Anyone else need new tires so soon?

CTRismybeater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 E90 M3 & 2019 FK8 CTR
Country flag
Treadware ratings are generally very misleading... To the point that you really can’t compare treadware ratings between different manufacturers. On top of that, while it’s legal to underrate your treadware (lower rating than actually is), it’s illegal to overrate them (higher rating than actually is). That is, a lot of manufacturers are legally allowed to say their treadware rating is lower than it actually is. A lot of manufacturers end up doing this too.
Doesn’t appear inaccurate in this case. Manufacturers will most certainly be accurate if not somewhat conservative due to the tendency of such errors to end up in class actions proceedings.

HomieGohan

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R | 1999 Civic Hatch NDF Style
Country flag
I think Honda recommends a special tire machine. I'm not 100% sure that's necessary, but still... You may want to inspect you wheels before you have the shop swap them. The first place I brought mine to, straight up told me they couldn't get the tires off the stock wheels. The second place told me they had trouble. One of the shops definitely scratched my wheels but it was on the inside. Other people here have had much worse.
This is so weird to me still. When i was running stock wheels and tires, i took my car to my friends house and we used his tire machine that was passed down from his grandpa. We had no problem and not a single scratch on the stock wheel lol.

My stock tires lasted me 4k ): stock alignment sucks

Sil98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R, '08 Kia Sorento, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol Si, '90 Supercharged TA
Country flag
This is so weird to me still. When i was running stock wheels and tires, i took my car to my friends house and we used his tire machine that was passed down from his grandpa. We had no problem and not a single scratch on the stock wheel lol....
Honda recommends a couple of Hunter Engineering tire changing machines for the Type R tires. To find a shop that has one call Hunter Engineering at (800)448-6848. I recently had a factory tire changed at an independent shop with a Hunter fully automatic tire changer. Not a scratch to the wheel.
Sponsored