Anybody test fitted steel wheels for winter yet on the Si??

OP
OP
Nozomi135

Nozomi135

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Modern Silver Metallic)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Amazing. I will go ask the dealerships.

Did you install the new shoes? How's the ride? Did you have a choice of winter tires?
Didn't really choose the tires since they were already waiting on the rims, if I recall, they were off an EX-T but the owner wanted Si wheels instead, so Honda took the wheels and got new winters on them, haven't heard much bad on the Winterforce 2's but I'll see, I'm used to using crappy off brand winters that performed surprisingly alright. Given the price I got it for I was pretty happy!
Sponsored

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Didn't really choose the tires since they were already waiting on the rims, if I recall, they were off an EX-T but the owner wanted Si wheels instead, so Honda took the wheels and got new winters on them, haven't heard much bad on the Winterforce 2's but I'll see, I'm used to using crappy off brand winters that performed surprisingly alright. Given the price I got it for I was pretty happy!
Strange they would have winter tires on an EX-T.
Never mind the reason. You got a great deal, wish I can find deals like this.

OP
OP
Nozomi135

Nozomi135

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Modern Silver Metallic)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Strange they would have winter tires on an EX-T.
Never mind the reason. You got a great deal, wish I can find deals like this.
I got darn lucky on it! Then again, my family has purchased about 7-8 cars from them, I jumped onto the Honda train and decided to get my first as well! Never go to the Honda in my city, always take the trip for them, their service is always absolutely stellar and they're always honest and solid with prices/deals

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
I got darn lucky on it! Then again, my family has purchased about 7-8 cars from them, I jumped onto the Honda train and decided to get my first as well! Never go to the Honda in my city, always take the trip for them, their service is always absolutely stellar and they're always honest and solid with prices/deals
I'm in Halifax and looking for a decent price on alloys for the winter. Maybe I need to give those guys a call to see what they have.

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll be storing my Si in the next few weeks for the winter fortunately!

reelbg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, 2013 Odyssey, 2011 Subaru STI
Free shipping in Canada for alloys and/or tires. https://pmctire.com/en/
Finally, a tirerack.com alternative up North! I couldn't find anything. I was set to go with Canadian Tire, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to order the wheels I wanted and delivered to the store. Nevermind finding offset specs, etc.

This site was perfect. I got these:

https://pmctire.com/en/wheels/rwc/a...anthracite-17x7-5-5x114-3-64-1-deport-45.tire
https://pmctire.com/en/tires/michelin/x-ice-xi3/michelin-x-ice-xi3-215-50r17-95h-xl.tire

invader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corolla Hatch SE 6-spd
Country flag
Finally, a tirerack.com alternative up North! I couldn't find anything. I was set to go with Canadian Tire, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to order the wheels I wanted and delivered to the store. Nevermind finding offset specs, etc.

This site was perfect. I got these:

https://pmctire.com/en/wheels/rwc/a...anthracite-17x7-5-5x114-3-64-1-deport-45.tire
https://pmctire.com/en/tires/michelin/x-ice-xi3/michelin-x-ice-xi3-215-50r17-95h-xl.tire
That's great, although you went with a wide 7.5 rim in a narrow 215 tire... I'll be slapping a 225/50-17 onto a 7" wide rim.

reelbg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's great, although you went with a wide 7.5 rim in a narrow 215 tire... I'll be slapping a 225/50-17 onto a 7" wide rim.
I couldn't find a 45 offset rim I liked in 7" width. Will that be a big deal? I figured if the tool says it's compatible with the tire, the extra 0.25" on either side should be negligible ... not sure now!

invader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corolla Hatch SE 6-spd
Country flag
Last edited:

reelbg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)