2.0L Any tunes for the 2.0L yet?

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
From a dead a
When launching in D helps more but anything top end you want to be in L or S shifting wastes time trust me I’ve been in hundreds of races in my car you don’t want to shift. Especially in a cvt all max hp going to the wheel. How I wine races and I win most!!
My car goes from 0-120 a lot faster just keeping the pedal mashed without messing with the shifter. Between 80-100 the CVT adjusts down to keep it in the primary power band above 5400rpm since it loses power over 6500rpm. S is probably good for jerking around corners at speeds not safe for streets, and L is really designed for downhill safety.
Sponsored

k20martinez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
My car goes from 0-120 a lot faster just keeping the pedal mashed without messing with the shifter. Between 80-100 the CVT adjusts down to keep it in the primary power band above 5400rpm since it loses power over 6500rpm. S is probably good for jerking around corners at speeds not safe for streets, and L is really designed for downhill safety.
Yes and shifting your out of peak power then into peak power but max HP is at 6.5k why would you want to move though the power band when you could keep max power. But that’s how I see it our cars could act different too but you should log your 0-120 and do some 40 and 50 and I’ll do some too and Compare to each other? And the only difference would be you able to run 93? I’m only able to run 91. But we should still compare acceleration speeds

Last edited:

Jeune Padawan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2017
Do you guys know if there's a tune for the 2.0l civic lx 2017? The engine is the "K20C2". Couldn't really find it online for the tune...

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag

Aurelleah

First Name
Aurelleah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX in Modern Steel
Country flag
Those are exactly what I got lol .

I'm gonna get downpipe too and that's it for me. Quiet on cruise, and loud (intake) on WOT.
Man, is the intake EVER loud. Is it just me or is there an annoying resonance at 4000rpm though, and VTEC engagement is like uncomfortably loud in the cabin of the car lol

zabih107

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Man, is the intake EVER loud. Is it just me or is there an annoying resonance at 4000rpm though, and VTEC engagement is like uncomfortably loud in the cabin of the car lol
damn dude, did you already purchased the intake and tune?

Aurelleah

First Name
Aurelleah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
damn dude, did you already purchased the intake and tune?
Yeah -- im looking into getting some heat shielding for the intake box and tube, I wonder if the loudness is being caused by vibration. Only way to know is Rev it in neutral and watch it simultaneously, which would require a second set of hands lol

zabih107

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Yeah -- im looking into getting some heat shielding for the intake box and tube, I wonder if the loudness is being caused by vibration. Only way to know is Rev it in neutral and watch it simultaneously, which would require a second set of hands lol
I have found that between 4000-5000 RPM it sounds the best. It has the most grunt and meaty-ness to the sound in that range. As for being loud, well ya intake does make the engine louder (can hear more). i do however get drone in the 2800rpm to 3300rpm range if I am gently climbing up the rpm ( gently). I believe (not 100% sure) that's due to CVT which causes engine to drone.

Aurelleah

First Name
Aurelleah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have found that between 4000-5000 RPM it sounds the best. It has the most grunt and meaty-ness to the sound in that range. As for being loud, well ya intake does make the engine louder (can hear more). i do however get drone in the 2800rpm to 3300rpm range if I am gently climbing up the rpm ( gently). I believe (not 100% sure) that's due to CVT which causes engine to drone.
Not the CVT that's for sure. I got rid of a lot of the drone around 3000to4000 by putting a microfibre towel under the front bottom of the filter (was vibrating against the metal as it dropped), though it's partially still there. Mostly gone tho. Still a drone around vtec-land tho .-. I can guarantee that 100 percent of any drone or resonance is gonna be from vibration or vehicle resonance, otherwise itd also do it with the stock intake :p

I do agree it sounds best around 4000-5000; it's also got an angry sort of "warning growl" around 2000-2500 haha, so meaty and warm.

Also, I had the chance to pass off my financing and get a EX-T or touring with not that much financial repercussions today. But after trying the turbo again for the second time I decided to stick with my EX. The ext is faster, but this engine sounds so much better and instant power delivery is awesome vs the lag of turbo. Also it seemed to me like any spirited acceleration would murder fuel economy and use a ton of fuel, whereas it seems to use much less in my EX. Maybe it's the "first car" personal bias due to attachment to my current car but I actually wound up missing my current car and wanted to drive it again! The 2.0L might not be as fast, but to me it feels better, is more responsive, sounds better, and the difference in acceleration felt not that big when tested side by side. It's surprising how good of an engine the 2.0L, even if modders treat it like an afterthought, or "just the base engine". Not surprised the 2.0L sold so well in Canada lol (the new EX in 2019 has the 2.0L compared to USA 1.5l)

youo34

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe Sport 2019
Country flag
Anyone in the thread play with the settings to improve the feeling of stock tune on CVT 2.0L? ex: throttle padding/response etc.

Civic_rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone in the thread play with the settings to improve the feeling of stock tune on CVT 2.0L? ex: throttle padding/response etc.
Yep I'm running the Improved Throttle Response II and have been since 5,000 miles (I'm at ~38,000). It makes a night and day difference. Best mod out there for the K20C2's along with the throttle response change.

KTuner has a base tune which is the only available one from the company but it is able to be custom tuned. It lowers i-VTEC to 5,300rpm in the manual and 5,600rpm in the CVT.

Here is their dyno to show proof of the gains. The biggest gain isi-VTEC falloff near 5,000-6,000rpms as you can see on the graph. Mine revs out to 7k no sweat.
Honda Civic 10th gen Any tunes for the 2.0L yet? K20C2GAINS

When you change up the throttle response the CVTs will drive significantly different. The CVT's have a weird lag that's present and to get around it you need to blip the throttle multiple times with each time moving it closer and closer to the floor that way the rpms rise quicker and you hit i-VTEC as quickly as possible.

If you're doing autocross or tracking the 2.0 I recommend staying in S or L 'gear' because they keep the rpms higher. I found that the L gear is hit or miss in terms of acceleration. I get the best acceleration most times with S doing the pedal dance.

Hope this helped!

-Rob

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep I'm running the Improved Throttle Response II and have been since 5,000 miles (I'm at ~38,000). It makes a night and day difference. Best mod out there for the K20C2's along with the throttle response change.

KTuner has a base tune which is the only available one from the company but it is able to be custom tuned. It lowers i-VTEC to 5,300rpm in the manual and 5,600rpm in the CVT.

Here is their dyno to show proof of the gains. The biggest gain isi-VTEC falloff near 5,000-6,000rpms as you can see on the graph. Mine revs out to 7k no sweat.
K20C2GAINS.jpg

When you change up the throttle response the CVTs will drive significantly different. The CVT's have a weird lag that's present and to get around it you need to blip the throttle multiple times with each time moving it closer and closer to the floor that way the rpms rise quicker and you hit i-VTEC as quickly as possible.

If you're doing autocross or tracking the 2.0 I recommend staying in S or L 'gear' because they keep the rpms higher. I found that the L gear is hit or miss in terms of acceleration. I get the best acceleration most times with S doing the pedal dance.

Hope this helped!

-Rob
Are you able to go into the Ktuner settings and change more than just the Quick Adjustments? And what is the recommended Octane for the Ktuner tune? It's clear that the tune itself makes a world of difference, Peak HP is significantly higher and your torque doesn't fall off near as hard up top as it did stock. Awesome stuff