Anybody running a staggered setup?

Vtisi4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
Just wondering if anybody was running a staggered setup. Not for the performance but for the looks. I imagine that trying to run such a setup will cause tpms problems. I see people having rubbing problems at the front but not in the back.
Sponsored

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For looks? Help me out.
Not sure I understand the point on a FWD vehicle.
Straight line guys put lots of meat out front for traction, but why if you’re not running it at the strip.

bangminah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
For looks? Help me out.
Not sure I understand the point on a FWD vehicle.
Straight line guys put lots of meat out front for traction, but why if you’re not running it at the strip.
"Reverse" stagger is a common set up for FWD cars that're into road racing for the handling characteristics as well. I have only seen one car other than mine running such set up on the 10th gen Civic though.

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
"Reverse" stagger is a common set up for FWD cars that're into road racing for the handling characteristics as well. I have only seen one car other than mine running such set up on the 10th gen Civic though.
Thanks.
New to this old guy...

bangminah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Thanks.
New to this old guy...
You are right though in that a traditional staggered (larger rear) setup is pointless on FWD vehicles, and really only just for looks. Hell it might even be worse than a squared setup, these cars already understeer enough.

OP
OP
Vtisi4life

Vtisi4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
Well like said above it is used on some track cars with fwd. Basically i see a lot of guys running those wide wheels on the wheel sextion teyong to get the concave look, obviously not for performance at all. Running a 18x10.5 low offset is for the looks only. I was just wondering if it would trigger the tpms system since there would be a significant difference in wheel speed on the back.

bangminah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Well like said above it is used on some track cars with fwd. Basically i see a lot of guys running those wide wheels on the wheel sextion teyong to get the concave look, obviously not for performance at all. Running a 18x10.5 low offset is for the looks only. I was just wondering if it would trigger the tpms system since there would be a significant difference in wheel speed on the back.
I haven't had any issues so far other than the light coming on once after driving for quite a bit, then recalibrating and it hasn't come up since. I have 17x9 +25 255/40 in the front and 17x8 +35 225/45 in the rear though, so same size rolling diameters.
Sponsored