Anyone else here a bit of a mod hoarder?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I'll admit it. I buy way too many mods. And a good portion of them I use and install right away.

But I have a growing list of mods that I haven't installed. Part of it is this forum. Holy crap there are some great modded cars here. And part of it is the amazing amount of mods available for 10th gen Civics. That and the fact the internet makes it way too easy to buy this stuff.

My current uninstalled mod list:

New set of 18" wheels
Continental DSW06 tires
A shark fin rear diffuser lip
Unity smoked/amber markers
Stainless steel lower door panel scuff protectors
Si rear sway bar
Ultra Racing rear crossmember bar
Modulo front splitters
HIC rear window visor
Smoked vinyl to smoke out the my taillights
Gloss black 3M 1080 to chrome delete window trim

Am I the only one that spends too much or waits quite a while to actually install?

Do any of you have buyer's remorse on some of the mods you buy?

Looking at the list of stuff I haven't installed combined with all the mods I've already added, I realize I need to join modder's anonymous ASAP. Yikes!
Sponsored

Last edited:

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Some of those are gimme mods, easy to install in less than half an hour.

You should take a day off and you could easily knock out over half of that list, even while having a beer between each mod.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's not that I don't have the time per se. For a variety of reasons including being tired all the time being an essential Covid worker, getting older and suffering from a bad back...

It's simply that some of those mods, I'm just not sure about whether I really want installed.

Tires and wheels I'm just waiting a bit because my stock tires aren't even halfway gone.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
It's not that I don't have the time per se. For a variety of reasons including being tired all the time being an essential Covid worker, getting older and suffering from a bad back...

It's simply that some of those mods, I'm just not sure about whether I really want installed.

Tires and wheels I'm just waiting a bit because my stock tires aren't even halfway gone.
I hear you 100% on the being tired all the time, despite not being an essential Covid worker.

I guess the uncertainty is due to a different style of shopping mods than my own. I won't buy something until I'm absolutely sure I want it and I'll like how it looks on my car. It ends up being a lot of bad photoshopping, searching for others with the same mod, and even a little order/cancel/reorder while I still am trying to make up my mind.

I don't regret a single thing I've done yet.

Except that N1.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
I get like that myself. I try to not buy stuff I know I wonā€™t feel like installing within a short time. Sometimes I get worried Iā€™ll screw something up, so thatā€™s another reason I take a while, I have to build up some confidence to go along with the motivation.

I just installed my JDM badges, and I had em for almost a month. And when doing so, I used goo gone to remove the old adhesive, and wouldnā€™t ya know, I took some paint off while doing it ??ā€ā™‚

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
If there was a brick and mortar store with mods, I would have already spent thousands. It seems I make most impulse purchases at real stores, when I see the gadget and can take it home now.

With internet it's a waste of time. I often load my basket and by the time I researched everything, I lose enthusiasm, get tired with it, go for lunch, and finally abandon it. If there are more people like me, as I suspect, the vendors are losing a lot of potential sales, not only in this area. Of course if I really need something, I just order it. But I'm ready to buy so many things I don't need, if they were put right before my eyes available NOW.....

Just a couple of weeks ago I assembled a great desktop computer on the internet and then abandoned it. They would send it in about 3 weeks. I don't care what will happen 3 weeks from now. If I found this computer in a store, I would have bought it immediately.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Mods that require wrenching I tend to install as soon as I have time. Cosmetic stuff I drag my feet. I've got a bunch of vinyl for both my cars and some more in the mail for my wifes and just don't feel like doing it.

jimmyreal

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If there was a brick and mortar store with mods, I would have already spent thousands. It seems I make most impulse purchases at real stores, when I see the gadget and can take it home now.
I think it goes both ways. I probably wouldā€™ve done a CAI + exhaust and have gotten bored, but all the research and reading now Iā€™ll be doing a FMIC first for performance, then maybe a downpipe, then thne

Same with wheels. Didnā€™t really feel the need but lots of research later, and folks talking about how lighter wheels + summer tires make a difference... bought wheels.

I think it helps me keep a bit more focused in my build, and make sure Iā€™m not buying stuff Iā€™m not going to like the day after I put it on.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
One of the holdups I have may seem weird to most, but here goes.

I live in a townhouse community where we park on the street. I don't have a garage. Before Covid, I'd work on my car on my day off. It was cool because everyone was at work or school and there was plenty of parking spaces and no prying eyes.

Now, everyone but me works from home and the lot is always jam packed and every time I do work on my car, I guess I'm the entertainment for the neighbors cause I see the window blinds opening to watch the monkey do his wrenching.

Covid sucks for so many reasons!

Last edited:

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same tbh, still working my usual hours but with much more work load since some of my peers got laid off and I have a lot more tasks now, Weekends I typically sleep in since thats when I catch up on sleep, and it's getting significantly hotter in so-cal now (suppose to be 102+ this weekend). Meh, I'll get to it eventually.

Current pending installs:

2020 Si wheels
2020 Type-R Grill (Need to figure out how to cover up Type-R badge silhouette)
Type-R sub-frame brace
Type-R rear sway-bar
Genesis Brembo BBK retrofit (waiting on spacers to clear rims) + steel lines + pads

Last edited:

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
If I lived somewhere where I had a parking lot instead of a driveway I probably wouldn't have half the mods I do.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Iā€™ve had some stuff sitting around. I won a short throw shifter and stainless clutch line April ā€˜19 at the last Wake the Dragon that are in a box Iā€™ve never installed. Spare upgrade intercoolers for the Z32. Injectors. I also have a lot of old Z car parts from gen 1 and 2 300zxs. Interior trim pieces... a couple sets of rims... other randomness. I just canā€™t bring myself to get rid of things I might need again... though I havenā€™t had a gen 1 300zx since I sold my last one (and second Z31 for that matter) back in 2008. I had a ā€˜85 turbo parts car for over a year sitting in my backyard when I had my first Z31. If I had my way... Iā€™d probably have a pile of old cars and slowly part them out and sell excess parts on eBay while cherry picking stuff to hold back for myself for cars I have for a spare parts pool. Then again... Iā€™m the kind of guy who gets excited to go to a U-pull.

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
Iā€™m sort of the same way. Currently have Type R subframe brace and bolts, si sway bar and accord end links waiting to install. I tend to hoard maintenance items though... I have a bunch of oil, air, and cabin filters... and a few jugs of oil. Enough for a few years at regular maintenance interval.

Iā€™m also the type to put off buying or installing parts until I have everything I want for a specific area of the car. Like Iā€™ve been putting off installing a grill because I want to wait til I pick an intercooler So I drop the bumper once for both rather than twice.

Derek.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport HB 6MT, 1996 Accord EX 4dr 5MT
Country flag
I'm far too impatient to hoard parts, but sometimes they accumulate over the winter months.

Your car is going to look totally different after you install all those parts.

Last edited:

trapbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I currently have a few mods laying around

KZcmc
Type R rear sway bar