anybody running the AF dynamic intake yet?

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
ok, obviously they put it together backwards in the pic but it looks like a nice piece and I talked to one person who was happy with this brand intake on their (I think 9th gen) civic SI. anybody running one of these on a civic 1.5T yet?

I understand some of the cost of bigger name intakes based on R&D/marketing etc... but some of them are RIDICULOUS imo, like the aFe intake costing 400 bucks! if any of them Id probably go INJEN since it seems the best bang for the buck from the big boys. like mishimoto being just a new tube and an open airbox with a cone filter inside in stock location (looks nice and clean no doubt but 300 bucks?)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-2017-H...ash=item3d286ecf7a:g:9CsAAOSw-CpX~q6p&vxp=mtr
Sponsored

gheezycivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBM civic
Installed it today, sounds similar to Injen, the install was straightforward. I found it easier to remove the stock tubing between the stock air box then removing it, and then removing the air box.

MAF sensor fits well and you'll hear a suction pop when it goes in. Fitments overall is pretty good but I didn't put the heat shield on yet.

Throttle response is minimaly improved and you can hear the turbo slightly better. Idles at stock and I think worth it for the price. Let's see how this is longer term.

I also choose this style because I feel it'd be easier to switch back to stock in case of warranty.

Honda Civic 10th gen anybody running the AF dynamic intake yet? 20170223_191959

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Installed it today, sounds similar to Injen, the install was straightforward. I found it easier to remove the stock tubing between the stock air box then removing it, and then removing the air box.

MAF sensor fits well and you'll hear a suction pop when it goes in. Fitments overall is pretty good but I didn't put the heat shield on yet.

Throttle response is minimaly improved and you can hear the turbo slightly better. Idles at stock and I think worth it for the price. Let's see how this is longer term.

I also choose this style because I feel it'd be easier to switch back to stock in case of warranty.

20170223_191959.jpg
Cost?

OP
OP
maddmatt02

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

20170223_191959.jpg
is the mount you are talking about that tab that's not bolted up yet? what is it supposed to bolt to and do you think it lines up well? think Im going to get the CAI right now, other day I got an email from ebay that a seller lowered their price.

Notmighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accords couple ex-l 6cylinder 1999 Si 96k greddy turbo kit
I've read multiple times now that intakes do not ad any horsepower, did you ad for the sound>?

OP
OP
maddmatt02

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am going for looks/sound myself which is why I can't justify those $300/$400. I don't want my car LOUD but it's too quiet for me as-is.

Part of me tough actually hopes everybody is wrong and the results will really be somewhere between the 10-29hp that the product manufacturers claim you get and the zero hp some civic owners claim you get... Lol

gheezycivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBM civic
I did get it for the sound but also expecting minimal performance gains. I did notice better throttle response which to me, makes it worth it as well as the added turbo noise. I wasn't expecting 21 hp gains like we've seen in dynos but i'm being realistic, which is why i couldn't justify 300+ on name brand ones with similar performance outcomes. Now, I can't say much for cold air vs short ram but from other tests videos, heat soak can be an issue with both.

Here is the mount that I have yet to install. The mount has a bracket that it connects to and you'll have to remove the stock mount that are holding the coolant lines to put the vibration mount on.

Honda Civic 10th gen anybody running the AF dynamic intake yet? X-6062

gheezycivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBM civic
I am going for looks/sound myself which is why I can't justify those $300/$400. I don't want my car LOUD but it's too quiet for me as-is.

Part of me tough actually hopes everybody is wrong and the results will really be somewhere between the 10-29hp that the product manufacturers claim you get and the zero hp some civic owners claim you get... Lol

What would make it more worthwhile is dyno testing with an intake and flashpro versus flashpro with stock intake.

OP
OP
maddmatt02

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm planning on getting down to a dyno where I know the guy has done a 87 octane baseline. Won't be the same car but should be close enough (aside from possible fuel quality variance), plus if he life it we should be able to check ign. timing to see if it's vastly different.

Problem is I don't know where I'll be when I go. Planning ktuner v2 but I won't be able to wait to install/flash before I dyno. I need to see what runs this guy has done because maybe he has a stg1 pull on 87 as well. Then I can flash right when I get it and just make sure I'm running 87 when I get there... Don't hold your breath though it's easily 1.5 months from happening.

gheezycivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBM civic
I'm planning on getting down to a dyno where I know the guy has done a 87 octane baseline. Won't be the same car but should be close enough (aside from possible fuel quality variance), plus if he life it we should be able to check ign. timing to see if it's vastly different.

Problem is I don't know where I'll be when I go. Planning ktuner v2 but I won't be able to wait to install/flash before I dyno. I need to see what runs this guy has done because maybe he has a stg1 pull on 87 as well. Then I can flash right when I get it and just make sure I'm running 87 when I get there... Don't hold your breath though it's easily 1.5 months from happening.

We'd appreciate the figures either way. I truly think there are minimal gains to be gotten from an intake install, tuning of course will maximize it's potential. Let us know and good luck. This is about as far as my mods are going for now, before the ole lady kills me, lol.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag

3-5 hp is what you will likely get.. If any

OP
OP
maddmatt02

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
3-5 hp is what you will likely get.. If any
Well that's right between 10 and 0... Lol

Really I don't care as long as it sounds like I want.

OP
OP
maddmatt02

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm not really in it for trying to hear the BPV is thats what you were trying to show in the video, I want the roaring sound of the intake itself when you go WOT, which I don't know will happen on this car but I'll see when I get mine installed. Ill probably just do a muffler delete now as well until I find a diffuser I want and get a custom setup made.
Sponsored