Anyone else here a bit of a mod hoarder?

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It looks like most people just leave the type R silhouette after removing the badge, I first noticed on Eman's car. I wish I could have foreseen the 2020 grille because the diamond mesh looks much cleaner than the procivic hex mesh

Yeah, was thinking leaving it alone or just cutting out the mesh and leaving it exposed.

sucks that section is embedded into the actual grille itself, but this may or may not be an alternative too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(will center it more obv)

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone else here a bit of a mod hoarder? 20200811_182137
Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone else here a bit of a mod hoarder? 20200811_181736

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, was thinking leaving it alone or just cutting out the mesh and leaving it exposed.

sucks that section is embedded into the actual grille itself, but this may or may not be an alternative too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(will center it more obv)

20200811_182137.jpg
20200811_181736.jpg
I have exactly the same idea, only my grill is still pending? now you spoiled my imagination lol
Looking good ??

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is my current list, there's still the section of Considering, Done, Researching, and Not gonna do

Ordered:
Spoon windshield sticker (small, white, 300mm)
2020 Type R front grill
Spoon reservoir sock (genuine)
Spoon Stickers black 300mm
19 Steering lower garnish (Glossy)

Waiting to be installed:
spoon decals (the rest of the set, waiting for more Spoon parts to be installed first)
red pinstripe (lower black trims only, will wait until one day when I get my Mugen front under spoiler)
Spoon Magnetic Drain bolt - transmission (wait for next transmission service)
Fuel Filler Caution label - Premium fuel recommended (Redo, put it in the right position)
Mugen Commander Eye sticker for Helmet
Mugen Emblem L for 2020 Grill (waiting for the grill)

OEM Type R steering wheel
Steering wheel top position ring - red
16 Civic volumn switch on steering wheel
(Waiting for the lower garnish)

Mugen door mirror sticker (still deciding where to put)
FK8 rear sway bar (waiting for more suspension mods to support that)
red pinstripe (redo the dash)

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is my current list, there's still the section of Considering, Done, Researching, and Not gonna do

Ordered:
Spoon windshield sticker (small, white, 300mm)
2020 Type R front grill
Spoon reservoir sock (genuine)
Spoon Stickers black 300mm
19 Steering lower garnish (Glossy)

Waiting to be installed:
spoon decals (the rest of the set, waiting for more Spoon parts to be installed first)
red pinstripe (lower black trims only, will wait until one day when I get my Mugen front under spoiler)
Spoon Magnetic Drain bolt - transmission (wait for next transmission service)
Fuel Filler Caution label - Premium fuel recommended (Redo, put it in the right position)
Mugen Commander Eye sticker for Helmet
Mugen Emblem L for 2020 Grill (waiting for the grill)

OEM Type R steering wheel
Steering wheel top position ring - red
16 Civic volumn switch on steering wheel
(Waiting for the lower garnish)

Mugen door mirror sticker (still deciding where to put)
FK8 rear sway bar (waiting for more suspension mods to support that)
red pinstripe (redo the dash)

just a word of caution, if you do decide to go the Mugen emblem route on the grille, you're gonna have to bend the emblem slightly to make it fit properly to the grille. I'm also skeptical if the adhesive is going to properly secure it onto the grille. Still debating to actually put it on or not.

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
just a word of caution, if you do decide to go the Mugen emblem route on the grille, you're gonna have to bend the emblem slightly to make it fit properly to the grille. I'm also skeptical if the adhesive is going to properly secure it onto the grille. Still debating to actually put it on or not.
Do you mean the Type R placeholder is curved a little bit?
I'm thinking to use both the tape on the emblem, and another layer of 3M, seeing the edge that rise up there I think either doing it this way, or use a dremel to flatten the edges.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you mean the Type R placeholder is curved a little bit?
I'm thinking to use both the tape on the emblem, and another layer of 3M, seeing the edge that rise up there I think either doing it this way, or use a dremel to flatten the edges.

Yeah the placeholder is curved a bit, the Dremel might be a good idea tbh

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Was supposed to be delivered Monday, I had the whole week off figured I’d get em done during the week... came today, I’ll be busy tomorrow, and go back to work Monday... let’s see when these ever get installed.
Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone else here a bit of a mod hoarder? 2DFB6951-5DC6-4519-B9E0-AD91BD5B8BFD

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I tend to do in order easy to not so much.
Family commits mean a slathering of cheap easy appearance changes read as vinyl, badges, lettering.

