Anyone else tired of nervous passengers causing distractions?

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
I consider myself lucky then because my wife and kids love going fast (safely of course).

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
You've managed to live with it for 47 years. If you haven't talked to them about it, I don't think it really bothers you as much as you think it does. I tell people to shut the fuck up straight up and they never do it again.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
You've managed to live with it for 47 years. If you haven't talked to them about it, I don't think it really bothers you as much as you think it does. I tell people to shut the fuck up straight up and they never do it again.
Lol oh i tell them. They dont listen.

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
Lol oh i tell them. They dont listen.
LMAO in that case I'd tell them to not get in the car if they can't keep their mouths shut. You have to be blunt sometimes to get a point across haha

BrianDevin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX HatchWagon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sometimes I'm glad my only passenger is an old ratty backpack. this is one of those reasons

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
Ha, having to drive around announcing everything you see so your passenger will stay clam is not really my idea of enjoying driving. The worst part is my girlfriend refuses to drive, hates it, yet insists on narrating my driving and telling me how to.
Fair enough. I have a kid who gets his permit in July, so I try keep his attention and focus by having him tell me what he sees up ahead on the road. Trying to engage him and realize driving isn't just staring at the car in front of you or, more and more, staring in your lap at your phone ;)

yargk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R, '16 GT4, '19 GSW 4motion 6mt
Country flag
you did? :rolleyes1:

If you think the R is fast, you have never driven a fast car
Yawn. In terms of braking and cornering, the "fastest" street car isn't going to feel significantly faster and braking and cornering is what usually scares passengers, which is what we are talking about.

In other words, put a passenger in a Type R driven by a professional on a racetrack or a Porsche GT2 RS and they are going to be about the same level of worried even though the Porsche will post a 10-13 second faster lap.

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
Haven't had a lot of chance to drive with a passenger with the CTR yet, but yes, I'm usually more nervous driving, because I'm afraid of either losing focus or they don't like the way I do things (like braking too hard, making ppl nauseous, etc.). I should probably stop driving grandmas.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
you did? :rolleyes1:

If you think the R is fast, you have never driven a fast car
If you have never got the R around a track fast you don't know what a fast car is. Straight line speed is meh, braking and cornering is on par or better than cars 2-3x its price. Go back to Mustangs and Camaros lol

ucf_bronco

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Glad to see I'm not the only one SMH at Mikey1's post.

Are there cars that are faster than the Type R? Yes. Does that mean the Type R is not fast? No. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

If we use his logic and consider the cars that the Type R beat on the Nurburgring, then the following are also "slow":
BMW M3 GTS
C6 Z06 Vette
Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano
Porsche 911 GT3 RS (996)
Porsche 911 GT2 (996)
Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
MB SLS AMG
Pagani Zonda S
Audi R8 V10

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Glad to see I'm not the only one SMH at Mikey1's post.

Are there cars that are faster than the Type R? Yes. Does that mean the Type R is not fast? No. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

If we use his logic and consider the cars that the Type R beat on the Nurburgring, then the following are also "slow":
BMW M3 GTS
C6 Z06 Vette
Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano
Porsche 911 GT3 RS (996)
Porsche 911 GT2 (996)
Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
MB SLS AMG
Pagani Zonda S
Audi R8 V10
well since the thread is derailed which was the persons point to do lets roll with it.

Technically there is only one fastest car. every other car on the planet has cars that are faster then it. So really this is a stupid argument.
but fastest is well depending on how you look at it. the 2018 ford mustang gt has a top speed of 157 while the R has a top speed of 169 so yes the R is faster. Now on a straight line take off the mustang is faster. it just all depends on what number you want to compare. which on here is typically penis size. but just look at the company the R keeps on any tracks lap time record list. yeah it is fast.
Sponsored