- First Name
- May 20, 2019
- Reaction score
- Fremont, CA
- 2019 Civic Type R
To answer some of your questions:Hey Folks! My first post.
I am getting my FK8 SPG this Saturday from Tennessee. My dealer (Finance guy) offered me the Allstate® Vehicle Service Contract for $1900. After some negotiation he offered ~$1360.
I'm actually interested in getting the Honda Care 8yr warranty from Saccucci/College Hill/other such dealers.
I read some ppl saying these warranties won't be valid in CA? Unsure why is that. I live in Washington on the west coast - would that be a problem?
And do these warranties covers windshields and other such items? I will prob call and ask Sean too, just to be sure.
Has anyone used these warranties for repairs? Is that tricky to find an authorized repair shop (other than Honda dealer if I need help on my trip in the middle of a nowhere)? What's the experience like? Any comments would be helpful! Thanks all!
- It's valid in CA, no issues here, WA should be the same. It's a warranty provided by Honda of America, valid in the entire US.
- Define cover windshield. Against manufactures defect? Yes. Against rock chips and road hazards? No. MOST warrantys will not cover rock chips, however most insurance policies do.
- I have not needed to use it yet. However any authorized Honda Dealer can perform repairs. See below:
Honda Care said:B. IN THE EVENT OF A BREAKDOWN:
The following applies toALL NEW, NEAR NEW, PRE-OWNED, POWERTRAIN, CERTIFIEDADDITIONAL COVERAGE and SENTINELPLUS CONTRACTS.
• Take YOUR VEHICLE to YOUR DEALER (meaning the HONDA DEALER where this CONTRACT was purchased). Give YOUR CONTRACT
information to YOUR DEALER. They will contact the ADMINISTRATOR for approval on YOUR behalf.
• If it is not practical to take YOUR VEHICLE to YOUR DEALER, take YOUR VEHICLE to the nearest HONDA DEALER in the UNITED STATES or
Canada. Give YOUR CONTRACT information to the DEALER; they will contact the ADMINISTRATOR for approval on YOUR behalf.
• In the event of an emergency, and both of the foregoing are not possible, have YOUR VEHICLE taken to the nearest licensed repair facility.
YOU must obtain PRIOR AUTHORIZATION from the ADMINISTRATOR by calling TOLL FREE 1-800-999-5901 BEFORE INCURRING ANY REPAIR
COSTS. Any expense(s) incurred without first receiving PRIOR AUTHORIZATION when PRIOR AUTHORIZATION is required will not be covered.
• YOU must give authorization to the HONDA DEALER or repair facility for diagnosis/tear-down as necessary in order to diagnose a problem.
If the MECHANICAL or ELECTRICAL BREAKDOWN is covered by this CONTRACT, WE will pay the reasonable cost of diagnosis/tear-down
as a part of the covered MECHANICAL or ELECTRICAL BREAKDOWN. This CONTRACT does not cover the cost of diagnosis/tear-down if the
MECHANICAL or ELECTRICAL BREAKDOWN is the result of a non-covered part or condition.
• WE reserve the right to inspectYOUR VEHICLE to gather necessary information regarding any claim presented for coverage underthis CONTRACT.
• YOU must pay any applicable deductible to the HONDA DEALER or authorized repair facility. The deductible is the amount of the REPAIR
COST YOU must pay per visit, for the repair of one or more MECHANICAL or ELECTRICAL BREAKDOWNS covered by this CONTRACT. YOUR
deductible is specified on the IDENTIFICATION PAGE of this CONTRACT.