Anyone else need new tires so soon?

polishedmetalctr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
From what I read - the stock conti's have better dry grip than the PS4s, so in theory, on the same size, the PS4s would perform worse in terms of grip in 1st and 2nd

Im still going to switch over myself too. Stock tires are far too expensive to maintain.
Straight line traction is superior with the Michelin PS4S hands down. Through the corners, contis slightly better and sharper turn. Ride is way better with the Michelins and they last way longer
Sponsored

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Do you have warranty? It’ll be a shame to have found a nail in each tire...
That’s what my Honda sale rep told me. When his car needs new tires, he always ends up finding a nail in them. Coincidence.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
One of the dumber threads to make the internet.
Hey guys, look at me! I think you're all dumb for discussing something, but I have absolutely nothing to contribute except to say you're dumb!

in other news, lol @ a spambot bumping this thread and we all just continue the conversation like it was yesterday :p

I've gone through a full set plus three flats in 25k miles. Shit's ridiculous, but luckily I don't drive to work so whatever.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Question what is the difference between a 255 35 20 and a 245 35 20? which one would you prefer for the type R?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Question what is the difference between a 255 35 20 and a 245 35 20? which one would you prefer for the type R?
245/30/20 (stock) has a 73.5mm sidewall. 245/35/20 has a 85.75mm sidewall. 255/35/20 has an 89.25mm sidewall. The first number is width, the second number is aspect ratio (sidewall = aspect ratio x width; 245 x 0.35 for 235/35 for example), and the third number is rim diameter.

Pierito

First Name
Piero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R (CW), 2007 Honda S2000 (SS)
Country flag
Lol i WISH i got 22k out of the OEM tire.

MisterC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Neon SRT4, 2014 Hyundai Elantra, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
After 3 years of ownership, 2 sets of winters, 3 sets of p4s (2 on 20s, 1 set on 18s) I can tell you that the type R loves to eat tires.

I haven't been able to get more than 2 seasons out of anything due to flat spots and the eventual thudda thudda that they result in.

The contis lasted 8k, the p4s would have lasted longer, but on the track with stock wheels you WILL ruin left or right front if you're going any more than 5/10 depending on the track layout.

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
My original stock contis just won't die. 2 years, 20k miles, and 11 autocross events. still have a tiny bit of tread on them. I might actually replace them with the same. Been pretty happy with them.

CTRismybeater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 E90 M3 & 2019 FK8 CTR
Country flag
Hey guys, look at me! I think you're all dumb for discussing something, but I have absolutely nothing to contribute except to say you're dumb!

in other news, lol @ a spambot bumping this thread and we all just continue the conversation like it was yesterday :p

I've gone through a full set plus three flats in 25k miles. Shit's ridiculous, but luckily I don't drive to work so whatever.
Yeah , I guess we all gotta start somewhere. They’re 240tw tires, so yeah they won’t last long. But, at least theres a thread out there for those that won’t or cannot self educate.

GotCTR?

Banned
Banned
First Name
JOHN BOY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2020
Country flag
Will 19"s Rims and tires improve overall ride quality? I might invest in some 19s on tirerack and I really want the highest offset possible.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Yeah , I guess we all gotta start somewhere. They’re 240tw tires, so yeah they won’t last long. But, at least theres a thread out there for those that won’t or cannot self educate.
Treadware ratings are generally very misleading... To the point that you really can’t compare treadware ratings between different manufacturers. On top of that, while it’s legal to underrate your treadware (lower rating than actually is), it’s illegal to overrate them (higher rating than actually is). That is, a lot of manufacturers are legally allowed to say their treadware rating is lower than it actually is. A lot of manufacturers end up doing this too.

Wheats027

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - Championship White
Country flag
My original stock contis just won't die. 2 years, 20k miles, and 11 autocross events. still have a tiny bit of tread on them. I might actually replace them with the same. Been pretty happy with them.
Damn!! For real? You must take it super easy at autocross.
I have 8k on the car. Most of this has been spirited driving on back country roads.
The original conti's look like they will be just about done at the suggested 10k mark.

Jimmyjambo_fk8

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I doubt you can get some ps4s tires for the $950 I got mine at but you should still be able to get a set several hundred dollars cheaper that what Honda's quote was. Most folks are only getting 10-12k miles out of theirs. The ps4s tires are supposed to get you around 30k miles and are excellent street performance tires.
What are PS4S??? Lol
Sponsored