Anyone from Michigan?

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
We need to all get together for a beer one Saturday. :beer:
Sounds do-able. Preferably after one of us gets a Hondata tune or an intake so that the others can check it out! I'm waiting on some real world results before biting the bullet.

OP
OP
Hondadude88

Hondadude88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Sounds do-able. Preferably after one of us gets a Hondata tune or an intake so that the others can check it out! I'm waiting on some real world results before biting the bullet.
Haha. Right. Curious on some preformence mods. The car is pretty peppy stock but curious what can be done. A nice dual exhaust would be nice. I have been contemplating the intake. But does it actually produce the "gains" they quote? Shit I just started putting premium in her and I swear its made her more responsive. Might just be the "placebo" effect lol. The tune is slightly scary IMO. The tune is extremely tempting but I really don't want to have any issues with it and void the warranty. Especially since I bought the extended bumper to bumper. :dunno:

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
I too am skeptical about the intakes. On the vast majority of cars an intake adds 2-3 hp at best. There are some cars who get a bigger benefit though, my 7th gen Accord 6-speed gained a legit 12 peak HP at the wheels and more across a lot of the rev range. I didn't believe Injen on that one either until repeated dyno's of user rides confirmed it. Computer tunes though for a turbo model usually work wonders. I have had tuned 1.8t and 2.7t Audis, and it transforms the car, shaving a full second off the 0-60 and 1/4 mile with an extra 5mph of trap speed. I have friends with tuned Diesels, Ecoboosts, Subaru's, Mazdaspeeds, and BMW's and none of them has ever had a real problem linked to the tune. The only reason that I am sitting out the Hondata tune is to see if they went too mild and there is a stronger tune on the horizon. I am not worried about the reliability in the least because I will probably only dip into the boost a few times a week. I would be more worried if I was using it constantly, but still in my experience there is little to worry about.

OP
OP
Hondadude88

Hondadude88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I too am skeptical about the intakes. On the vast majority of cars an intake adds 2-3 hp at best. There are some cars who get a bigger benefit though, my 7th gen Accord 6-speed gained a legit 12 peak HP at the wheels and more across a lot of the rev range. I didn't believe Injen on that one either until repeated dyno's of user rides confirmed it. Computer tunes though for a turbo model usually work wonders. I have had tuned 1.8t and 2.7t Audis, and it transforms the car, shaving a full second off the 0-60 and 1/4 mile with an extra 5mph of trap speed. I have friends with tuned Diesels, Ecoboosts, Subaru's, Mazdaspeeds, and BMW's and none of them has ever had a real problem linked to the tune. The only reason that I am sitting out the Hondata tune is to see if they went too mild and there is a stronger tune on the horizon. I am not worried about the reliability in the least because I will probably only dip into the boost a few times a week. I would be more worried if I was using it constantly, but still in my experience there is little to worry about.
I don't think an intake is really gonna help a car produce more power coming from a 1.5liter. In other applications sure, but i'm pretty sure you wouldn't know the difference if you had one or not. Now as for the tune, that could produce some significant gains, but i'm with you on this one. Wait and see what comes out in the future and if there is a better option. Hondata is very reputable tho. Guess this is what we get for buying a first year model where there are few to any performance upgrades.