Any Swiss Automatic Watch fans/collectors here?

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I always had cheap watches as fashion items when I was younger, but decided to make it a hobby of collecting nice swiss-made, automatic/mechanical watches as an adult.

When I graduated college and got my first engineering job in 2014, I spent my 1st paycheck to treat my family to a fancy dinner and my 2nd one on treating my wrist! Everyone knows the big Rolex name, but I was never really a fan of the diver design. I ended up going with a Montblanc Timewalker Chronograph and spent a little more than I care to admit ?

Added a couple more to my collection over the years and fast forward to last month where I just added this gem:

Eterna Adventic GMT

Honda Civic 10th gen Any Swiss Automatic Watch fans/collectors here? 20200823_221252_resized

Honda Civic 10th gen Any Swiss Automatic Watch fans/collectors here? 20200823_221552

Honda Civic 10th gen Any Swiss Automatic Watch fans/collectors here? 20200823_221402

NorrinRadd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Manual 1.5T, KTuner + TSP1
Country flag
I had a small collection of autos, I sold most of them and just have a couple Seiko divers now. One of them is a vintage 6309.

I was blowing too much money on them ?

JustBob

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I always had cheap watches as fashion items when I was younger, but decided to make it a hobby of collecting nice swiss-made, automatic/mechanical watches as an adult.

When I graduated college and got my first engineering job in 2014, I spent my 1st paycheck to treat my family to a fancy dinner and my 2nd one on treating my wrist! Everyone knows the big Rolex name, but I was never really a fan of the diver design. I ended up going with a Montblanc Timewalker Chronograph and spent a little more than I care to admit ?

Added a couple more to my collection over the years and fast forward to last month where I just added this gem:

Eterna Adventic GMT

20200823_221252_resized.jpg

20200823_221552.jpg

20200823_221402.jpg
I'm into watches as well. I currently have 9, almost all mechanical/automatics. Unfortunately, the only Swiss Made happens to be a Quartz one. Still pricey tho! lol
I mostly have Seiko (Prospex line) and all are Divers with one Field watch.

OP
OP
arpypat

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I had a small collection of autos, I sold most of them and just have a couple Seiko divers now. One of them is a vintage 6309.

I was blowing too much money on them ?
That Seiko 6309 looks pretty good! And I can totally relate on the money blowing part LOL. Between Si mods and watch collection, that probably could've been a downpayment on a house ?

OP
OP
arpypat

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'm into watches as well. I currently have 9, almost all mechanical/automatics. Unfortunately, the only Swiss Made happens to be a Quartz one. Still pricey tho! lol
I mostly have Seiko (Prospex line) and all are Divers with one Field watch.
Ya, even Swiss made quartz watches are expensive! Didn't realize how popular Seiko divers were!

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was getting into watches... then I caught the modding bug and well one hobby had to go. I've sold a few, only ones left are sub-$100 ones from TJ Maxx or Invicta. Someday in the future I would love to have a nice watch collection but there are more fun things to spend my money on at this point. I also love the design and style of a lot of high end watches but I can't see spending dumb money on Rolex or the like... Omegas are a good price point for the quality they tout.

I actually picked up a few "super reps" from China to get an idea for wearing watches like those - how people look at you etc. They were actually pretty damn good quality, and I liked the watches, but it made me realize for sure I would not spend the money to have like ~$30k on my wrist, or more. Some of these Richard Mille watches... c'mon man $200k on your wrist? Even if you're rich you could do a lot better with that money. The only one I may consider is a Rolex explorer II someday as I was absolutely smitten with the 216570. Other than that, I'd love a Seamaster. Classic and classy, and not really too expensive for what you get. And if the stars align... it will be one of these, the Seamaster Commander 007.

Honda Civic 10th gen Any Swiss Automatic Watch fans/collectors here? 1600438209462

vieux georges

First Name
georges
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017civic si coupe
Country flag
I am not a collector but I do own some nice
Swiss watches. The most sought after is an Omega
Speedmaster Professional chronometer that I bought in Geneva
in 1967 for about 100$.
NASA selected it to be the watch of astronauts who
went to the moon in 1969.
Today, it is worth a few thousands euros.
Probably I will sell it before I die.

OP
OP
arpypat

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I am not a collector but I do own some nice
Swiss watches. The most sought after is an Omega
Speedmaster Professional chronometer that I bought in Geneva
in 1967 for about 100$.
NASA selected it to be the watch of astronauts who
went to the moon in 1969.
Today, it is worth a few thousands euros.
Probably I will sell it before I die.
Someone is selling their 1967 Omega Speedmaster Professional chrono for almost $13k USD!
https://www.chrono24.com/omega/speedmaster-105012---66-cb-case--id14236932.htm

MattLodi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport+
Country flag
Horology is a fascinating world, at the moment the only mechanical watch i own is a Seiko SNK805, in past i had an Orien Mako but i sold it because i was tired of the "diver look".
As you can see i'm on the lower end side of horology :nixon:
Honda Civic 10th gen Any Swiss Automatic Watch fans/collectors here? IMG_4428_0

OP
OP
arpypat

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Horology is a fascinating world, at the moment the only mechanical watch i own is a Seiko SNK805, in past i had an Orien Mako but i sold it because i was tired of the "diver look".
As you can see i'm on the lower end side of horology :nixon:
IMG_4428_0.jpg
A lot of Seiko fans here! There is one Seiko automatic that I really want:

Honda Civic 10th gen Any Swiss Automatic Watch fans/collectors here? A127HH1810002-8

MattLodi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport+
Country flag
A lot of Seiko fans here! There is one Seiko automatic that I really want:

A127HH1810002-8.jpg
yes, they're like the Honda of Watches :headbang:
I'd like to buy the Seiko Sarb033 before the prices increase again.

0percentapr

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I love them but they're so expensive, I only have a seiko alpinist that I wear often

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man... I’ve got nothing to add of coolness value and am still way in the cheap/fashionable stage... but I do really like watches and would have a pile of them if I had the coin.

I’d pretty much exclusively had digital watches as a daily up until 3-4 years ago when my old lady got me one of the Seiko Solars w/a 24 hour face for military time. It’s nothing fancy but I sure have enjoyed it and have mentioned a fancy watch as a retirement present.
Honda Civic 10th gen Any Swiss Automatic Watch fans/collectors here? 92EA444E-69EF-4C26-8635-1C543622CDD5

Another cheapo watch (my only other analog) is a Vostok I’ve had a number of years. It’s sort of an underway timepiece... for the novelty and irony of taking a Russian watch featuring one of their boats underway on a US boat.
Honda Civic 10th gen Any Swiss Automatic Watch fans/collectors here? E97F2F87-D5B7-4C6B-9E50-158173124F2F

I love seeing the (for real) cool watches and am envious. Makes me dream a little about getting a “real” watch. Thanks for sharing.