Anyone else tired of horrible drivers that nearly put your Type-R in an accident since COVID restrictions got lifted?

Dream3r

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R Sonic Pearl Grey R-43285
Country flag
Don't know what's going on in Columbus, OH today but at least 6 people lost their brain cells.
One guy drove right to the exit and forces himself into the exit nearly causing an accident.
So enraging that no one can drive today. Reminds me I'm so glad I got a dash cause if anything happened I have proof they crossed a solid line and cause the accident.

video of what happened: https://photos.app.goo.gl/2R2F4RxQghG9n8Bn6 bless dash cams.

Semi-rant thread but also reminder to get a dash cam especially after COVID cause I'm 1000% sure people forgot how to drive.
Sponsored

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Believe me a lot of people didnā€™t know how to drive before this pandemic. Iā€™ve been driving for 37 years mostly NY ( Long Island)
and driving delivery trucks ( class B which I gave up) in the tristate area. And year after year the roads and highways get worse. The last six years that Iā€™ve been in Florida this state is by far the worst Iā€™ve driven in. The other day driving on interstate 75 the traffic is cruising at 80 plus mph when a driver decided to stop I mean screeching brake in the left lane almost causing a major pile up good thing it wasnā€™t during rush hour. Yes a dash cam is a good investment as it stands now Iā€™ll need a new one since the Florida sun kills them

OP
OP
Dream3r

Dream3r

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Believe me a lot of people didnā€™t know how to drive before this pandemic. Iā€™ve been driving for 37 years mostly NY ( Long Island)
and driving delivery trucks ( class B which I gave up) in the tristate area. And year after year the roads and highways get worse. The last six years that Iā€™ve been in Florida this state is by far the worst Iā€™ve driven in. The other day driving on interstate 75 the traffic is cruising at 80 plus mph when a driver decided to stop I mean screeching brake in the left lane almost causing a major pile up good thing it wasnā€™t during rush hour. Yes a dash cam is a good investment as it stands now Iā€™ll need a new one since the Florida sun kills them
Yeah, even yesterday in Ohio my dash cam was HEATED. I might get ceramic window film/tint if 100% exist just to keep heat out. It just sucks to see people not giving a shit and driving so recklessly

Sil98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R, '08 Kia Sorento, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol Si, '90 Supercharged TA
Country flag
Wasn't driving my Type R at the time but encountered this genius earlier this week.

Out of state plate i didn't recognize (New Mexico maybe?). Of course no deputy or state trooper around when you need one. Was hoping i would see them pulled over up the road but no such luck. I was going just over the speed limit. SUV pulling a trailer with lawn mower was holding up a line of vehicles in the fast lane. Looked in my rear view and the genius who passed on the shoulder was half a vehicle length off my bumper. Need to upgrade to a dash cam with front and rear cameras and better resolution. This is the same divided highway where my windshield got cracked. And last year i got boxed in behind a dump truck in front and a pickup towing a camper on my right. Another moron was riding my bumper one vehicle length behind me at 60 mph.

Attachments

OP
OP
Dream3r

Dream3r

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wasn't driving my Type R at the time but encountered this genius earlier this week.

Out of state plate i didn't recognize (New Mexico maybe?). Of course no deputy or state trooper around when you need one. Was hoping i would see them pulled over up the road but no such luck. I was going just over the speed limit. SUV pulling a trailer with lawn mower was holding up a line of vehicles in the fast lane. Looked in my rear view and the genius who passed on the shoulder was half a vehicle length off my bumper. Need to upgrade to a dash cam with front and rear cameras and better resolution. This is the same divided highway where my windshield got cracked. And last year i got boxed in behind a dump truck in front and a pickup towing a camper on my right. Another moron was riding my bumper one vehicle length behind me at 60 mph.
I mean I'm usually not that angry about stuff, but since covid was lifted it seems like people just care less and less and just want to do stupid driving. I'm glad I got a dash cam, and stuff like this is just enraging

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Its not just you..ive had people merge in my lane, Go off the exit only to merge BACK on the exit as i try try to drive past them. Kids on their phones driving with their feet...all kinds of shit.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Also i cherish the Friendship between Gon and Killua

OP
OP
Dream3r

Dream3r

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Its not just you..ive had people merge in my lane, Go off the exit only to merge BACK on the exit as i try try to drive past them. Kids on their phones driving with their feet...all kinds of shit.
It's a crazy world out here.
Also yeah, Gon and Killua are OP af. I wish the manga would continue

imhenry66

Threads
Reaction score
Website
thatguyhenry.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
This was on March, Friday the 13th, 2020, when the COVID Stay At Home order first hit. I was on my way to work to pick up the Mac workstation to start the work from home life:

People are more on the edge, after being in lockdown for so long. I personally believe their minds are constantly stressed and thinking about something else while they're driving. Distraction can only lead to trouble. I can only be as defensive as I can when I am on the road.
?

