Anyone experience back and neck pain in their 2017 Civic?

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i am much more concerned about my bad office chair, where i sit 8-9 hours/day, i wish it was as good as the civic seat...
This. Our $700 office chairs (what a ripoff...) cause more pain and shifting around than the Civic. I get into the Civic and for me, any aches go away. Quickly.
Sponsored

rapjunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX sedan
Country flag
I remedied the problem by adjusting the seat base to be quite a bit higher (it came set pretty low from the factory). It seems like that changed the angle of my back, and there's much less discomfort now.

OP
OP

vvrk33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring, 2003 Toyota Camry LE
Just an update to those who are experiencing something similar. The back cushion I bought on Amazon is just amazing. I no longer feel any discomfort or pain with my back and feel very supported. I am still trying out different neck pillows to help relieve my neck pain.

PolishedLX

Banned
Where were fighter jets to stop vegas shooting?
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
"50/50 kid" but on the "right side" of coin flip!
Vehicle(s)
The car that made all others obsolete, "doh, self-explanatory"
Country flag
Lol. Not at all, I used to get backpain like that in my S2000. Ugh hated that thing!
I used to have the same in the 2006 Accord V6, cloth and I have no idea why Civic X has been getting complaints. I have a problematic back too and not a peep from it with these seats.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have issue with my back to begin with so I can't say but when my boy got the Coupe last year driving it to Niagara Falls got uncomfortable.

What I can say is my Murano is so much better but I do have those back rolls on both vehicles.

HondasRun4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe
Country flag
Nope. In August drove my coupe from Ohio to Florida and back. Even slept in it twice along the way. No head/neck pain at all. And I'm 6-feet.

PolishedLX

Banned
Where were fighter jets to stop vegas shooting?
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
"50/50 kid" but on the "right side" of coin flip!
Vehicle(s)
The car that made all others obsolete, "doh, self-explanatory"
Country flag
Nope. In August drove my coupe from Ohio to Florida and back. Even slept in it twice along the way. No head/neck pain at all. And I'm 6-feet.
That's what I was thinking too that the coupe, sedan and hatch all work the same way, no physical pain and Mercedes like comfort.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I recently bought a new 2017 Civic Touring about three weeks back. I love the car. But I am experiencing unusual neck pain and back pain. I seem to be fine in my old Camry but the pain aggravates in my Civic. I have tried neck support pillows and lumbar and seat cushions but they only help a little. Though I love the car, I am considering trading it in just so I don't have to deal with the pain. But it kind of sucks to trade in a car with less than 1000 miles.

Did anyone else experience neck or back pain. If so what did you do to relieve the pain. Any products that you tried that helped relieve the pain.
Adjust the height and tilt. The awkward position a lot of people end up sitting in is because the headrest does not tilt. I came from.an old Camry, and that is the only thing I missed. It's not a little thing either, i knew how many clicks to adjust that headrest to reset it. No clicks in the civic.

BrusqBorder

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
The seats in the SI where way too tight for me and hurt my sides after a hour commute. This didn't reveal itself on the shorter test drive. I also was about to get rid of the car with less than 1000 miles due to uncomfortable seats but lucky for me the seats where easily fixed. I unzipped the seat cover and folded three bath towels per seat and stuffed them between the seat frame and seat foam which filled in the deep hole you sunk in and more importantly, angled the overly aggressive and tight side bolstering more on a 45 degree angle rather than the straight forward that they pointed. The seats are so much more comfortable with this easy mod. Feels like I have lumbar and upper back support and those side bolsters aren't causing me pain in my sides anymore. Total night and day difference.

What sucks with Honda is that you can't just buy the seats complete from another model in the lineup. You have to buy them piece by piece which would cost like $1300....YIKES! Thank god six bath towels and a few minutes (don't even have to remove the seats from the car) fixed mine to perfection. I can drive for hours in these seats now but stock they really hurt my sides (I'm not overweight or fat either - I'm Motocross fit)
I had a very hard time trying to get the seat cover off with enough room to fit anything like a towel in.

Does anyone know where to find instructions for removing the seat covers? (I did find the zippers in the back.)

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
I find the chairs really comfortable, much better then my old Cruze. In fact I have little to no neck or shoulder pain in this car. But that's probably because I use LKAS on my commute to and from work which means I don't really have to hold my hands up at 10 & 2 positions on the steering wheel haha. :)

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
The seats in the Type R are by far the most comfortable and supportive seats I’ve ever filled with my buttocks but the lumbar support is nonexistent. I’m thinking of reclining the seat more to cradle my back. Not sure if putting a lumbar pillow down there would misalign me with the bolsters.

akirarex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic
Country flag
I initially thought the Si seats were good, then I started noticing that the lumbar sucks, the seat cushion is too narrow to spread your legs apart comfortably. Try driving for a while with your left foot on the dead pedal and see if your left leg doesn't get numb or feel sore where the cushion bolster hits your leg. The whole seat feels like it's not sized to my size, and I'm 6 foot tall, it feels like it's scaled to a smaller person. The headrest height feels a little bit low for my head, and no adjustment. I wish I could put a different angle of tilt on the seat cushion as well. It all feels too narrow and locked into a position that doesn't feel good long term. I look at it now as the bolstering is a sales gimmick and it lacks all the healthy adjustments needed for a proper seat. If aftermarket seat companies had models that could support a side bolster air bag I would buy a Recaro or something like that.

cooperer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tesla model 3
Country flag
I recently bought a new 2017 Civic Touring about three weeks back. I love the car. But I am experiencing unusual neck pain and back pain. I seem to be fine in my old Camry but the pain aggravates in my Civic. I have tried neck support pillows and lumbar and seat cushions but they only help a little. Though I love the car, I am considering trading it in just so I don't have to deal with the pain. But it kind of sucks to trade in a car with less than 1000 miles.

Did anyone else experience neck or back pain. If so what did you do to relieve the pain. Any products that you tried that helped relieve the pain.
Rather than trading a new car, it is more beneficial for you to consult with a dealer about replacement seats. Have you adjusted your posture and the back and forth distance of the chair? It is the most fundamental solution to consciously adjust your back and neck while driving, to find a posture that will not make you feel uncomfortable and is conducive to driving a car. The best way to relieve pain is to stretch back and neck muscles and use neck heating pad products.
Sponsored