Any way to turn on backup cam?

izitnick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2017 Civic EX CVT Hatch
Country flag
WP_20170211_15_27_26_Rich_LI.jpg

Don't ask me how this happened- I wasn't even trying: Backed out of my driveway and realized BT was turned off on my phone. After I turned it on the car didn't find my device. I restarted the unit while backing out and then getting going. It still didn't find it, so i turned off the car in neutral at the next light. When i got going again, it started but everything was blank. Then, a top sliver of the display started showing video from the rear camera. When i had to turn right, the whole unit showed video. After when the side view would normally go away, i was left with the whole display showing the backup cam video. None of the buttons responded, and i couldn't get it to restart by holding in the audio power button.

Whatever delay the system has when switching modes to display audio must tie up a lot of resources, and some check for that state of rearview was evaluated late, when i was going forward.

I'm not suggesting this is a way to do it, just that the code the system runs on can do it (during an error, by accident). I'd sure Love the source code for the system! For me, a code change would be preferable to an electrical hack.
Agreed. This would be way more in my wheelhouse than wiring!
Sponsored