Anyone feel slower after PRL HVI intake?

HoboKit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW FK8
Country flag
I felt that after installing prl hvi that my low rpm throttle response/torque is not as good with stock intake. I felt like the prl hvi losing power from the low end but higher rpm response felt better even after driving for a few months. Did anyone have the same feeling/issue ?
Sponsored

whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
I think thats a known characteristic of most aftermarket intakes. You lose low end but gain top end

Eugene_Fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Type R FK8, 2018 RX350 base
Country flag
You will lose low end with an bigger intake and bigger exhaust. It's just the trade off for the high end power.

it can be help with a valved exhaust that design to give back low end on daily or get smoother charge pipe to built that boost faster.

A tune is what you really need to get all your install parts to work perfect.

OP
OP

HoboKit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW FK8
Country flag
You will lose low end with an bigger intake and bigger exhaust. It's just the trade off for the high end power.

it can be help with a valved exhaust that design to give back low end on daily or get smoother charge pipe to built that boost faster.

A tune is what you really need to get all your install parts to work perfect.
My car only have PRL hvi ?

Eugene_Fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My car only have PRL hvi ?
wait, with just intake it doesn't sound right to lose low end power. check if there is any leak. As far as my experience and feedbacks from fk8 owners around me, Intake change will mostly change the sound but not the performance at all.

OP
OP

HoboKit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW FK8
Country flag
wait, with just intake it doesn't sound right to lose low end power. check if there is any leak. As far as my experience and feedbacks from fk8 owners around me, Intake change will mostly change the sound but not the performance at all.
I don’t know if it’s really losing power but felt like throttle response is not as quick / lack of pick up not sure if I’m explaining correctly haha

Eugene_Fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don’t know if it’s really losing power but felt like throttle response is not as quick / lack of pick up not sure if I’m explaining correctly haha
I'll definitely check the intake and see if there is anything untighten or loose. This happened to me when I replace intercooler and forget to put the o-ring in the groove. So even with a tune, I was having power leak until I see the problem when I install new charge pipe

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Not entirely true on the exhaust part thanks to our variable cams and VTEC. That’s the whole purpose of it, controlling exhaust back pressure for low end responsiveness and opening up up top for high end power. Bigger intake wouldn’t really make a difference either, it doesn’t make the engine less capable of pulling in air at a low RPM. It won’t make any difference at all at low RPM, positive or negative. Turbocharged engines are a different beast.

20ls01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RRRRRRR
Country flag
i only have a prl intake it and it does feel like low end torque isnt as good as stock, but very marginal.

juguuu

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP 21 Type R
Country flag
HVI is great and all but it is known that it results in a power loss unless you're getting a bigger turbo. A stage one should be plenty, you have options to build off, but an HVI is solely intended for what it is, a High-Volume-Intake, more air and sound.