Anyone from Minnesota?

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Chevy C10 custom deluxe, 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited, 2019 Honda Civic Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wings and Wheels is the week after Labor Day weekend in Osceola Wisconsin. It’s a car, bike, and air show with a top speed radar run on the air strip after the air show is down.
Sponsored

MacKharoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2000,2017 hatch sport
Country flag
Whew, a bunch.

Finished cosmetic mods: LED headlights, sequential smoked LED taillights, smoked markers, tints (YELO Autosports), oem window visors (with full chrome delete from YELO Autosports), civic debadged, black chrome emblems, led honda fit dome light, probably some others.

Finished electronics mods: hardwired blendmounted blackvue dr900s cams, hardwired blendmounted uniden r3 radar detector, hardwired ktuner v2 (running slightly altered MAPerformance tune) with hardwired usb cable to passenger seat, seat rail mounted tablet with otg usb hookup to ktuner v2 usb cable, 12v line from battery (through the hood release cable grommet), Honda Hack, probably some others.

In progress mods:
- Hidden obd2 port splitter (pre-oem under dash port) - I found a CHEAP and slightly damaged OEM dash cable for a 2016 civic, I will cut and pigtail the odb2 port from that cable to a 3-way odb2 splitter and the original oem socket. This will make it look factory with a hidden set of 3+ odb2 devices.
- Lock and key switch for the exposed odb2 port's power pin.
- 9 led toggle bat style switches down the left of my drivers side lower dash (with custom harness! for easy disconnects) - these will switch power on/off to 3x accessories (dash cams, radar detector, etc), 3x odb2 devices (ktuner, carloop, etc), 3x relays (relay 1 for accessories, the 2 others for higher amperage devices).
- Breakout 6 switch box mounted to the center console in the passenger footwell pulling power from relay 2 (3x low amp circuits for a raspberry pi + usb hub in the glove compartment, 3x high amp circuits for future expansions - sub amp, light strip, etc).
- Hardwired usb ports in sub center console near the cigarette lighter (1 for the ktuner usb cable, the other for the glove box raspberry pi cable).
- 2x usb power ports in the sub center console for the tablet and its hub.
- 2x usb power ports in the rear of the center console for back seat passengers to charge devices.
- Center console blank LED button for alert flashing from and muting to my Uniden R3.
- And of course fuses and the lot for all that above.

Planned but not started: rear reflector LEDs with brakes + flasher support, LED fog lights with halos, fuel pump cutoff switch, sub amp, led strip in trunk. Probably others, but afraid to think about it until my current work is done.

I have been taking meticulous pictures and notes of the whole electronics mods. I plan to make a long ass post soon detailing the process - I got to finish them first :)

20190504_192816.jpg

20190504_172412.jpg

20190414_183609.jpg
Super cool

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Super cool
Thanks bunches! It has been a labor of love... many of the in progress and planned mods above have been completed... some got blocked by temporary problems or life time constraints.

This weekend I plan to install my programmable third brake light flasher and my new led smoked side markers if time permits.

Anyways, I love my si and the civic platform overall is hyper friendly to new car folk and mods.

I always appreciate the kinds words and appreciation. I was at the dealer yesterday and one of their clients described my car as "all murdered out". Made me smile :)

Last edited:

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wings and Wheels is the week after Labor Day weekend in Osceola Wisconsin. It’s a car, bike, and air show with a top speed radar run on the air strip after the air show is down.
Ah, sounds fun. Though I guess I am more interested in something less formal, like beer in a park while chatting with other civic heads.

MacKharoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2000,2017 hatch sport
Country flag
Thanks bunches! It has been a labor of love... many of the in progress and planned mods above have been completed... some got blocked by temporary problems or life time constraints.

This weekend I plan to install my programmable third brake light flasher and my new led smoked side markers if time permits.

Anyways, I love my si and the civic platform overall is hyper friendly to new car folk and mods.

I always appreciate the kinds words and appreciation. I was at the dealer yesterday and one of their clients described my car as "all murdered out". Made me smile :)
Haha murdered out nice. yeah I was at Brainerd on the weekend to see how fast my car go in a 1/4 mile. I got 14.6 seconds. I need to invest some slicks. Car keep hopping and I got scared to do full throttle

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haha murdered out nice. yeah I was at Brainerd on the weekend to see how fast my car go in a 1/4 mile. I got 14.6 seconds. I need to invest some slicks. Car keep hopping and I got scared to do full throttle
I have never tracked my car. I figured once I get new tires next year and start working on horsepower then it is track time.

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Chevy C10 custom deluxe, 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited, 2019 Honda Civic Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ah, sounds fun. Though I guess I am more interested in something less formal, like beer in a park while chatting with other civic heads.
I understand what ya mean, but it isn’t anywhere’s near formal. Just a lot of car buffs showing off their cars.

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I understand what ya mean, but it isn’t anywhere’s near formal. Just a lot of car buffs showing off their cars.
Fair. I guess I am just intimidated. Never been to something like that and I am a baby car nerd. I have been to one track day years ago with a friend and it was a horrible experience. I guess I need to get thicker skin, maybe attend with my girlfriend as she is a grade A badass.

When is the next meet? Is the MN car enthusiast club a good group?

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
hi, any recommendations on local shops that are good at powder coating wheels? for wheels, is powder coating still the best option nowadays?

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
hi, any recommendations on local shops that are good at powder coating wheels? for wheels, is powder coating still the best option nowadays?
Look up Auto Trimmers in St. Paul. Next to them is a place that does tires. I only know they’re there, don’t know of them though, but it’s a start.

Mthao22

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi,
Just moved to the Twin Cities, living in the Bloomington Area! Heres my '19 Si, only mods is Ktuner with MAP stage 1 tune.

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone from Minnesota? 20190714_121903

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How do you like MAP’s tune?

Bucker88

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Acura RDX
Country flag
I just bought my Type R a week and a half ago. Live near Northfield. I've only seen one Type R in the wild. It's red and saw it both time in Eagan.

Hope to meet y'all soon!!
Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone from Minnesota? EFFECTS
Sponsored