Anyone else tired of nervous passengers causing distractions?

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
My wife has pretty terrible motion sickness when she rides in cars so I have to take it easy if she finds herself in the R, or any car I've ever owned for that matter. It's part of the deal, and I'm fine with it. She drives us around 99% of the time and the tradeoff is she doesn't want to vomit after getting somewhere when doing that :)

My daughter on the other hand? She's the devil on my left shoulder... she'd have me sending it out of the school parking lot if she had her way!
My wife absolutely hates riding in my Type-R, which is a result I manufactured myself by scaring the shit out of her on a ramp the first time she rode in it.
Sponsored

ucf_bronco

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
My wife absolutely hates riding in my Type-R, which is a result I manufactured myself by scaring the shit out of her on a ramp the first time she rode in it.
LOL, same thing here! I took an on-ramp and exited it north of 70mph. She told me to never do that again with her in the car. Meanwhile, my two daughters were practically cheering in the backseat.

HondaFan2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag
LOL, same thing here! I took an on-ramp and exited it north of 70mph. She told me to never do that again with her in the car. Meanwhile, my two daughters were practically cheering in the backseat.
Same situation as this and the one from the OP. When I start to hear her whining and whimpering terrified I'm feeling like getting out of the car, letting her and the car there and going away. Because of this on the moment I question if I did the right thing flipping the Bimmer 4 series for the CTR. She hates the CTR because of that and does not want to drive it. I accelerated a few times on the highway ramp and few times on highway (in Germany :D) and she started grabbing all roof, handles and being terrified.

I did a few laps recently on Norschleife(Nurburgring) with a Mercedes AMG GT-R close to 600 hp, 700 nm, Michelin PS cup 2. Driven by a pro driver, I was on the passenger seat. That car is a beast pulled so hard like power seemed infinite. Tires gripped so well that were not even squeaking. You could feel them stretching on the asphalt. The track had so many elevation changes, inclines that it felt like a roller coaster multiplied by few times. On the uphills especially the G-s were so high (blood was going towards the legs) that I could barely figure what was happening with me. I felt like I was almost laying on the asphalt. But I liked it and would repeat the experience. I recommend to anyone(not having car sickness), one of the most beautiful, challenging tracks.
Coming back to the topic, that was a hard thing to bare, I can understand. But in comparison a CTR on public roads does not pull the same amount of G-s by far.

Thawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type R
Country flag
You sure you're a good driver ;) ? Seems like the common denominator in your story is you :p

tcozier1

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch LX
Country flag
I have the base hatchback with a few mods and god I love driving it. People always freak out if I hit a corner at speed or have a fit of lead foot syndrome. It may not be the fastest driver but there is no reason not to have fun with it.

EPICbg

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (RR), 2013 Chevy Volt
Country flag
I’d consider myself pretty conservative driving the CTR most the time, but we do have a lot of roundabouts and on ramps around here (which make for a good time in a car like the CTR :D). Usually if I have a passenger and I’m about to gun it or take a curve fast, I give them a heads up before we go in. Seems to help ‍:dunno:

tcozier1

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch LX
Country flag
I think I’m going to get one a sticker or something of one of those airline seat belt lights and put it on the passenger window. When you get in you know what you’re getting yourself into.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
I think I’m going to get one a sticker or something of one of those airline seat belt lights and put it on the passenger window. When you get in you know what you’re getting yourself into.
Just get this sticker on dash
Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone else tired of nervous passengers causing distractions? Car-Rules-Sit-Down-Shut-Up-Hold-On-Decal-Sticker

Drew03

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Sonic Gray Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Drove my mom for the first time this weekend. She was a good sport and saved all comments other than “Oh shit!” till the end of my spirited driving. Here was what she had to say at one of the first stop signs
Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone else tired of nervous passengers causing distractions? E6EA3B9B-0113-4434-A2B2-464DD33582D0

Yoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT
Country flag
I was driving our LX and decided to floor it from a light. Got rubber in second gear, looked at the wife and she was making the sign of the cross.

sosoye

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, S2000, Turbo Miata
Country flag
i get nervous too when riding with a bad driver ;)

19typeRblk

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Porsche 944 turbo S, 1978 Porsche 911SC, 2014 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
I always bring duct tape for my passengers
I have 30 HPDE under my belt, so I feel somewhat comfortable going into a corner. I'm not speeding, but carrying good speed through the corner, i e
turn in, apex, track out, which the average driver has no idea about. So understandable passenger get somewhat nervous, so one has to be patient with ones passengers

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Passengers do not bother me, or cause me any concerns -- It's many of the other DRIVERS out on the roads that have me terrified at times.

Having the power & the acceleration to quickly get away from them when needed, is most reassuring.

d1390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Passengers do not bother me, or cause me any concerns -- It's many of the other DRIVERS out on the roads that have me terrified at times.

Having the power & the acceleration to quickly get away from them when needed, is most reassuring.
Yup, its always other driver's for me too. Always merging into your lane, or driving real close beside you. Also with huge trucks, coming up next to them is terrifying as they are so big they end up in your lane.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Yup, its always other driver's for me too. Always merging into your lane, or driving real close beside you. Also with huge trucks, coming up next to them is terrifying as they are so big they end up in your lane.
Ah..maybe we should start a nervous drivers thread lol.
Sponsored