SPete3983

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Country flag
I’m looking to get a ktuner but don’t wanna drop 4-500 on a new one. willing to pay 350 if anyone is able to go for that
Sponsored

Jonmd89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
I’m looking to get a ktuner but don’t wanna drop 4-500 on a new one. willing to pay 350 if anyone is able to go for that
just wait for a holiday andI got mine new off of two step performances website for 400 and their stage one tune for free. If you buy one off of someone else and want the tsp stage 1 realize unless you have the exact same ecu model then you have to pay $80 for the tune or hope they’ll make a deal with you to get one cheaper

si_well

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Check the classifieds for them regularly. I was looking for one for a few days and didn't want to pay more than $350 for it. I bought one for $330 yesterday from a member and saw different member sell another Ktuner for $330, both of which already already had TSP stage 1 tunes too!

Jonmd89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Check the classifieds for them regularly. I was looking for one for a few days and didn't want to pay more than $350 for it. I bought one for $330 yesterday from a member and saw different member sell another Ktuner for $330, both of which already already had TSP stage 1 tunes too!
Just trying to reiterate tsp tunes are model specific to ecus and there are quite a few different ecus out there

si_well

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Just trying to reiterate tsp tunes are model specific to ecus and there are quite a few different ecus out there
I contacted TSP the other day regarding this and they said they will swap out a tune you already have on a device for the equivalent tune for the model/year you currently have which you want to use the tune for. It does cost $15 to do it though. From my understanding, the tunes are tied to the ID number of the Ktuner so they can easily send you a new tune specific to your model's ECU.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I have a KTuner v1.2 with the TSP Stage 1 tune that I'd let go for $380 shipped to the continental US.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Do you have to send the cpu in to unlock? What's the consensus on k-tuner or hondata?

si_well

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Do you have to send the cpu in to unlock? What's the consensus on k-tuner or hondata?
What CPU? Do you mean the ECU? The Ktuner can only be used with one ECU at a time, so it locks itself to one ECU to be used with via the Ktuner software, but in the event of selling your Ktuner it allows you to unlock it (also via the Ktuner software) so it can used with different ECU.

I hope that answers your question!

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What CPU? Do you mean the ECU? The Ktuner can only be used with one ECU at a time, so it locks itself to one ECU to be used with via the Ktuner software, but in the event of selling your Ktuner it allows you to unlock it (also via the Ktuner software) so it can used with different ECU.

I hope that answers your question!
Yeah I meant ECU. I was reading old threads and it was mentioned that the ECU has to be removed and sent into the tuner to have it unlocked before you can do tunes on it? Is this still true today?

si_well

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Yeah I meant ECU. I was reading old threads and it was mentioned that the ECU has to be removed and sent into the tuner to have it unlocked before you can do tunes on it? Is this still true today?
Nope not the case at all with our gen cars. I do think I remember from when I was on the old clubrsx forums that was what you had to do for the hondata Kpro, which was a whole ecu replacement.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

si_well

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Hmm. The following thread was just last year. One said you have to send in the ECU to ktuner? And the term jailbreak was used. Is jailbreak something else?

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/ktuner-v2-for-sale-sold.46675/#post-764925
Okay so I see the specific post in that thread that you are talking about. Someone asked if you have to send it in because they knew they had to do it for the Hondata Flash-pro system and the guy who answered saying you do have to was from Puerto Rico, and didn't look like he had the best english. He might have confused what was being said but regardless, the bottom line is that you DO NOT have to send in the ECU to Ktuner for any reason.

si_well

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
And to add to what I just was saying, the hondata flashpro was probably what I was thinking about instead of the hondata kpro. Flashpro is similar to the Ktuner that reflashes the ECU, and to guarantee that one person doesn't buy one and flash multiple ECU's with it they need to lock it to one specific ECU. I think the way they used to do it with the Flashpro was to actually have you send them the ECU for them to lock the flashpro to themselves. Ktuner does not operate like this. You lock it to the ECU yourself with their software when you set it up to your car.