Anyone find good armrest and center console covers?

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
I don’t recommend the tape and tuck ones. Tried one from eBay.
Thanks, I will take them out of my ebay watch list!

What about just going and getting the leather pieces from a fabric store? Would it be weird to stretch it like the cloth pieces are, or do they need to stitching?
Sponsored

ck42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Sport MT
Country flag

bmaf55

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
The aftermarket replacements never seem to fit. So I just got a brand new XL black microfiber towel and layed it over with the excess hanging down on either side so the wind doesn’t get under it with windows down. Looks fine honestly and doesn’t move around. Most importantly, it’s keeps armrest clean and fresh!! Just an idea or a temporary one for those looking to replace soon

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
Thanks, I will take them out of my ebay watch list!

What about just going and getting the leather pieces from a fabric store? Would it be weird to stretch it like the cloth pieces are, or do they need to stitching?
Chinese Ebay items have been a mixed experience for me. Got some awesome pillar overlays for $13, and shift knob cover for $6. The center piece leather was a very frustrating 2 hours, and I'm not willing to remove the original fabric. Decided to keep the fabric and use upholstery cleaner occasionally.

sdj544

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Do these part numbers fit HBs? (wanting to do this with my Sport)
Sedan is the same but looks like when you pick “5 door” it’s a different number and more expensive:
https://www.oempartsource.com/auto-...iable-engine/interior-bumper-cat/console-scat

Now that these have been out long enough you could probably go the salvage route and find some used ones.

Does anyone have pics of these EX-L pieces installed in an Si?
I’m not home but I can post pics next weekend when I am, but they’re isn’t really anything to see. They look the way they should’ve to begin with.

Pros: comfort, looks and not getting dead skin flakes all over.
Cons: Having to exfoliate my elbows

sdj544

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Have you installed these yet? Mostly interested in the door armrest pieces as I have a pad I used in my 2015 Fit that I am using in the civic. My door arm rests are getting white from my arms!

Are the door pieces easy to install? Does it require taking the door panel off?
Yes. You just need to have a plastic pry set. ($10 on eBay or from harbor freight.). Think it took me 45 minutes for both sides and I was going slow and cautious. There are numerous videos/guides showing what to do. Definitely want to watch because there are a couple tricky hidden screws you wouldn’t know about otherwise.

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

sdj544

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
those door armrests, are they something you need install over OEM already installed ones or those are complete swap pieces?
Complete swap. Take off door panel and I think there were like 3 Phillips head screws holding each one on.
-S

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Complete swap. Take off door panel and I think there were like 3 Phillips head screws holding each one on.
-S
do you know if they fit 4 door? their system says no, only couple

sdj544

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
do you know if they fit 4 door? their system says no, only couple
Looks like you have to order the whole door panel. ($175+ per door? Ouch!!!) Can’t just order the armrest. Strange. There’s a cover listed too but not sure what that’s referring to. Not having a sedan I don’t really know what to make of the diagrams. Hard to tell what’s what.

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chinese Ebay items have been a mixed experience for me. Got some awesome pillar overlays for $13, and shift knob cover for $6. The center piece leather was a very frustrating 2 hours, and I'm not willing to remove the original fabric. Decided to keep the fabric and use upholstery cleaner occasionally.
I saw that shift knob cover but couldn't tell how it went one....does it just have tape and sticks on? Are you talking about the exterior pillars?

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Looks like you have to order the whole door panel. ($175+ per door? Ouch!!!) Can’t just order the armrest. Strange. There’s a cover listed too but not sure what that’s referring to. Not having a sedan I don’t really know what to make of the diagrams. Hard to tell what’s what.
I found armrest, but for 4 door it priced at $190... meh, time to look for used set

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
I saw that shift knob cover but couldn't tell how it went one....does it just have tape and sticks on? Are you talking about the exterior pillars?
The shift knob cover slides on and you have to sew the front on, the red thread and needle is provided. It's not a lot of sewing, you just go back and forth a few times, like on a shoe lace. The exterior pillars...they're nice but took forever to get them, at least a month. They have protective film on top you peel off, and a 3m layer on the back.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PC-PLASTIC-WINDOW-PILLAR-POSTS-TRIM-COVER-MOLDING-6PCS-FOR-HONDA-CIVIC-2016-2018/372329503845?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Red-Gear-Shift-Knob-Head-Grip-Cover-Shell-Trim-Fit-For-Honda-Civic-2016-17/253688094611?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone find good armrest and center console covers? i3

View attachment 109459

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The shift knob cover slides on and you have to sew the front on, the red thread and needle is provided. It's not a lot of sewing, you just go back and forth a few times, like on a shoe lace. The exterior pillars...they're nice but took forever to get them, at least a month. They have protective film on top you peel off, and a 3m layer on the back.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PC-PLASTIC-WINDOW-PILLAR-POSTS-TRIM-COVER-MOLDING-6PCS-FOR-HONDA-CIVIC-2016-2018/372329503845?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Red-Gear-Shift-Knob-Head-Grip-Cover-Shell-Trim-Fit-For-Honda-Civic-2016-17/253688094611?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

i3.jpg

View attachment 109459
Looks nice! I may look into a sold black shifter knob color...that red might clash with cosmic blue exterior :)
Those outside panels, they just give it some shine?

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
Looks nice! I may look into a sold black shifter knob color...that red might clash with cosmic blue exterior :)
Those outside panels, they just give it some shine?
They are glossy black. Covers the matte pillars, which fade even more in the sun. Hopefully it'll protect whats underneath for a couple years.
Sponsored