Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Has anybody that lowered their car went to the dealer for an alignment? I've done this with cars in the past because they usually get it right better than a garage. Not sure if Honda does good alignments or if they would do it after being lowered. Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sponsored

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Honestly it all depends on your local dealer and who's working. I go to a local shop that specializes in tires and alignments and usually have had much better success. However, I've not yet had to go with this car. Will be soon once it's lowered.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Honestly it all depends on your local dealer and who's working. I go to a local shop that specializes in tires and alignments and usually have had much better success. However, I've not yet had to go with this car. Will be soon once it's lowered.
My local shop can't seem to get it right I've taken it back 2 times. Will have to search a better shop since I'm new to my area.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Did they run out of adjustment to bring it into spec?
No first it pulled to the left when accelerating so I took it back,now it's much better but pulls to the right slightly. Only when accelerating. I just want to go somewhere that will get it right.

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Has anybody that lowered their car went to the dealer for an alignment? I've done this with cars in the past because they usually get it right better than a garage. Not sure if Honda does good alignments or if they would do it after being lowered. Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks
When you say “get it right,” do you mean the quality of the service resulting in uneven tire wear of your tires, poor correction of the steering wheel tracking straight, or both of these issues?

The problem I experience is mainly poor alignment services where the lazy technician only makes adjustments to the toe, thrust, and camber (if applicable), while failing to baseline these adjustments to a properly, centered steering wheel. The result of this is a car that tracks straight (does not pull left or right), mitigates improper wear of the tires, but has a crooked steering wheel.

For this reason, the alignment shop that I choose has me center the steering wheel, and then aligns the suspension according to the correct specifications. This process is how it should be done, but lazy techs fail to do it because it requires them to make adjustments that match the angle of the steering wheel. Instead, they will only make sure the specs are correct, and ignore the steering angle.

This video explains the importance of the steering angle:

The take-away lesson is that the vehicle can track straight, yet have a crooked steering wheel.

If you get the vehicle serviced, let them know to ensure the steering wheel is centered as part of the alignment.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
When you say “get it right,” do you mean the quality of the service resulting in uneven tire wear of your tires, poor correction of the steering wheel tracking straight, or both of these issues?

The problem I experience is mainly poor alignment services where the lazy technician only makes adjustments to the toe, thrust, and camber (if applicable), while failing to baseline these adjustments to a properly, centered steering wheel. The result of this is a car that tracks straight (does not pull left or right), mitigates improper wear of the tires, but has a crooked steering wheel.

For this reason, the alignment shop that I choose has me center the steering wheel, and then aligns the suspension according to the correct specifications. This process is how it should be done, but lazy techs fail to do it because it requires them to make adjustments that match the angle of the steering wheel. Instead, they will only make sure the specs are correct, and ignore the steering angle.

This video explains the importance of the steering angle:

The take-away lesson is that the vehicle can track straight, yet have a crooked steering wheel.

If you get the vehicle serviced, let them know to ensure the steering wheel is centered as part of the alignment.
Wheel is centered, car tracks straight when just cruising but as soon as I get in the throttle it starts to pull to the right very slightly.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
May be what you are experiencing is torque steer. if its straight while cruising it should be good. Check tire tread wear first
Sponsored