Anyone else having amazing luck with their Civic?

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
You're always gonna hear the worst news on forums, simply because people generally don't post about things being fine but the majority of cars don't give much trouble.

Mine has had the aircon rad replaced under warranty and they also changed a side marker light that had condensation in it. Other than that is been great.
Sponsored

89champ

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic lx
Country flag
I have 150k on my 2016 2.0 lx. Drive 120 highway miles everyday. I do normal maintenance. I had to replace the battery sooner than expected. However I believe this is the best car I have ever owned. Fuel mileage has slipped from 43-44 highway to 39 mpg. Guessing due to mileage on car. My wife has the 2020 Corolla and is not in the same league as a civic. I work for Toyota so I get a discount. In short I love this car! Just curious as to how long my peers think the cvt is good for?

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I'm just at my 3.5 year mark and just shy of 50,000 miles in my 2017 Civic Hatch LX and I haven't had one single issue this whole time (knocking on wood). I'm wondering if I'm lucky or if the Civic Hatch is just lacking any faults. Only cost going into it is regular maintenance, even though I've never seen a maintenance minder notification.
So in 3 and a half years, you've never seen any maintenance minder notification? No oil change, or tire rotation, or brake fluid change? And at 50,000 , iv would of thought the air filter would be due also

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
had to replace a battery at just a little over 4 years old. Pretty short lifespan for a battery IMHO, but normal for these cars from what i've seen, replaced it with the 5100R from XS Power so I have way more cranking amps now. Probably wouldn't hurt to do an alignment either. But baring some factory defect I wouldn't expect anything major to break on a car this young, most of my past cars where around 170k Miles before any major faults came in.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2017 SI- 52,000 miles. No real issues. Had brake caliper adjusted when it was a hair out of spec and squealed.
At 52,000 miles still had 70-80 % of original brake pads left.
2018 Type R- turning 20,000 miles. No issues. Brake dust build up caused intermittent squeal, dealer cleaned it out no charge.
So no costs besides regular maintenance, and nothing that made the car unsafe or kept me from driving it.
No oil dilution issues on the SI either.
Luck? Yeah, we are lucky to have purchased Hondas.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Blue's been good to me, 3.5 years and counting :) Regular maintenance is key!

Heavily modified yet still great for daily driving, AutoX and Track days, and R&D car!

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone else having amazing luck with their Civic? rsz__dsc8635

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Wow, that really is extreme luck, especially the 0 flat tires thing. Hopefully I can keep the luck rolling.
So I also have a hatch and they are all made in Swindon, England which in my opinion does a great job. I have had some rattles/noises which number only two and the door clickers/detents are utter garbage. The HVAC has an issue with Recirc Air not being recirculated but rather like 75% recirc and 25% fresh which in many cases in cities is pure nastiness. My dealer was awful with not addressing the HVAC thing and not even documenting it so Honda USA told me I was screwed. Yes I have to change the oil pretty often but with that I have had good performance. One rear shock is bad. I am at 75k miles.

I thought to reply congratulations to you and because of the Swindon plant I think you have been happy. Honda should not close that plant down. It has other things it should do. Good thing no complaints at all!

PN_man

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si (Lunar Silver)
Country flag
Damn yeah my wife had a focus SE and it was a shitbox with that dual clutch transmission
I just replaced my '12 focus se manual with an '18 civic si. It needed bearings done on all four wheels at different times but other than that it's been fine. I gave it to my son for his first car.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I thought to reply congratulations to you and because of the Swindon plant I think you have been happy. Honda should not close that plant down. It has other things it should do. Good thing no complaints at all!
I have zero complaints against Swindon, not one single issue that could be blamed on assembly. But it doesn't make sense for Honda to keep a huge plant there and ship most cars over to the US, since the folks over there, including even all the EU-rope, just don't buy enough Honda's.

I wish they moved the plant to Japan instead of anywhere else, but even the Japanese don't really buy many civics, as they are too big for them :). They prefer their little Kei cars that fit perfectly between the garbage can and the electric utility box.

Last edited:

Hondavader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX CVT
Country flag
I have 150k on my 2016 2.0 lx. Drive 120 highway miles everyday. I do normal maintenance. I had to replace the battery sooner than expected. However I believe this is the best car I have ever owned. Fuel mileage has slipped from 43-44 highway to 39 mpg. Guessing due to mileage on car. My wife has the 2020 Corolla and is not in the same league as a civic. I work for Toyota so I get a discount. In short I love this car! Just curious as to how long my peers think the cvt is good for?
I have a 2016 civic lx with 180,000 miles daily highway driving plus towing a rxtx-300 jetski for 2 years not a damn issue regular maintenance change fluids air filter still purrs and runs strong best car I have owned

barqcider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic HB EX-L
Country flag
Well I'm not sure for me. Mines plagued with electrical issues and the screen going to the home screen and beeping. They never were able to fix it, even after replacing the screen.

My electrical will sometimes happen when I start the car. It'll turn on the e brake and wont disengage, say abs and every electrical is off (including PS).

4 years later, ive come to accept this crappy civics electrical gremlins.

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I have a 2016 civic lx with 180,000 miles daily highway driving plus towing a rxtx-300 jetski for 2 years not a damn issue regular maintenance change fluids air filter still purrs and runs strong best car I have owned
Didn't you post regarding CVT transmission issues and some kind of electrical gremlins? Have you not changed a single part on the car?

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a 2017 Sport Touring hatch made in Jan 2017. I have a rattle that comes and goes in the roof liner, which is more temperature dependent - more when it's colder. Twice, in the first 6 months of owning the car, I had all the Honda sensing lights light up on the dash, saying that all the sensors have turned off, then turned back on about 5 minutes later on their own, coincidentally, at the exact same location I was driving both times. But nothing at all since. Had some of the common audio system glitches, but after installing a more recent update, it's been fine. I never had the oil dilution problem, but got the product update done anyway when I got the notice from Honda Canada. Car definitely warms up faster now. And that's it. It's been pretty solid for me.

barqcider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic HB EX-L
Country flag
Well I guess in the end the electrical bug got my civic to the junkyard.

The screen beeped and went to the main menu again. The split second it took me to reopen google maps, I hit a curb at 35 mph. Side air curtains deployed.

I'm going to assume a total loss.
Sponsored