Any trick to reinstall A pillar trim?

S2KGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Is it just me or is it a pain to get the very front corner tab of the A pillar trim to click back into the slot? I keep getting the whole piece to snap into the right place but then I notice the front corner has slipped outside of the slot so there's a gap between the very tip of the trim piece and the dash... Any trick to getting this to fit back in the right place?
Sponsored

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The bottom snaps in first then the top. Should be mega easy. I just did mine again last week to put noico foam under there to fix the rattle. The plug rattled in mine and I built up the foam on the bottom because there's about .090" of play between that trim piece and dash. I have dash cam and radar wires behind the passanger one. I've had to go after rattles behind those pieces twice now.
Honda Civic 10th gen Any trick to reinstall A pillar trim? IMG_20210530_201602

OP
OP

S2KGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The bottom snaps in first then the top. Should be mega easy. I just did mine again last week to put noico foam under there to fix the rattle. The plug rattled in mine and I built up the foam on the bottom because there's about .090" of play between that trim piece and dash. I have dash cam and radar wires behind the passanger one. I've had to go after rattles behind those pieces twice now.
IMG_20210530_201602.jpg
Yeah I keep trying to get the very front of the trim to slide into the slot first but it seems like no matter what I do the tab slips to the outside of the slot… so then once I get the whole pillar to snap into the right place everything is fine except the very tip isn’t flush against the dash since it’s outside of that slot.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It should snap in flush but mine has about a .090 or just under 1/8" gap between the trim plastic and the dash. I can also press it in to get about 1/8 gap, it desnt snap in super stiff which is why I also built up foam behind it at the bottom. Is that what you mean?

OP
OP

S2KGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It should snap in flush but mine has about a .090 or just under 1/8" gap between the trim plastic and the dash. I can also press it in to get about 1/8 gap, it desnt snap in super stiff which is why I also built up foam behind it at the bottom. Is that what you mean?
No, there’s a slot that you can see where the front tab on the trim should slide into. My issue is that no matter how I like it up when I go to actually slide the trim into place that front tab slips over to the left (this is on the driver side) and away from the slot. So then the trim piece is all lined up for the clip and screw to go in, but that front tab is on the wrong side of the slot. So then I have to pull the whole trim piece back out and try again since there’s no way to get the tab to go in the slot once the rest of the piece is in the right place.
Sponsored