anybody running the AF dynamic intake yet?

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' BBP Type-R/20'MX-5, Recaro, Brembo, Bose/19' GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can someone take a closer pic of the installed intake. I just want to make sure I did not put this thing up side down. :)

...nevermind :-( found them previous pages duh
Sponsored

Last edited:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the boomba blow off. Had it for a month now. I love it. No issues at all
enjoy your rich condition over and over and over and over. Eventually when your car stalls and you dont know why, remember you have a bov on your car.......

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just out of curiosity? Wasn't the rich condition less than a second long? And want it just barely over what "stock" would be? And isn't a rich condition the reason turbo performance cars shoot flames thousands of times and never have issues. I understand my catalytic converter could become clogged at a bit faster rate than usual, but it is not rich enough to backfire, which in my book, isn't even rich. I'll check my spark plugs.
Go find the thread by @VitViper about BOVs, he even has datalogs of this condition. People have been getting check engine light codes and stalling vehicles over it. But its your car and if you want to screw up your engine so you can have that sound, thats your choice. A safer alternative is getting an intake, it does no harm and gives you awesome turbo sounds

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just out of curiosity? Wasn't the rich condition less than a second long? And want it just barely over what "stock" would be? And isn't a rich condition the reason turbo performance cars shoot flames thousands of times and never have issues. I understand my catalytic converter could become clogged at a bit faster rate than usual, but it is not rich enough to backfire, which in my book, isn't even rich. I'll check my spark plugs.
Here you go, I found the thread, read it all but the goods are on page 1 and graphs are on page 6 http://www.civicx.com/threads/vent-to-atmosphere-type-blow-offs.10268/

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've already read through that whole thread, never once saw anyone with a stalling engine. Don't even understand how it would stall in the first place. The only time it's doing anything different is when you are off the throttle. It's closed 99% of the time. But I saw the hard data, no doubts there, but it didn't give a time frame for any of the data or how long the samples were taken, which makes me wonder if it was just a very short time and whoever wants to disprove this company is taking poor sample sizes and quoting them as gospel.
You're kidding right? Vit isnt lying to us. Did you watch the video the Boomba put out? The one where they claimed it doesnt go rich but then all they showed you was a car ready in a steady throttle state and never once made the bov go off? So who is misleading who? Youre going to ignore facts and data logs for the marketing of the company selling the product? What time frame do you need, its not healthy for your engine to run that rich during shifts and certainly not during transients. And all of this so you can hear rice come out of your bov? I mean,cmon dude. I had one and I took it off bc you could tell a definite difference in how my car ran. Sometimes coming to a stop after a hard pull the engine would try to stall.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And using the term, rice, is a blatant attack on what people think is cool, or make them happy. People have a chance of ruining suspension components to run wider offset wheels, people have a chance of running lean when they straight pipe their Hondas, people have a chance or ruining their paint when they wrap or plastidip their car. But people still do it because it makes them happy. People can do their own research, and determine if the product is worth the risk. All of the tunes that people are using on their cars take a chance at blowing the motor. Every horsepower or torque you add to an engine creates more stress upon the components of the engine, rods, bearings, ect. And I've seen no one question that. Not even you.
Its rice on our car because a bov on a car that is supposed run one serves a purpose to protect the turbo, it serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever on our cars other than to mess up the a/f ratio and make noise....anyway not attacking you personally sir, its just stupid to argue agaisnt actual real world datalogs.

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Its rice on our car because a bov on a car that is supposed run one serves a purpose to protect the turbo,
Same thing can be said about your ricey CF wing too - like you'll ever use all that downforce! :thumbsup:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same thing can be said about your ricey CF wing too - like you'll ever use all that downforce! :thumbsup:
You know what though, my carbon fiber wing wont make my car run like shit will it, but I appreciate that you either took the time to find pics of my car or remember it :eek:

Timmeh8604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1 year with my AF dynamic CAI and have had no issues and lots of looks from people when they hear that spool haha. Only thing different is I just replaced the filter for an AEM dry filter.