Nothing exciting recently but did get HS grad son a ‘19 Rogue, AWD SL trim as new condition, low miles 2/3 $ of new.

Even off topic, here’s the bestest Nissan mod ever IMHO.

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone else here a bit of a mod hoarder? 1CB2833A-BBEA-41BA-8998-00FCFFAD9C67

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow, I thought I was the only one hoarding! LOL here's my current list:

Whiteline Front 27mm solid sway bar + upgraded end links
Whiteline Rear 26mm solid sway bar + upgraded end links
Whiteline Toe Arms
Whiteline Anti Lift Kit
Whiteline Lowering Springs
SPC Camber Arms
SPC Negative Camber Ball Joints
Ultra Racing 3-point mid brace
Recaro SR-11 Passenger Seat (Driver side already installed)
Matte HydroCF Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
Spoon Rigid Collars
I have 3 clutch kits laying around: CTR retrofit, Comp Clutch Stage 2 w/22lbs flywheel, ACT Street

I know I'm forgetting more items, and I have a lot more planned which I'm holding back from buying at this time till I get the above lot installed, and dialed in. It's getting ridiculous, I bought this car to keep it a stock daily...

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wait months and sometimes years before I end up installing most parts... my current uninstalled hoarding list is...
-PRL front pipe, mostly I can’t get it to bolt to the 27won exhaust so I gave up, will have to go back and try again.
-ctr subframe brace, waiting for the front pipe to be done first
-2020 type-r shifter, but I wanted to wait until I get the 2020 ctr knob, it’s been a challenge to get in Canada. Ordered from ICB but still waiting.
-hondata is going on over two years unopened, but gonna try this weekend I am aiming for, fingers crossed.
-27won intercooler, I was one of the first to get and i am just building the courage to tackle that and waiting for a full day when it’s not too hot out.

A few weeks ago I installed a ton of hoarded parts and got everything to do my first oil change myself while I was under the car but I was so sore and exhausted after the installs and I was just happy to have my car back and drivable. I ended up just taking it to the dealer for an oil change lol.

I like to think that I hoard up enough parts to be able to do multiple installs at the same time that complement each other. For example downpipe, TIP and intake same time (should have done the turbo then as well).

Meanwhile I have all these parts I am still researching my next part, likely brakes or a lip.

but.... all this talk about the CTR grille: will it be a direct fit for an Si sedan?

cheers all and stay safe!

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How do you guys contain yourselves?? I get a mod, it goes on less than a week later. The only thing I've waited on recently is swapping the yellow fog overlay for some purple to try a little something different. I just got the rear reflectors in smoke with the sequential LED function, and I really want to wait until I get the HRS ones in the mail but I doubt I'll make it until then, I'll probably zip tie the cord to something on the inside for now just to get them on.

I tried to wait until the weekend when I got my APR wing... Didn't make it past later that day. Was out in the garage until about 10pm ripping off the other wing, mounting the new one, and then ceramic coating it.

I have a downpipe that showed up yesterday, I doubt I will make it until the weekend. Just need to soak with PB blaster for 48 hours and pick up some heat wrap on the way home today. Probably going to trade my time on Friday evening for that install....

Seriously though, if it's a quick mod I won't last more than a day or two. My girlfriend has had hella horns sitting for like two months and I just don't understand how lol. Y'all have too much patience.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How do you guys contain yourselves?? I get a mod, it goes on less than a week later. The only thing I've waited on recently is swapping the yellow fog overlay for some purple to try a little something different. I just got the rear reflectors in smoke with the sequential LED function, and I really want to wait until I get the HRS ones in the mail but I doubt I'll make it until then, I'll probably zip tie the cord to something on the inside for now just to get them on.

I tried to wait until the weekend when I got my APR wing... Didn't make it past later that day. Was out in the garage until about 10pm ripping off the other wing, mounting the new one, and then ceramic coating it.

