type R.
Sponsored

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm in the twin cities area :)

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
to anyone in the twin cities with a 2016 or newer CIVIC COUPE who would like a free pair of OEM Side Skirts (White Orchid Pearl) let me know. I bought the accessory ones so I have no need for the OEM ones. They are in stellar condition as they were only on the car for like 350 miles.

I'm not sure if they the sedan or hatchback. But if you want them, you can put claim to them but I'm not going to ship them (cost too much due to length).

Thawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type R
Country flag
More recent to the party, but I'm a Minneapolis owner (Blue Type R)

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
2018 CW here.....well, not quite, but soon will be ;-)

Couple quick questions:
1) Which is the best local shop you bring your to for anything...body, tuning, custom mods, etc.?
2) Anyone running 18" with all season here? How's the car handling the winter here?

Ramone179

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic HB sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Handles no problem...with winter tires! I went with altimax artic12 (235/45/18’s) for the rubber and they were amazing. Pretty good in cold but really shines in actual snow. And I switched from an AWD to the Civic in mid winter knowing that wasn’t my best choice but, no sweat! Also, they’re currently for sale in the minneapolis area.
And, their are no shortage of tuners up there. MAPerfomance just picked up the civic platform, I’d be watching them closely!

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone from Minnesota? F468FB3B-38D1-48BB-BFBB-3E3021A92722

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone from Minnesota? AD620034-D5B9-4AB9-B7DC-1D7FD71D9A6D

Ramone179

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic HB sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2018 CW here.....well, not quite, but soon will be ;-)

Couple quick questions:
1) Which is the best local shop you bring your to for anything...body, tuning, custom mods, etc.?
2) Anyone running 18" with all season here? How's the car handling the winter here?
☝

Thawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type R
Country flag
Yeah I got a set of sparcos with Continental rubber for the winter (size 18s) and it was great last year.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Thanks for the info, guys. So, how many of you are running the stock rims on DD? And any bad experience with potholes since there are more of them than lakes in MN here. :-(

I have had good experience with MAPerformance, and Chris over there rocks! I would think RSMotor used to do a lot of Honda too, but not so sure if they still do though.

How about Tinting, guys? Where do you have your tint? And what's your settings for the front and back? I always use "Tint Pro" for all of my cars, so I might go back to them.

As you can tell, I haven't got my CTR yet but I am already so pumped about it!! Someone please calms me down....hehe.

Thawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type R
Country flag
I run on the stock wheels and haven't had a problem (one or two moments where I thought I would though)

I'm 50% tint front and rear. Took mine to MN Clearbra (I've had them do all my tint/clear bra stuff over the last 5 years). Bad thing is, to tint the rear glass you have to take the spoiler off. Not hard, but a bit of a pain.

Ramone179

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic HB sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well shit, I moved to Minneapolis from New Orleans. The Minneapolis streets Are basically paved in gold by comparison!
Sponsored