Anyone else buy a 2016 Civic Touring Sedan in MN?

PenguinMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan, CosBlu
Is there anyone who has purchased a 2016 Civic Touring from one of the dealerships in the Twin Cities? If so, would you mind sharing both your before tax/fees price as well as the OTD price? I've been emailing dealerships these past 2 days and have been getting $249XX all the way to $26XXX pre-tax/fees, which seems ridiculous after combing through the forum and seeing some purchases in the $23XXX. I'm not sure how much I can trust True Car, which is listing $245XX as the lowest purchasing price.

If you guys also wouldn't mind sharing your invoices, I'd be really grateful. Thanks!

Last minute question: do you think it would be useful to show some of the invoices from other states, or would that be meaningless?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Pretty meaningless. What someone pays in another part of the country is irrelevant to what's being offered in your market.

DjinTonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring, silver.
Country flag
My advice is to tell your preferred local dealer you will buy from him and have it serviced there if he will price match (he might want a deposit if he has to locate of order the trim/color you want). I think you can be very satisfied if 1) You are near the bottom of your Local TrueCar graph, and 2) no dealer that is local or in driving distance can beat your best price after a reasonable period of getting email quotes. With each lowest quote I took off a couple hundred and ask the next dealer Can you beat xxx? In the end my dealer matched. All you need is one dealer who is aggressive in pricing to get your dealers discount increased. Perhaps others can chime in for more advice.

Use your shopping time to get your dealer to bid against a bank for your car loan rate. Research accessories and any warranties and coverage you might want. That way you won't have to make big decisions at signing that could be very expensive.

Last edited:

sidhu2909

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
I'm not sure about touring, but my experience with shopping around found me lower prices with Inver Grove Honda. I ended up buying from a dealer in Chicago because I couldn't find the color I wanted with sensing here. I had a good experience buying out of state and taxes/registration were not an issue either. Also, I got it for a lower price than what was the lowest in Minneapolis. (I drove back home with the full tank they provided and I still had more than 30miles range left. Impressive for my first ride)
Sponsored