Anyone else appreciate a good parking spot?

teders

First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn, that is a really good parking spot. Just make sure that pipe above it doesn't show any signs of leaking. At work i've got a pretty decent spot, no physical barriers on either side like you've got, but for the past several months i've never seen another car park near me. At home i live in a condo complex, so parking there really sucks. Fortunately there happen to be two cars that havent moved in months, which conveniently left an open spot between them, so i take that when its available.

When possible i'll park as far away from other cars as i can. Otherwise i'll look for things like parked cars that have backed in and then i'll park on the passenger side. That way anyone who pulls in to the spot, as long as they are a solo driver, wont be swinging any doors near my car. I also never park on the edge spots of parking rows, unless there's a physical barrier. All kinds of good tricks are out there, you just have to play the law of averages.

OP
OP
Pepinho

Pepinho

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn, that is a really good parking spot. Just make sure that pipe above it doesn't show any signs of leaking. At work i've got a pretty decent spot, no physical barriers on either side like you've got, but for the past several months i've never seen another car park near me. At home i live in a condo complex, so parking there really sucks. Fortunately there happen to be two cars that havent moved in months, which conveniently left an open spot between them, so i take that when its available.

When possible i'll park as far away from other cars as i can. Otherwise i'll look for things like parked cars that have backed in and then i'll park on the passenger side. That way anyone who pulls in to the spot, as long as they are a solo driver, wont be swinging any doors near my car. I also never park on the edge spots of parking rows, unless there's a physical barrier. All kinds of good tricks are out there, you just have to play the law of averages.
Agreed. Thanks for the heads up about the pipe. Thankfully this one wasn't leaking.
It's always better to walk a little further than to park close up and go home with a dent in your door. :thumbsup:

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes! I can always appreciate this. I don't mind walking and parking far if I know I won't be coming back to a ding or scratch left by someone. I also don't park under any trees if I can avoid it, hate dealing with sap.

2Smoker119

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, 2008 Accord v6
Country flag
I always park as far away as possible. And try to park beside of a car that looks like the owner cares for it haha.

My wife was in the hospital about 3-4 days after we got our Si, so I HAD to park in the hospital parking deck. Well I was there for about 6 hours and some fucktard hit my mirror and left a black scrape on it. I was pissed! Luckily it waxed off. But it was enough to scar me for life. I'd park in the cage if I could haha.

OP
OP
Pepinho

Pepinho

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The worst part is when I park waaaaayyyyyyy away from everyone else and someone manages to park DIRECTLY beside me instead of choosing the dozens of other spots..
This happens to me as well more often than I would like.

Old guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
At work I have a Audi A4 and a A5 that like to park with me. We all protect one another. Sometimes though, I think my SI suffers from envy, having an Audi on either side of it.