Anybody running a Catted Downpipe with FBO and tune?

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
Important to note that this dynamic adjusting only comes handy when switching from fuel to fuel AND having to mix. If one has e30 blend dispensed at their regular pump, single custom map for e30 may be enough, switching back to ktuner/flashpro 91/93oct mapping when running those. Which will be never if e30 available .... ?
Sponsored

Aldeezy87

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
I chose catted because A) aftermarket exhaust that I chose specifically for low/no drone, B) I live in MO which is not an emissions state, but I unfortunately live in a county that is, C) the power difference isn't enough to probably notice

To me, on my SI I didn't care, went catless and loud and illegal on a few things, but now that I'm on the R and moved, I'm doing things the legal way to bring as little attention to me as possible, the city I live in has quite a few fast/loud cars and police tend to sit on the street looking for reasons to pull them over, so I'd rather not give them one.
Finally someone from MO, I live in Hazelwood which requires emissions, did yours pass with the Catted DP? And which DP are you running with?

Aldeezy87

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
On a new CTR, so haven't had to get one yet, but I went with the RV6 catted with ceramic coating. Worst case, it fails, I put the stock one back in, then get emissions done. A PITA but if I have to do it, then I'll have to do it when the time comes.
Oh ok well I can do that also I guess, thanks for the info! I haven't done anything to mine yet because of the warranty but it expires next month so I will soon. Which exhaust system did you go with? I was only planning on the muffler/mid resonator since I don't really mind the drone.

OP
OP
Sinistah89

Sinistah89

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
So since i have both e85 and 93 near me, i would get the flex fuel kit and mix like half and hqlf? And that would get me what?

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
Like so..

Honda Civic 10th gen Anybody running a Catted Downpipe with FBO and tune? 27B585D5-DB2B-4775-ADD0-9217ABDBE400

If so just pump e30 and not sure you need a flex kit. If only e85, you will want to buy a flex kit preferably and then mix to obtain a blend. There are ethanol mixture calculators, you need to know how big your tank is (capacity). I used to use this calc. It will give you a general idea of what you need to mix. Caveat is e85 isnt always 85% (never). So you dont know what youre working with to begin with sometimes. May need a vial test tube from fuel-it, google it.

http://www.wallaceracing.com/ethanol-mix-calc.php

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
Actually not sure there are OTS ethanol tunes that will work without a flex kit, can anyone confirm?

i am sure you could get a single fuel custom tune for e30 and run that without a flex kit, assuming you have e30 dispensed at pump like pictured above/or wanna mix without spending 400$ on a flex kit.

Last edited:

Aldeezy87

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Looking into MO/County law for emissions a bit, it looks like we're just an ODBII testing setup for the required counties. So with factory heat shield covering the downpipe, and no sniffer test, if you are tuned to disabled the O2 P0103 error, I have a feeling that a catless won't be an issue and neither will catted.
Oh okay, no wonder with the Mustang emissions only took minutes and it wasn't on a lift. That was right before getting the CTR so I'm glad there is no sniffer test.
Sponsored