anybody running the AF dynamic intake yet?

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
so far i really like it! no heatsoak! the temperature under there is really good!quicker response when launching....already learn how to feel more the boost of my car with this....and for the mpg, well its really nice averaging 33 mpg with the intake since ive put it on...and yesterday was a lot of quick pull from a dead stop and everywhere i could i would push on th trottle just to hear the spool of the turbo and to hear that recirculate valve

gheezycivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBM civic
so far i really like it! no heatsoak! the temperature under there is really good!quicker response when launching....already learn how to feel more the boost of my car with this....and for the mpg, well its really nice averaging 33 mpg with the intake since ive put it on...and yesterday was a lot of quick pull from a dead stop and everywhere i could i would push on th trottle just to hear the spool of the turbo and to hear that recirculate valve
I averaged 42 mpg just yesterday on a 513 mile trip. Punched it to 90 mph a couple of times as well and I used eco mode most of the time. Average speed was 74 mph. My vehicle overall average at 7300 miles is 36.4, I'm very satisfied.

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
nice ! i can still do that too!!!!!!! it only depends what way you drive the car! all i can say that its pretty much the same as stock on the mpg that you can do with the intake

jdogcarroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic coupe ex-t lunar silver
I installed the AF SAI version and absolutely love it. As for MPG thats all how you drive the car. I feel as if the car is taking better to acceleration but maybe thats just me and my beginner mind. Definitely want an exhaust now.

paid2play

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Honda Hatchback Sport
hfpdohc, Maybe you can help me out. I'm looking to install an intake but the sole purpose would be for the sound effect. I don't care either way about the turbo spool sound I am mainly looking for a "throatier" sound while accelerating. Can you speak about how your sounds compare to stock maybe even upload a sound clip. I know there are a few clips floating around but i believe they focus on the spool.

OP
OP
maddmatt02

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
With the hood popped I almost feel like they sound the same. You get a little increase of that throaty sound like older NA Hondas but nothing really when comparing to them. Only real sounds you gain are air being sucked in and the BPV venting... At least with my CAI.

paid2play

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Honda Hatchback Sport
Dang. Can you point me in a direction to get the sound I'm looking for?

OP
OP
maddmatt02

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
Dang. Can you point me in a direction to get the sound I'm looking for?

The lx or the ex with the K20C... Lol really not sure we can get that growl our of the 1.5T like the NA motors... Need to address the exhaust for some more noise, which is my next route I'm taking.

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
like maddmatt said.........our engines are not design for that sound.....maybe with a K/N drop in filter and if you take out the black tissue protector under the hood you would hear a little trottier sound like your looking for...maybe...

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
at full trottle you dont hear the turbo anymore and i would say the engine sound pretty much the same as stock even with the intake at WOT

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' BBP Type-R/20'MX-5, Recaro, Brembo, Bose/19' GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installing my AF soon in a ST HB... lol
Planning to film before and after pulls this weekend just for the fun of it. Sport mode all auto and just slam the pedal, windows down from 20mph roll. Any other suggestions best way to do it?

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
half throttle (you can really hear the intake full potential(sound)