Anybody have error codes/limp mode putting CTR on dyno?

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
I called Jotech Motorsports near Dallas to get a baseline dyno reading on my CTR before I do any mods but they told me there’s a good chance that it’ll throw up error codes if the front wheels are spinning but the rears aren’t. Does just completely disabling traction control like PRL’s procedure work to avoid problems? Or is standard hold down the ESC button until it turns off work?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
shihabp79

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
Come on, nobody? None of y’all have dynoed your cars? Any vendors please chime in!

zcEF

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
I fully disabled all traction control in +R mode when I did mine (3 pulls) and I did not have anything pop up. But others who have done the same thing have told me that it has happened to them. So it's kinda hard to say. Definitely do it with it fully disabled by holding the button for 5 seconds, but I can't really tell you if it will come on or not.

OP
OP
shihabp79

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
I fully disabled all traction control in +R mode when I did mine (3 pulls) and I did not have anything pop up. But others who have done the same thing have told me that it has happened to them. So it's kinda hard to say. Definitely do it with it fully disabled by holding the button for 5 seconds, but I can't really tell you if it will come on or not.
Thank you! I'll take that under advisement.

Vaders CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CLA 45 AMG & '22 Ariel Atom 4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When I dynoed my first CTR, the dash lit up. Driving the car for a few miles turned them off. If you do it, just turn all the traction control stuff off.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I dynoed my car like the first guy said with it in +R mode and the VSA fully off and had no issues.

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You should disable VSA / TCS on the dyno using the pedal dance.

1. Switch on the ignition, release the parking brake, press the brake pedal.
2. Switch VSA off and on. This means holding it down for 2 seconds twice until the disable light goes on and then off again.
3. Apply the parking brake and release the brake pedal.
4. Repeat #2
5. Press the brake pedal.
6. Repeat #2

It it works then the VSA disable light is on with 'off' blinking next to it. You have to do this after every upload or if you switch off the ignition. If it doesn't work then you probably are not holding the VSA button long enough.

Manuel

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
You should disable VSA / TCS on the dyno using the pedal dance.

1. Switch on the ignition, release the parking brake, press the brake pedal.
2. Switch VSA off and on. This means holding it down for 2 seconds twice until the disable light goes on and then off again.
3. Apply the parking brake and release the brake pedal.
4. Repeat #2
5. Press the brake pedal.
6. Repeat #2

It it works then the VSA disable light is on with 'off' blinking next to it. You have to do this after every upload or if you switch off the ignition. If it doesn't work then you probably are not holding the VSA button long enough.
What is this some sort of a video game cheat code. Why is the r has so many secrets? I just want my R to be over 400hp