I have a downpipe that showed up yesterday, I doubt I will make it until the weekend. Just need to soak with PB blaster for 48 hours and pick up some heat wrap on the way home today. Probably going to trade my time on Friday evening for that install....

Seriously though, if it's a quick mod I won't last more than a day or two. My girlfriend has had hella horns sitting for like two months and I just don't understand how lol. Y'all have too much patience.
Geesh! I feel much better now, just smidge of lightweight crap compared to bigger badder mods you guys have waiting.

No wonder parts are out of stock, you all have everything on hand awaiting install.

Just have a few but it bugs me, family resents quick detail time much less mods.

- Hood Struts (can’t figure out best way to mount with minimal cuts to side engine covers)
- Mirror stripes and logo (redo flow look solid tho dashed in opposite direction to better match side stripes of dashed to solid, match logo sides)
-Fumoto oil drain valve (will see if can be installed next service)
-Second row red trim handle & tweeter covers (have to dremel hole for 1 tweeter, sand, repaint both)
-Still anxiously awaiting ASR CF Type R H badges and tri-color CF hood scoop (ordered Jan 31, Feb 17, they’re trying to get done for install before Sep 13 vid event here)

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
adc3132...

Right now, my biggest holdup to doing my purchased mods is living in "Covid-19 World". It's thrown me for a loop. I work with the public daily and have done so since the pandemic began because my job is considered essential. By the time I'm done a shift, I'm pretty worn out.

And the other issue which I mentioned before is privacy. Before Covid, I'd do my mods on my days off. I'd do them (as well as detailing and maintenance) parked on the street in front of my house. No garage or driveway for me unfortunately. And I've done it this way for years. It was OK because everyone was at work and the parking lot was empty.

Now everyone but me works from home in my court. The kids are home from school. The parking lot is packed. I don't know about you but when I do my mods, I like some privacy so I can concentrate on doing a good job. I no longer get that.

I pray that this isn't the permanent new normal.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah facts man, partly the reason I got a civic si was because of how much aftermarket support there is and how many companies there are.

But yeah I don't know how you have a bunch of mods sitting, I get so excited everytime I get a new mod that I always try to install it as soon as I can haha

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
adc3132...

Right now, my biggest holdup to doing my purchased mods is living in "Covid-19 World". It's thrown me for a loop. I work with the public daily and have done so since the pandemic began because my job is considered essential. By the time I'm done a shift, I'm pretty worn out.

And the other issue which I mentioned before is privacy. Before Covid, I'd do my mods on my days off. I'd do them (as well as detailing and maintenance) parked on the street in front of my house. No garage or driveway for me unfortunately. And I've done it this way for years. It was OK because everyone was at work and the parking lot was empty.

Now everyone but me works from home in my court. The kids are home from school. The parking lot is packed. I don't know about you but when I do my mods, I like some privacy so I can concentrate on doing a good job. I no longer get that.

I pray that this isn't the permanent new normal.
I did read your initial post... and while I understand completely, for me it's a give and take situation. When I spend money on mods... It's agony waiting for them to show up and get them installed.

Personally if I were in your situation, I guess I would just do things a bit differently!
First off I don't order anything I don't plan to immediately install. I'm not made of money so I'm not going to order anything I don't plan on installing within a few days because that's just wasted inventory $ if you will. I would rather put the money toward other things if it's gonna sit around. Especially if you don't have a basement or garage to store it all in while you wait.

While I am lucky enough to have a driveway, I have a lot of neighbors and CONSTANT dog walkers/ neighborhood bike riders - I just start working and forget that people could even come by. I can understand if this feeling differs for others, I just do what I'm doing and focus on that.

My first job was a sales associate / cashier at Marshalls... I can't even imagine working 8 hours at that job right now with all the regulations and overall stress of public interaction now. I'd leave anything for the weekends for sure. But I also have no children aside from a few fur babies, so free time is at a premium. I'm sure not so much for you.

I think the hardest part for me would be space. I just like to have a good few feet all the way around the vehicle... Not having it due to a packed parking lot would drive me nuts, I would take my car to an unused lot when I had time on the weekend for mods.

I hope your situation improves soon man. Otherwise you might have to start hiring out the installs! Or just let the stuff sit which would drive me batty......
Sponsored