anyone else having issues with bluetooth phone connect?

grantsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
My Bluetooth works ok for first 30 secs and then starts to make crackling sound. Anyone else experience this?

Also my apple car play intermittently disconnects -
Sponsored

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My Bluetooth works ok for first 30 secs and then starts to make crackling sound. Anyone else experience this?

Also my apple car play intermittently disconnects -
Sounds like a return to the dealership is in order.

mett752

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback, 2012 chevy sonic
Yup, had a bunch of problems with it. Dealership said that it was cause my phone wasn't supported yet and that they can't do anything and I just have to wait for Honda to add my phone

segfault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2006 Mitsubishi Evo
Country flag
Had a similar problem where the audio would sometimes sound like it disconnected and reconnected. My guess is either a f/w update is needed on our civic units or the bluetooth hardware sucks...

LazySage

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Yup, had a bunch of problems with it. Dealership said that it was cause my phone wasn't supported yet and that they can't do anything and I just have to wait for Honda to add my phone
I have to call BS on that. All my old Blackberries work fine. Never had any issues.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
My iPhone 6 Plus was perfect and now I can't get my iPhone X to reconnect at all

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
I've read in other threads that disabling ACP helps with BT issues. (assume you'd disable AA if you're iPhone). My HU was skipping while playing music via BT and disabling ACP fixed the problem. Honestly, I don't know why car manufacturers put the lowest-powered processor and minimal amount of memory in infotainment systems. I'd gladly pay another $50 - $100 for the overall cost of the car to have a snappy infotainment system. I test-drove a 2017 Maxima Platimum and the infotainment system was slow, sluggish, etc. I'd be PISSED if I paid north of $40k for a luxury sedan with sch an awful system.

Try disabling one or the other (AA or ACP) and see if that helps. I disabled ACP and Pandora.

Mugen94

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
I had the same issue, I took it to honda and they rebooted my audio system, the problem never came back.

Eldorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I very occasionally have to pull my Samsung Galaxy S4 out and plug it back in to get android auto to work, but for the most part it works fine. My phone is fairly old and sorta showing it's age, however.

Peg618

First Name
Peggy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 HONDA CIVIC TOURING

my auto keeps dropping
my phone from bluetooth

Leef

First Name
Leef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Modern Steel Metallic
Country flag
11 months later in my response to this thread, but same problem and its quite annoying. About 30 or so seconds into a call, the BT crackles and - if patient - comes back. Had the BT radio replaced under warranty 3 weeks ago and it happened at least once or twice again since but not as frequently as with the original radio.
Sponsored