any way to disengage Driver Attention?

varxtis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Accord EX
So, right up front, I apologize, because I have 2018 Accord EX... not a Civic. I used to own a Civic and I loved the hell out of that thing.
My question, I hope, is relevant regardless of Accord or Civic though.

Does anyone know any exploits or anything to get to the Driver Attention settings? This thing results in far more distractions than its supposed to save you from.
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, right up front, I apologize, because I have 2018 Accord EX... not a Civic. I used to own a Civic and I loved the hell out of that thing.
My question, I hope, is relevant regardless of Accord or Civic though.

Does anyone know any exploits or anything to get to the Driver Attention settings? This thing results in far more distractions than its supposed to save you from.
If you are talking about the honda sensing stuff like LKAS CMB LDW then there should be buttons somewhere to press and turn them off.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP

varxtis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Accord EX
@Billy4202 "TBH you're gonna get better replies at the actual Accord forum - http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/241-10th-generation/"
Already did :( http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/2...ghting/501650-install-apps-2.html#post6288578 Though, Ill try starting one under your suggested catagory.

@dallasjhawk "LKAS CMB LDW" Nope :( and in regards to the manual, trust me, I already did. No luck. To be clear, the feature Im referring to is one where: When the car registers that the car is in motion, and it's sensitive (talking 1-2mph), HondaLink puts a bunch of restrictions on the console.

The whole reason Im hitting the forums is because this will be a feature that you'll only be able to find via an exploit, or if you really know what you're doing. Its a feature that isn't really suppose to be accessible or able to be easily disengaged.

I'm under the impression that the feature is called "Driver Attention" but Im starting to doubt that. Maybe if I can figure out what the feature term actually is, Ill have better luck.

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
@Billy4202 "TBH you're gonna get better replies at the actual Accord forum - http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/241-10th-generation/"
Already did :( http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/2...ghting/501650-install-apps-2.html#post6288578 Though, Ill try starting one under your suggested catagory.

@dallasjhawk "LKAS CMB LDW" Nope :( and in regards to the manual, trust me, I already did. No luck. To be clear, the feature Im referring to is one where: When the car registers that the car is in motion, and it's sensitive (talking 1-2mph), HondaLink puts a bunch of restrictions on the console.

The whole reason Im hitting the forums is because this will be a feature that you'll only be able to find via an exploit, or if you really know what you're doing. Its a feature that isn't really suppose to be accessible or able to be easily disengaged.

I'm under the impression that the feature is called "Driver Attention" but Im starting to doubt that. Maybe if I can figure out what the feature term actually is, Ill have better luck.
What kind of restrictions? Mine just won't let you play video through the HDMI input. But every other button on the console is working when in motion. Mind you we don't have HondaLink here. And I mainly use Android Auto when driving.

pyropinky

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' civic hatch sport touring 6sp SGP
What kind of restrictions? Mine just won't let you play video through the HDMI input. But every other button on the console is working when in motion. Mind you we don't have HondaLink here. And I mainly use Android Auto when driving.
I think they mean the pop up that says "this feature is inaccessible when the vehicle is in motion" like when you try and open up the browser or vehicle settings.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
You can't normally disable that. It's not linked to Hondalink, it goes by your GPS. Even if you do not have nav, your Honda is GPS-equipped. At least for the US, that's a Federal regulation that certain infotainment functionality be disabled when the vehicle is in motion.

OP
OP

varxtis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Accord EX
@AndyAndromeda-AUS Don't get me started on AndroidAuto. Thats what we have to use, and it's limitations alone tick me off. I swear, it's like they give us a nice shiny tablet as a console and only give you a clock, a compass, a map, a phone, and a pause/play function. Even when parked there's no web browser, no youtube, no Fandango... Nothin'. And Apps that are supported, like DoubleTwist (I use it because I can sync my iTunes Playlists) are SUUUUUPER dumb down.

@pyropinky Yup, that's the one.

@shihabp79 Oh dang, I didn't realize that's how it worked. I assumed it went based on the speedometer or something. :( I wonder if theres a way to disable the restrictions without disabling the GPS.

Here's why I want to disable this feature
Actual scenario (I use DoubleTwist to play my music as I can sync iTunes playlists straight to DoubleTwist): Im on the freeway listening to a playlist on DoubleTwist through AndroidAuto. Asked Google if there was an accident on I-80, because we are crawling. Google responds "Ok, Playing Lucky In My Life". So now, the audio is playing Lucky In My Life by Eiffel 65 (What!?! they were my 2k!) as a single Track and there's no voice command to go back to the playlist. I try to manually browse the playlists, but the car wont let me because we are going TWO MILES PER HOUR (If even that fast). So, trying to be a good boy, I Have to pause the song and wait until Im stopped, which wasn't for another 40mins. A similar situation happened again, but this time I said "bleep it", unplugged the dang phone, and manually navigated through the task in less then 3 seconds (I counted once the phone was disconnected).
If you say "Why pause it and not just go to the next Track?" or "Why not use Spotify?" or something... You are purposefully missing or avoiding the point.

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Why are you using the world's worst media player for your playlists? It's 2018, and ITunes is dead.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can't normally disable that. It's not linked to Hondalink, it goes by your GPS. Even if you do not have nav, your Honda is GPS-equipped. At least for the US, that's a Federal regulation that certain infotainment functionality be disabled when the vehicle is in motion.
X2. 9th gen SIs had HDMI and would play video... but it'd cut off. Mine didn't have Navi but still had a GPS unit that would cut it off. I don't know of any work around... though there was some talk about it on the 9th gen Civic forums.

OP
OP

varxtis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Accord EX
@AndyAndromeda-AUS lol. Its just what I'm comfortable with.

@charleswrivers No fair!! I want HDMI and video playback SOOOOO bad!!
My father In-law has a Chevy Tahoe and a couple of years ago he had an android Pumpkin unit installed. Now THAT was a sweet system. An android tablet type system that actually worked like a tablet. Not like this crappy HondaLink/AndroidAuto BS.

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@AndyAndromeda-AUS lol. Its just what I'm comfortable with.

@charleswrivers No fair!! I want HDMI and video playback SOOOOO bad!!
My father In-law has a Chevy Tahoe and a couple of years ago he had an android Pumpkin unit installed. Now THAT was a sweet system. An android tablet type system that actually worked like a tablet. Not like this crappy HondaLink/AndroidAuto BS.
My X Gen has HDMI :D
Sponsored