The driver turned herself in later. But even if she didn't:
Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone else tired of horrible drivers that nearly put your Type-R in an accident since COVID restrictions got lifted? plate_01

OP
OP
Dream3r

Dream3r

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This was on March, Friday the 13th, 2020, when the COVID Stay At Home order first hit. I was on my way to work to pick up the Mac workstation to start the work from home life:

People are more on the edge, after being in lockdown for so long. I personally believe their minds are constantly stressed and thinking about something else while they're driving. Distraction can only lead to trouble. I can only be as defensive as I can when I am on the road.
?

The driver turned herself in later. But even if she didn't:
plate_01.jpg
Damn, I'm sorry about your car! I hate that shit. I'm glad it wasn't too serious and she at least turned herself in.

I'm low key thinking about getting the rear dash-cam too.
How's the Cansoniq? I have the VIOFO A129 Pro. I got this one cause it's 4k resolution but I think I should probably play with the settings a bit for more clear picture cause when I reviewed my video plates weren't as clear as I wanted it to be but some people have those dark ones on so could be that.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ah yes the dummies are back out on the road now..

during peak covid, i could get to lower manhattan in 15 minutes flat from my place in jersey, GWB never had any traffic and it was honestly great. No road rage, no shitty drivers, no cops.

Now that things are back in full swing my commute when from 15 minutes to about an hour and a half lmao, sprinkle in the BMW's with broken indicators and 50 year old Karen's whipping their ford explorers cutting everyone off

pain

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
horrible drivers is just an everyday thing here in socal whether its covid or not.

i can probably make youtube videos of horrible driver compilations if i wanted to.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@imhenry66 your camera Clear AF what do you have?

imhenry66

Threads
Reaction score
Website
thatguyhenry.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Damn, I'm sorry about your car! I hate that shit. I'm glad it wasn't too serious and she at least turned herself in.

I'm low key thinking about getting the rear dash-cam too.
How's the Cansoniq? I have the VIOFO A129 Pro. I got this one cause it's 4k resolution but I think I should probably play with the settings a bit for more clear picture cause when I reviewed my video plates weren't as clear as I wanted it to be but some people have those dark ones on so could be that.
Hey man. Appreciate the sentiment. The car is fine. It just took awhile to repair because it was harder to get the parts shipped and delivered initially when everything went into lockdown. The new owner loves it.

I like the Cansonic. I do have a much older model, Z1. It's up to Z3 now:
https://cansonic.com/collections/recommended-dashcams/products/ultradash-z3-standard

The reason that it shook so much was because I used an Amazon-purchased mount that hung the cam off the rearview mirror arm. I have went with the included suction mount since then, and it shakes less.

@imhenry66 your camera Clear AF what do you have?

wanDUH

First Name
wanDUH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic LX Hatchback,1999 Honda Accord EX
Country flag
horrible drivers is just an everyday thing here in socal whether its covid or not.

i can probably make youtube videos of horrible driver compilations if i wanted to.
Duuuude...it really is an everyday thing. I try not to get all ragey but ohmahgahd it's impossible. The other day on my way home from work...traffic starts building up on the 210 right where I entered...and I'm like stuck behind this dumb broad that's literally swerving in n out of 2 lanes then hits the brakes as if she was gonna slam into the car in front. But nope! She's going so slow and swerving there's so much space in front of her.
When I finally got to switch over. I HAD to see wtf she looked like. And wow. She was like doing everything else but paying attention to the road. As I passed her I was raging so hard I yelled "GTFO OF YOUR PHONE YOU STUPID BIIIITCH!" ...fricken spit flew out and EVERYTHING LOL!
At one point she's like literally looking over her shoulder as if she was checking her blind spot so she can merge. She straight up made EYE CONTACT with me and I was in her blind spot but more towards the trunk. And she didn't switch. That's how far she was turning. Fuuuuh...I was raging so hard that day. Everyone can't just drive with out a phone in their hand. I never text when I drive. Never!

You know what's the worst though?? SUNDAY DRIVERS! ?

Sorry..I just had to tell you guys about that drive home. Hahaha!
Sponsored