Anyone else have issues with tunerview on their head unit disconnecting?

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
  • Banned
I did the Honda hack and installed tunerview a few weeks ago. My issue is that it keeps disconnecting. It will stay connected for about 20 to 30 seconds then disconnect and freeze, then reconnect, then disconnect, etc. Its been like that since I installed it.

When I use the app on my phone I do not encounter this problem as it stays connected.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
When I had Hondata, their app was flawless with Honda Hack. With Tunerview, it simply won't connect or stay connected at all. Thankfully, I have the V2 and use that instead.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Issues all of the time on my phone. Kindle fire hooks up pretty well

EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Mine (In my 2020 Civic Si Sedan) has an issue with initial connection where I have to unplug and then replug it in for it to be detected by Bluetooth. I usually do this right after I start my car so I don't have to fiddle with it again. But I feel each time it just makes the K-tuner unit a little less likely to connect well the next time or it degrades it fitment-wise.

If I switch to my LaneWatch camera and then back, or out of TuneView for anything else (Change the radio station, use Pandora or Waze app--whatever else), often times it does not reconnect or stay connected in the background. Then I have to unplug it and replug it again WHILE DRIVING for Bluetooth to detect it and usually I have to swipe and have it re-detect the Ktuner unit.

It's a Pain In The Ass.

Frustrating.

It should maintain it's Bluetooth connection in the background, I think.

Edward

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Yep, me too. Very aggravated. I've minimized the effect by tweaking the Bluetooth retry delay and count but it still frequently continuously reconnects. Also frequently it will stop reading from the ktuner.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
My tuner view freezes up too. Sometimes when it connects, all the gauges read 0. I can usually pull the menu from the left of the screen to press connect. Then I will have to scan for device. Select the ktuner Bluetooth when it pops up and hope it connects. I often have to do this several times before it gets right.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
My tuner view freezes up too. Sometimes when it connects, all the gauges read 0. I can usually pull the menu from the left of the screen to press connect. Then I will have to scan for device. Select the ktuner Bluetooth when it pops up and hope it connects. I often have to do this several times before it gets right.
This, too. If I'm lucky, turning the lanewatch camera on and off will trigger it to connect without my having to fumble around with the headunit but sometimes it's just not enough.

I wish there was a better, more reliable option for an app. I don't want to keep a phone, tablet, or ktuner v2 in the car to add a theft risk.

Aguirre129

First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did the Honda hack and installed tunerview a few weeks ago. My issue is that it keeps disconnecting. It will stay connected for about 20 to 30 seconds then disconnect and freeze, then reconnect, then disconnect, etc. Its been like that since I installed it.

When I use the app on my phone I do not encounter this problem as it stays connected.

Mine does on a rare occasion. If you have Honda Hack (cant remember if you have to pay for the pro) you can map your buttons to switch to different apps on your screen. I have my up arrow set to Viper4Android and my bottom to TunerView. When it freezes I simply click on my up to change apps and then down to change back to Tunerview. This makes it reconnect without having to disconnect the device from the OBD2 port or having to mess with the screen while I am driving.
Sponsored